• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

JaY P.

No worries, Yzen and Unstable can hop in this week, for your spot and the rotating 6th chair. So we can do me, Jigga, Ruthless, ZW, Yzen and Unstable this week. We can get Ken in next week or something if he's still down for it.
Would you guys be able to take a newb? I have yet to experience a destiny raid and would like to go with an experienced team.

Ji66a, Ruthless, Drizzy et all, I regret to say that I will be unable to join you this week for our weekly Raid Runs. Need to be up early tomorrow for something very important. Best of luck to you all, plz save me a HM oracles CP if you can.

i'll take your place.. huehuehue

Ken

No worries, Yzen and Unstable can hop in this week, for your spot and the rotating 6th chair. So we can do me, Jigga, Ruthless, ZW, Yzen and Unstable this week. We can get Ken in next week or something if he's still down for it.

Sure, next week sounds good.

Would you guys be able to take a newb? I have yet to experience a destiny raid and would like to go with an experienced team.

We're full for this week but we can definitely schedule you in for the rotating 6th chair next week. It's very easy for an experienced group like ours to help carry a newb and hopefully we can actually explain the encounters and mechanics along the way :p

How long would you be able to play next week?

Stuck in traffic, home in about 15 mins.

Need to get those ToO wins for titan before reset!

Ji66a, Ruthless, Drizzy et all, I regret to say that I will be unable to join you this week for our weekly Raid Runs. Need to be up early tomorrow for something very important. Best of luck to you all, plz save me a HM oracles CP if you can.

Oh noes, whose found verdict will I steal this week then?

Kidding, will save checkpoint as usual.

I think you mean sort of take it until your router or internet craps out again.

Lol haha

What's this leak everyone is talking about? Taken King content got leaked? Can anyone give me a recap?

taken king releases on september 15th for $40
new raid. crota's dad oryx is mad and wants revenge
new enemy race - the taken
new subclasses:
-hunter has void bow weapon
-warlocks have lightning storm
-titans have giant flaming hammer

that's all the leaks from today.

Jinjo

just it's price of 40$.

That's what got Datto's panties in a bunch? Lol.

Also, the content better be there for that pricetag. And by that I mean, another base game worth of content. Also, raids. Two of them. The one we missed in HoW and the one that belongs to Comet/Taken King

taken king releases on september 15th for $40
new raid. crota's dad oryx is mad and wants revenge
new enemy race - the taken
new subclasses:
-hunter has void bow weapon
-warlocks have lightning storm
-titans have giant flaming hammer

that's all the leaks from today.

Those subclasses sound cool as fuck though. Wow @ the originality of the new raid.... Better have another one/the one we got screwed out on in HoW.

Thanks Zocano for helping us with PoE :)

That's what got Datto's panties in a bunch? Lol.

Also, the content better be there for that pricetag. And by that I mean, another base game worth of content. Also, raids. Two of them. The one we missed in HoW and the one that belongs to Comet/Taken King

Those subclasses sound cool as fuck though. Wow @ the originality of the new raid.... Better have another one/the one we got screwed out on in HoW.

Interesting how everyone is up in arms regarding the price when these two expansions were $40 total. At least Comet appears to have more content than these two combined

Zocano

I'm surprised that "The Taken King" doesn't mean something like "The King which was stolen from us" which I bet the Hive believe in some fashion. Instead it's literally just "The Taken" king. I bet the race name is that for a reason but I didn't think we'd actually get a new race.

Anyway, people flipping out over $40 expansions in the Gaming section thread confuse me. Sure, Destiny has had content problems, but from all accounts they are packaging in *waaaay* more shit into this one than either of the past two expansions and it's not uncommon for expansions to be that pricey-- especially when they are add ons to a MMO
-lite

Jinjo

Interesting how everyone is up in arms regarding the price when these two expansions were $40 total. At least Comet appears to have more content than these two combined

Not everyone was/is happy with the amount of content they got for that price. You're right that it has more than those two combined, but Destiny's problem always has been lack of content. Especially because they cut a raid from HoW and there's no word on when/if that one will arrive yet.

While I greatly enjoy Destiny I'm not sure I would've bought the season pass again in hindsight. So I'll definitely be waiting for full impressions this time and reserve judgement ' till then. But until then I'm not getting my hopes up.

Instead it's literally just "The Taken" king.

takenking.jpg

Shito

I would have no problem paying $40 for TTK. For all the times I've spent on Destiny, meeting new people and having a blast playing coop while I'm usually more of a lone wolf player, the price I've paid so far for the game seems like a bargain to me. I do hope this next expansion will be full of content, though, but more for my own fun playing it than to "justify" the price they will ask for it.

Anyways, my bet for this week's nightfall is Taniks solar burn. :)

ocean

Banned
Dunno if I like this "flaming hammer" thing for Titans
Of course you don't know if you like it - we know absolutely nothing about it :p

As for people expecting 2 Raids...of the base game only had one, I don't see an expansion having two. I also don't think HoW had a Raid that was canceled or whatever - the "Arena" had been datamined for a long time and just assumed to be the next Raid.

I think Comet will be ok in terms of amount of content. The true test, however, will be the quality of said content. Adding a new Raid on the level of Vault of Glass would automatically validate asking price for me. Another Crota's End, in terms of mechanical creativity and encounter design, would be a disappointment.

Will they manage to add a decent amount of Exotics? 3-4 new Exotic weapons like these expansions has been truly lackluster. I'd like to see at least twice that, hopefully more. Bring us a Void Sniper, an Arc Rocket Launcher, lots of gaps need to be filled.

HoW is definitely on the right track with Story missions. They spruced up the whole go, send ghost, kill wave, defend ghost, kill wave that literally made up the entire base game. They can go further. I'd like to see longer, more complex missions and set pieces. I mean these guys made freakin Halo.

The new Strike is good, but could be better. I'd like to see new Strikes offer some objective other than kill sponge. Kill on a timer to prevent an explosion or protect a target or capture some dudes. Whatever really, just change it up a bit.

Where I feel they haven't messed up yet is armor. Each expansion has had their own unique and interesting exotic armor pieces. I trust they'll follow suit, give Warlocks some cool space magic boots :)

Another note: Etheric Light ascends stuff to "year 1" level. This language makes it sound like they'll be left behind. I really, really hope Exotics don't. I don't think they'll add enough new Exotics to make up for the devastating loss which leaving the current stuff would entail. Please please don't leave Exotics at Year 1. Legendaries I understand. Fatebringer will have done more than enough and I'll let him rest when the time comes.

Finally systems. In game LFG, private matches. Boom. GOAT.

Ken

Idk. I'd be super interested in a scenario where we left our year 1 exotics behind. A ton of the launch exotics are still really good compared to the number of good expansion exotics.

Shito

Another note: Etheric Light ascends stuff to "year 1" level. This language makes it sound like they'll be left behind. I really, really hope Exotics don't. I don't think they'll add enough new Exotics to make up for the devastating loss which leaving the current stuff would entail. Please please don't leave Exotics at Year 1. Legendaries I understand. Fatebringer will have done more than enough and I'll let him rest when the time comes.
Nah, the "year 1" wording makes me confident enough that from now on they intend to introduce ways to ascend any legendary / exotic to the level of the current year. This probably means that etheric lights will be rendered useless, and a new currency will be introduced that will allow us to ascend to "year 2".

TheOddOne

Idk. I'd be super interested in a scenario where we left our year 1 exotics behind. A ton of the launch exotics are still really good compared to the number of good expansion exotics.
They can delete No Land Beyond and Dragon's Breath for all I care.

Top Bottom