• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

the glowing warlock bonds are cool but i can't stand stuff like sunbreakers and manacles. the only good looking gear that glows are the no backup plans, but the perk is useless.

nOoblet16

The amount of knee jerk "$40 for DLC? This industry is fucked/Too much money" posts in that Taken King thread is depressing. Whatever happened to value for money? Yea sure there is an argument that they still might not give us as much content as we want (i.e. new patrol area..especially when Mars is so underused, 2 raids including the one dropped from HoW and comet's raid, 8 PvP maps etc) but the pricing itself for a DLC seems fair at $40 considering how many hours we'd get out of it.

ocean

Banned
Idk. I'd be super interested in a scenario where we left our year 1 exotics behind. A ton of the launch exotics are still really good compared to the number of good expansion exotics.
There's just too few DLC Exotics, and most of them aren't even good. I mean really:

TDB: Necrochasm is shit. No Land Beyond is quirky shit. Dragon's Breath is useless and I don't see anyone ever using this. 4th Horseman isn't bad.

HoW: even fewer, but none of them are bad. Just 3 tho.

Unless they add an entirely new repertoire, which I doubt, it'll be a huge hit to our weapon variety.

Nah, the "year 1" wording makes me confident enough that from now on they intend to introduce ways to ascend any legendary / exotic to the level of the current year. This probably means that etheric lights will be rendered useless, and a new currency will be introduced that will allow us to ascend to "year 2".
I don't think year 1 Legendaries will go higher. I'd like it but I wouldn't mind either way. My Exotics though... Can you imagine losing Saint-14, Symbiote, Praxic Fire, Armamentarium, Alpha Lupi, Obsidian Mind, Hawkmoon, Thorn, The Last Word, Gjallarhorn et al? Nah.

The amount of knee jerk "$40 for DLC? This industry is fucked/Too much money" posts in that Taken King thread is depressing. Whatever happened to value for money? Yea sure there is an argument that they still might not give us as much content as we want (i.e. new patrol area..especially when Mars is so underused, 2 raids including the one dropped from HoW and comet's raid, 8 PvP maps etc) but the pricing itself for a DLC seems fair at $40 considering how many hours we'd get out of it.

I think the general perception is that $40 for a crota level DLC pack is what most people expect and argue about why it isn't worth the money.

If HoW is any indication, if they prove to provide the quality and content we've seen in it, $40 is a bargain in the long run.

Ken

There's just too few DLC Exotics, and most of them aren't even good. I mean really:

TDB: Necrochasm is shit. No Land Beyond is quirky shit. Dragon's Breath is useless and I don't see anyone ever using this. 4th Horseman isn't bad.

HoW: even fewer, but none of them are bad. Just 3 tho.

Unless they add an entirely new repertoire, which I doubt, it'll be a huge hit to our weapon variety.

I don't think year 1 Legendaries will go higher. I'd like it but I wouldn't mind either way. My Exotics though... Can you imagine losing Saint-14, Symbiote, Praxic Fire, Armamentarium, Alpha Lupi, Obsidian Mind, Hawkmoon, Thorn, The Last Word, Gjallarhorn et al? Nah.

Exactly. The launch exotics seem really too good compared to DLC and I feel like that kills variety. That there isn't a new Praxic Fire or Saints 14 makes me think Bungie didn't balance the launch exotics too well perk-wise. An exotic wipe would give them a second chance at setting the base power levels for everything and hopefully allow for a larger pool of viable exotic armor.

I would but ugggghhhh, did three separate runs today and all ended in failure before 5 wins. I'm set for ToO until next Friday. Hopefully the helmet being sold brings in more terrible teams.

Add me if you guys are up for some trials next week, or if you want to go for some 3v3 practice before then. I'm on GMT but we might be able to work something out. I went 9-1 on the first week (would have been flawless but got a disconnect on one match) but have been getting mostly losses since then. This news of the best players leaving as the weekend finishes gives me hope.

GT - Lee182jib

nOoblet16

Exactly. The launch exotics seem really too good compared to DLC and I feel like that kills variety. That there isn't a new Praxic Fire or Saints 14 makes me think Bungie didn't balance the launch exotics too well perk-wise. An exotic wipe would give them a second chance at setting the base power levels for everything and hopefully allow for a larger pool of viable exotic armor.

Purifier Robes :p

Zocano

I honestly don't know what they plan to do with the exotics. I wouldn't mind a "leave behind all the old gear" style paradigm shift into new kinds of gear but I feel people will complain to much about losing old guns (just look at their fatebringer pandering and stuff).

I honestly don't know what they plan to do with the exotics. I wouldn't mind a "leave behind all the old gear" style paradigm shift into new kinds of gear but I feel people will complain to much about losing old guns (just look at their fatebringer pandering and stuff).

bungie's afraid to make anything good. most of the new stuff has been worse than the old stuff.

old gear will always be relevant in PvP though unless damage scaling changes.

Jinjo

With a game starved for unique loot I don't see them ever wiping old exotics. Especially because they made such a point about being able to upgrade them and bring them along for your Destiny career. They just need to make the new exotics as good as the old ones. Which is what they started to get with HoW as some of the new exotic armor/weapons actually are exotics performance-wise.

Sure you have the Gjallarhorn & Thorn for PvE & PvP, there will always be a best-in-class exotic for those game modes (it used to be Suros for instance in PvP before its fall from grace), but there are more good alternatives now. They just need a slight rebalance on some exotics, like a slight AR buff to bring back those exotics as viable for PvP (like what they did with pulse rifles & PvE shotguns). Buff FR a bit to counter those pesky shotgun abusers. And bringing a Gjallorhorn-like heavy legendary (doesn't have to be a RL) will make people use other exotics in high-end PvE more frequently too (like Black Hammer did for Icebreaker). But really, if someone is not switching up from their Gjallarhorn that is their own 'fault' . Just as much as the close-minded Gjallarhorn-only LFG posts.

Yep :(

If you bought all 4 pieces so far, which some unfortunate casuals will have, they will be double the strength cap.
Yeah I think that's the point. Easy to get 34, but worst stats possible. Perks that will help (a lot?) in POE getting 34 done to upgrade to some armor/weapons with real stats

Zoidberg

Makes sense to be honest. I kind of like it in a twisted way. It let's everyone finally get to 34 but in the shittiest way possible. You still have to put in work for a decent build.

It's just such a shitty thing to do, considering the quality of Poe in general. Oh well, I got my 2 34s with balanced stat's thanks to IB. I guess I'll roll judgement chances this week, I got strength boots last week from one :|

Top Bottom