• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

What about opening the closed market window and put a Legacy vendor who sell old gear from previous DLC at the cost of 5 etheral lights per item, hire me Bungie.

Exactly. See this is why we pay you.
257128,xcitefun-dollar-art-1.jpg

lol

for custom matches, these are the only maps i'd play

Rusted Lands Rumble, Clash, Skirmish and Salvage
Asylum Rumble and Skirmish
Cauldron Doubles
Firebase Delphi Rumble and Skirmish
Widow's Court Rumble, Skirmish and Clash
Shores of Time Clash
Bastion, First Light and Skyshock Control with extra shields, extra vehicle damage and no special ammo spawns or supers

I'm most curious for the last one. I imagine there will be more scout rifle usage and map movement.

Zocano

I'm curious what they are going to introduce to keep us busy until September

Hopefully something, right?

There was a bunch of dead air and nothing in between The Dark Below and House of Wolves.

I don't expect anything until Taken King either.

I almost wish the game had a monthly subscription of a sort just so they'd be more obligated to spoon feed content but this is what we have now and we just have to be more mindful of that.

LiK

lol

for custom matches, these are the only maps i'd play

Rusted Lands Rumble, Clash, Skirmish and Salvage
Asylum Rumble and Skirmish
Cauldron Doubles
Firebase Delphi Rumble and Skirmish
Widow's Court Rumble, Skirmish and Clash
Shores of Time Clash
Bastion, First Light and Skyshock Control with extra shields, extra vehicle damage and no special ammo spawns or supers

I'm most curious for the last one. I imagine there will be more scout rifle usage and map movement.

custom private matches would be fun. i dunno why they don't have that.

There was a bunch of dead air and nothing in between The Dark Below and House of Wolves.

I don't expect anything until Taken King either.

I almost wish the game had a monthly subscription of a sort just so they'd be more obligated to spoon feed content but this is what we have now and we just have to be more mindful of that.

Subscriptions fees do nothing to make a developer obligated to deliver content. WoW recently has had massive gaps between a content drop and a new expansion. If a game that charges $15 a month doesn't have frequent drops fat chance of anything liek that happening with this, even if we paid a fee every month.

Rubenov

Wow, we got matched against a Murderer's Row of Pro Teams to start our LT ToO train. Loot prospects looked bleak when he was at 4-2 with the Mercy long gone, but some better match making luck and clutch plays all around salvaged an 8-2 finish and all the packages. Not to mention some really fun games with a couple of fine gentlemen. GG LT and Sentinal!

I saw your message too late; send me a PSN message next time pls

Obscured

I was starting to feel a little bad running striker with shoulder charge and thorn, but then for the second time through IB I went bladedancer with blink and last word and I began to understand how people could grow to hate me.

Finally got in with a team and it is amazing how much more fun it is to play. It makes it hard to even want to MP without a team

Zocano

Subscriptions fees do nothing to make a developer obligated to deliver content. WoW recently has had massive gaps between a content drop and a new expansion. If a game that charges $15 a month doesn't have frequent drops fat chance of anything liek that happening with this, even if we paid a fee every month.

FF14 seemed to do just fine content with dripping out content

edit: And recent WoW, sure, but there have been plenty of periods in its history where the content was fairly well divied out.

a subscription might make them more inclined to fix the issues or patch in QoL updates though.

might.

i only really want 4 things from Bungie right now

-global voice chat
-access to old gear and ascension of any item we want
-private crucible matches
-brand new content and not reskins. raids with new mechanics; actual new pvp modes; actual new vehicles; new locations and not backwards missions, etc

-new dance moves

The problem is Bungie is not forced or have zero compromise to add new content on the game since the DLC have the content Bungie delivered in mind in the time being.

What happened to Queens wrath dailies in vanilla? it was locked and saved to the DLC because it would lack content for PvE dailies in HoW. What happened to the queens armor set so far? why it was not carried up via patches in vanilla in preparation for TDB or after TDB as a relude for HoW

The same can be said for Osiris PvP content being metioned since vanilla days but was locked too and released till HoW DLC.

I want to see some kind of new strikes between DLC or the planets suffering and changing enemy placements like HoW's fallen being in different areas where you could only see hive or vex living in patrol. I want to see some NPC on the field asking you for help in Public events and not just their voices.

LiK

i noticed no one really plays Strikes anymore. kinda hope maybe this week some of you will do a good ol' fashion Strike train. just to see if we get any good drops.

