• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

We will probably have to delay until 9 or so. My friend just got called out (he's a fireman/paramedic), though most of his calls are minor stuff that don't require a lot of time. If he's not back by that time we will just find a third person and do it ourselves. You sound excited so I don't want to keep you waiting all that long.
okay, no problem. I'll be around.

If I have two characters at 3+, approximately how long would it take to get the last one to 3?

Wondering if it's worth it for that last Etheric Light.

Did you ever get a third for ToO earlier? Saw you were running IB when I logged back on so I was glimmer farming while waiting for the signal.

Nope, tried with Mr. Steven and Gunawi but our connection wasn't great so I backed out after a couple of games.

We were 3 titans and titans are probably the worst class on this map :(

Hoping I can get a couple of wins before reset.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
destiny-banner.jpg

Hey all!

Got my IRL buddy into the game and now we are two 'locks and seem to be soundly stuck at lvl32.

We mainly play Sun/Mon evenings at 11pm-2:30am eastern (he's in Calgary, I'm in Orlando - go figure) Both are full purples and exotics.

Anyone want to be our tour guide/mentor to the end game content? Preferably the PVE stuff as he's not really a PVP guy so far.

WAY excited to hit the end game stuff finally. PSN: lastsonkrypt0n

I'll check the thread but feel free to friend/PM me here too.
Simplest thing (not to gloss over your request)- run Prison of Elders level 32, and that will let you hit 33. You'll need one more player.

The bosses of the PoE runs change each week, and the one on this 32 is pretty tough- but definitely doable. Hopefully you can snag someone who knows the run and can help you guys out. I'm supposed to be doing 35 tonight in the time frame you're talking about or I'd do so myself

nOoblet16

Quickdraw IMO is the best center perk. Just makes snipers feel so much better.

You need stability in snipers to be atleast above 60-65%, Quickdraw will work when you want to switch to sniper but most of the time when you want to switch fast it's because you need it so as to switch from sniper to your HC..and the Bladedancer Quickdraw is a better option anyway if you run that class.

Injection mold will give you stability AND faster aiming...Quickdraw won't give you faster aiming.

Trace

Banned
You need stability in snipers to be atleast above 60-65%, Quickdraw will work when you want to switch to sniper but most of the time when you want to switch fast it's because you need it so as to switch from sniper to your HC..and the Bladedancer Quickdraw is a better option anyway if you run that class.

Injection mold will give you stability AND faster aiming...Quickdraw won't give you faster aiming.

Quickdraw does increase ADS speed as well.

Just FYI. Stability doesn't matter nearly as much as getting the shot off faster.

nOoblet16

Just FYI. Stability doesn't matter nearly as much as getting the shot off faster.
I do not see how Quickdraw is more useful if you already have Injection Mold (which gives you ADS speed as well)...especially considering that most encounter do not require you to switch to sniper at all. You simple should not be running a high RoF or medium RoF sniper with less than 60% stability. Plus the Bladedancer class negating the need for Quickdraw i.e. if you run the class.

Edit: I get majority of my kills with sniper these days and I don't use Quickdraw as I find it absolutely useless to my style of play with a Gunslinger. Stability on the other hand I absolutely miss because a high stability allows me to two tap as well as kill two enemies quickly as I don't have to adjust much.

Rubenov

Bigger question is, does Her Benevolence has more base aim assist than LDR or not?

Planet Destiny database has HB's aim assist at 55 and LDR at 49:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3__HmlJIyIU

While the REDDIT reforging guide has HB at 40 and LDR at 49:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/37gpws/sniper_rifle_and_reforging_tier_list_for_pvp/

Which is right? This is important.

LiK

Played some IB with one gaffer and randoms. Constantly at the top of the board but lost a few cuz some dummies would grab points we don't need and flip spawn. That's why randoms suck.

Another seasoned PvP'er want to help w some ToO in an hour or so? Trying to get LTWood another Mercury trip, followed by whoever else might be around tonight.

I'd also like to do a little more IB to get my Titan to rank 5.

Voidtrapper Hunter Confirm. MAKE IT HAPPEN BUNGIE

Lol Val and his void trapper subclass go together like Val and the phrase "eh, yeah it's whatever"

A_Gorilla

Banned
I now have 13 Etheric Light and no idea what to use them on. I've already upgraded Fatebringer, VoC, Swordbreaker, and Hunger of Crota, just to name a few...

Another seasoned PvP'er want to help w some ToO in an hour or so? Trying to get LTWood another Mercury trip, followed by whoever else might be around tonight.

Only if you have the time, can you help me with my titan to get some armor, maybe around an hour before weekly reset? Ji66a hasn't done trials on two of his toons so maybe he would like to join as well....

Went 9-2 on my Warlock card.

Started 1-0 with my hunter because I forgot to buy the boons. lol

Will try to run it again in a while.

Thanks mindlog and gunwai!

LTWood12

Bigger question is, does Her Benevolence has more base aim assist than LDR or not?

Planet Destiny database has HB's aim assist at 55 and LDR at 49:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3__HmlJIyIU

While the REDDIT reforging guide has HB at 40 and LDR at 49:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/37gpws/sniper_rifle_and_reforging_tier_list_for_pvp/

Which is right? This is important.

Lol Val and his void trapper subclass go together like Val and the phrase "eh, yeah it's whatever"

Hey Rubenov. Would you be down?

Trace

Banned
I do not see how Quickdraw is more useful if you already have Injection Mold (which gives you ADS speed as well)...especially considering that most encounter do not require you to switch to sniper at all. You simple should not be running a high RoF or medium RoF sniper with less than 60% stability. Plus the Bladedancer class negating the need for Quickdraw i.e. if you run the class.

Edit: I get majority of my kills with sniper these days and I don't use Quickdraw as I find it absolutely useless to my style of play with a Gunslinger. Stability on the other hand I absolutely miss because a high stability allows me to two tap as well as kill two enemies quickly as I don't have to adjust much.

TBH after running LGH with Quickdraw, I couldn't really imagine using a sniper without one. It just feels so slow.

Mindlog

I have an LGH with QD and I like it as well.
However, I've been sniping with Black Hammer. I haven't noticed significantly more headshots when using LGH, but I have noticed the reduced impact. Wish my LDR had better rolls. I sharded so many great snipers.
Went 9-2 on my Warlock card.

Started 1-0 with my hunter because I forgot to buy the boons. lol

Will try to run it again in a while.

Thanks mindlog and gunwai!
Now I know the map!
Pretty much just got all the coins back and a second Tomorrow's Answer. Going to use that on my Hunter and shard a Void Radegast Fury I was using.

Top Bottom