• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

nice!!!
ok. i guess we'll try the left platform and DPS til we get him down. hopefully, we'll get lucky too, or we'll try to have a hunter with MIDA to get the first mine.

If you leave when the timer is at 20 seconds, you'll get the mine easily. No need for mida, it won't even help you that much, rather have a good void primary to kill adds.

Just pop bladedance, go invis and run to the mine.

Namikaze1

I've already done 34, but I'll help you regardless. Hopefully there's a third somewhere that needs it.

I actually still need it for my Hunter.
Alright! :)

I'm in orbit right now. I know I have you Vaal but I'm not sure if I have you, Sentinel.

nice!!!
ok. i guess we'll try the left platform and DPS til we get him down. hopefully, we'll get lucky too, or we'll try to have a hunter with MIDA to get the first mine.
you running it with Hawkian?

LiK

First roll with Felwinter's Shot Package/ Fitted Stock, High Caliber, injection Mode/ Rodeo

Hope that's a good roll

Is striker pretty useless in ToO this week? I couldn't get close enough to use my smash and my supper went unused or flubbed every time. I hate to give up my double lighting grenades, but even those are tough to make use of without many choke points.

Also found myself using the term 'absolute' after watching zoba's friends stream.

Haven't been killed by any thing other than hand cannons in IB (when I'm killed by a primary). Surely they're due for a nerf soon.

Only one that needs a nerf is Thorn. Can keep it's ridiculous damage and range as long as they return it back to its old clip size and reload speed. The rest are fine.

I felt so bad about that. I'm a pro at it now though. The regular method is super easy. We kept trying to find a easy and safe alternative when the way it was meant to be crossed was the safest and easiest the entire time.

Well, I killed myself with a rocket on the first attempt. Shit happens. :p

Is striker pretty useless in ToO this week? I couldn't get close enough to use my smash and my supper went unused or flubbed every time. I hate to give up my double lighting grenades, but even those are tough to make use of without many choke points.

Also found myself using the term 'absolute' after watching zoba's friends stream.

Did you try Helm of Inmost Light? It works great on a map like Widow's Court.

hydruxo

First roll with Felwinter's Shot Package/ Fitted Stock, High Caliber, injection Mode/ Rodeo

Hope that's a good roll
I'd reroll it. Injection mold reduces the range (something you don't want to do with shottys) and rodeo is pretty useless on a shotgun.

This thread was really helpful when I was reforging my Matador. Try to get aggressive ballistics + shot package + either Rifled Barrel, Reinforced Barrel, Smallbore to max out the range.

i think the striker is useful only during the heavy round... possibly.
yeah, i picked up that term too, but i prefer weak, as it's shorter and quicker to say. :D

It's in my top two of most hated strikes. . I might try to push out 3 before reset but god. . I don't think I'm that desperate.
i'm with you Darrel, but you do know that the sloped area before omnigul's room can be skipped, right? you just run right by her, as long as everyone else does too, and run into the little broom closet in her room. she'll come to join you for dinner, and you can have 2 DPS'ing her while the third revives.

Very useless indeed. Only good, consistent point I've found for Lightning grenades is if you spawn low side and the other team is sniping in the high courtyard, close to the staircase or on "the wall". Tossing a nade against the side building so it sticks horizontally usually earns me 2-3 kills a match.

Smash is useless though outside of panic rushes or contesting a overtime point. If you got more than one titan on your trials team it feels like a real handicap this week, especially if the other team is only running hunters or warlocks (especially self-rez).

ocean

Banned
so with that mix, were you able to kill skolas before the mine phase?

No, but having the first mine spawn right next to you makes it doable.

We had one run where the first mine popped next to us and we got him almost dead before someone died. Two unsuccessful runs after that. Then we got the mine next to us a second time and we killed the bastard in time. Corrective Measure x3 while capping A, finished him off.

sajj316

i'm with you Darrel, but you do know that the sloped area before omnigul's room can be skipped, right? you just run right by her, as long as everyone else does too, and run into the little broom closet in her room. she'll come to join you for dinner, and you can have 2 DPS'ing her while the third revives.

Assuming everyone knows what to do. I remember assuming everyone did and I rushed for the broom closet. Other two remained. I entertained her while others joined the party late. However, they remained across the room, sitting in their seats not wanting to dance.

Frenden

Banned
Damn. My flight was delayed several hours and I'm probably going to be in the air during reset. I was hoping to speed level my last character in IB to get at least the rank 3 etheric on all.

In the airport now. Boo.

amar212

Haven't been killed by any thing other than hand cannons in IB (when I'm killed by a primary). Surely they're due for a nerf soon.

You should play Trials of Osiris.

It should be called Thorns of Osiris. Or Trials of Thorns. Or simply Thorn of Thorns.

ethomaz

Banned
Just showing the roll I have for void sniper in my vault that makes me a Skolas killer this week ;)

~9.7k normal / ~13k final round

25 shots... 5 final rounds.

RUdcz3d.png

Top Bottom