Ken

i noticed no one really plays Strikes anymore. kinda hope maybe this week some of you will do a good ol' fashion Strike train. just to see if we get any good drops.

I was going to run a Strike for rep but ran PoE 28 instead. Got a legendary engram and legendary LMG at the end lol.

-new dance moves

dammit now i'm going to have to start adding to the list.

i'm still running them when i have time so I can pick up a Hieracon, but i'm a lot less inclined to do it than i was before. If it isn't Shadow Thief, Devil's Lair or Dust Palace, I usually don't want to stick around. Archon Priest really bores me lately.

I don't run PoE at 28 either though.

Zocano

I don't think I'm a fan of giving us (fairly cheap) and powerful re-rolling. I think it takes a lot out of separate weapons and weapon variety when it just becomes mostly homogenized like it is now.

Well, I had fun today until we were at a 3-1 card, got the double win boon to try to get alt gear, and came up against a 3x Thorn team. FUCK YOU THORN.

Every single time I go back to get the double win boon, i come up against a douchy team. Either final round or all thorn.

Nori Chan

So apparently I got the elder cipher from the 34 on my warlock but I had max bounties so it didn't show Now, when I go to Variks, he gives me an option for the 3, but I can't press A to choose it. Looks like it's glitches. I returned to orbit, closed the game, and all of that and I still can't choose it. Any others go through this?

I don't think I'm a fan of giving us (fairly cheap) and powerful re-rolling. I think it takes a lot out of separate weapons and weapon variety when it just becomes mostly homogenized like it is now.

i'd agree if there were more opportunities to have good weapons drop. even after all the changes to the loot system, it's still rare to get a legendary weapon with the right perks. or you'll get the weapon and it'll have something useless like mulligan and rodeo. some people are lucky and get the perfect drops all the time; meanwhile, i'm stuck getting good weapons with not so good stats. i grinded over a dozen levels of new monarchy for prudence, and when i finally got one it had terrible stats. the chances of getting another prudence afterwards weren't so high - i was stuck with that terrible gun.

whereas now i can reroll it until i have what i like.

rerolling is good for longevity and time investment, but there are some perk combinations that are clearly overpowered and a simple fix is to remove them from the rerollable loot pool.

One of the big problems is they left shot package in for shotguns. If they didn't do that then it wouldn't feel as cheap and stupid. Really wish they would've taken it out like Final Round

Nori Chan

So apparently I got the elder cipher from the 34 on my warlock but I had max bounties so it didn't show Now, when I go to Variks, he gives me an option for the 3, but I can't press A to choose it. Looks like it's glitches. I returned to orbit, closed the game, and all of that and I still can't choose it. Any others go through this?

Oh, maybe cause I'm not rank 2 yet lol

LTWood12

Wow, we got matched against a Murderer's Row of Pro Teams to start our LT ToO train. Loot prospects looked bleak when he was at 4-2 with the Mercy long gone, but some better match making luck and clutch plays all around salvaged an 8-2 finish and all the packages. Not to mention some really fun games with a couple of fine gentlemen. GG LT and Sentinal!

Had a great time with you guys! competition was the polar opposite of our run last week when we played Sanford and sons. Those first four or five games this week were all brutal! I was proud of our comeback streak though. Thanks as always for giving up your time to help out a fellow d-gaffer.

i'd agree if there were more opportunities to have good weapons drop. even after all the changes to the loot system, it's still rare to get a legendary weapon with the right perks. or you'll get the weapon and it'll have something useless like mulligan and rodeo. some people are lucky and get the perfect drops all the time; meanwhile, i'm stuck getting good weapons with not so good stats. i grinded over a dozen levels of new monarchy for prudence, and when i finally got one it had terrible stats. the chances of getting another prudence afterwards weren't so high - i was stuck with that terrible gun.

whereas now i can reroll it until i have what i like.

rerolling is good for longevity and time investment, but there are some perk combinations that are clearly overpowered and a simple fix is to remove them from the rerollable loot pool.

It's too late for that now. If they take it out of the loot table. It makes the new comers have a huge disadvantage. They'll have to change the perk on everyone's gun in order to make it fair.

It's too late for that now. If they take it out of the loot table. It makes the new comers have a huge disadvantage. They'll have to change the perk on everyone's gun in order to make it fair.

it wouldn't be the first time they changed the perks on an entire weapon or class, and it shouldn't be the last.

Top Bottom