• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Math died because she forgot she changed subclass lol.

Next run Todd's all "I got this, I never die" - dies.

Next run Todd's all "I've practiced, I got this" - dies

Fucking Warlocks, man. At least the other two classes can super across if their jumping ain't up to snuff. It's risky, though.

Sullichin

Haven't seen Bastion in a long time. Kinda miss it.
I played a lot of Combined Arms last time it was around. I had a lot of fun on First Light and Bastion but I'm glad they're not on the regular playlists anymore. I think First Light is a great map, it's just too big for Destiny. Maybe if there was an 8v8 mode

Fucking Warlocks, man. At least the other two classes can super across if their jumping ain't up to snuff. It's risky, though.

bladedancer has the best success rate. the super is really easy. it's just getting into that cave that's tricky.

just use triple jump until you get in there and then switch and wait.

GutZ31

Warlock really is the class to leave behind when attempting flawless, unless the player is super good with the jump, and never plays sun singer.

Sun singer class leaves this unconscious idea in your mind that as long as you have a super, you can always come back to life.
Not everyone falls into this faulty play style, but I've completed over 6 flawless raids, and out of all the dumb deaths, 70%+ where warlock deaths.

But everyone knows the real problem; that damn float jump...

ocean

Banned
1 Spear, 1 LDR and a 287 attack Praedyth's Revenge: Skolas is down. Not too bad.

Scrub moment of the day: "Oh motherfucker this is the character I already ran it with!" - me.

bladedancer has the best success rate. the super is really easy. it's just getting into that cave that's tricky.

just use triple jump until you get in there and then switch and wait.

Good times. :p

Afro was so shocked I made it across lol.

Don't even have to use the cave though. Just use triple jump once you get to the other side and you should be fine.

ocean

Banned
I have an LDR with Ambush, Unflinching (the one the vendor sold during TDB) and a Shadow of Veils. Is it really necessary for me to go for broke blowing mats on the "God roll" PvP sniper? Is there any advantage I'd be missing out on if I didn't?
Both of those have high base Aim Assist (SoV actually being higher than the all-praised LGH) and enough impact to kill through revive shields. Save your Motes if you're looking for a ToO sniper; those two are perfect.

Jas

Hell, I can't get anyone for a PoE 32, so I'll give it a shot. I'm not that great, but hey, could be fun, right? Right? :/

I'm the other guy playing with him I can do POE 32 with you after ToO if you want. Haven't done it on 2 other characters yet.

sajj316

1 Spear, 1 LDR and a 287 attack Praedyth's Revenge: Skolas is down. Not too bad.

Scrub moment of the day: "Oh motherfucker this is the character I already ran it with!" - me.

What's the best place to find out if you already ran PoE successfully with a character?

Deku Tree

Warlock really is the class to leave behind when attempting flawless, unless the player is super good with the jump, and never plays sun singer.

Sun singer class leaves this unconscious idea in your mind that as long as you have a super, you can always come back to life.
Not everyone falls into this faulty play style, but I've completed over 6 flawless raids, and out of all the dumb deaths, 70%+ where warlock deaths.

But everyone knows the real problem; that damn float jump...

Nobody does flawless VoG anymore anyway. But eh the warlock can simply jump to the third rock and then float the rest of the way across. If anyone practices it a few times then they'll never miss. It really just depends on which class makes you the most comfortable.

For flawless in general the sinsinger has radiance plus flame shield apotheosis veil to completely regen health. The Titan has a bubble to save a death. But the Hunter has no "uh oh" super to save them from a near death. So IMO Hunter is the worst class for flawless.

GutZ31

Nobody does flawless VoG anymore anyway. But eh the warlock can simply jump to the third rock and then float the rest of the way across. If anyone practices it a few times then they'll never miss. It really just depends on which class makes you the most comfortable.

For flawless in general the sinsinger has radiance plus flame shield apotheosis veil to completely regen health. The Titan has a bubble to save a death. But the Hunter has no "uh oh" super to save them from a near death. So IMO Hunter is the worst class for flawless.

I've seen hunter invisibility save more games in flawless than warlocks, but titans are the most useful by far with Titan bubble.

That pre-nerf Vex tho. It was so beautiful.
cry-blow.gif

Hunters are a necessity. Especially for CE. If you need an 'uh oh' super, you probably shouldn't be doing a flawless run.

ocean

Banned
What's the best place to find out if you already ran PoE successfully with a character?
destinystatus.com

Put your PSN/GT and you'll have an excellent summary for each of your characters. The "Weekly" tab for each character shows the activities you've cleared for the week: NF, Raids, PoE etc.

todd360

I felt so bad about that. I'm a pro at it now though. The regular method is super easy. We kept trying to find a easy and safe alternative when the way it was meant to be crossed was the safest and easiest the entire time.

sajj316

Hover over Skolas' Revenge icon on "set destination" screen. If rewards are available, you haven't done it. If they aren't, you already did it.

destinystatus.com

Put your PSN/GT and you'll have an excellent summary for each of your characters. The "Weekly" tab for each character shows the activities you've cleared for the week: NF, Raids, PoE etc.

Thanks! So many apps, web sites, chrome extensions, widgets, etc ...

jtar86

Haven't been killed by any thing other than hand cannons in IB (when I'm killed by a primary). Surely they're due for a nerf soon.

We got lucky. First mine spawned right next to us. We kept dpsing him. He was down before the second mine of the first wave was up.
nice!!!
ok. i guess we'll try the left platform and DPS til we get him down. hopefully, we'll get lucky too, or we'll try to have a hunter with MIDA to get the first mine.

Top Bottom