• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

ocean

Banned
RL aren't affected by WoL for the same reason they don't have any crit hits...they do a lot of damage in a large area.
Fusion Rifles don't have crit multipliers and they're affected by Weapons of Light. Moreover, non-crits are equally buffed by WoL, not sure what relation you seem to be suggesting there.

Anyways, go for Blessing on Skolas folks. Gjallarhorn can't be further buffed :p

Bladelaw

Good Morning DestinyGaf,

I havnt played Destiny in about 3 weeks or so. Decided to give Witcher 3 a try. I loved it. I was yearning for a single player game and it did not dissapoint. finally finished it yesterday. During this time I started to feel my addiction to Destiny slowly waining. started to unsubscribe from Destiny channels on Youtube and stopped checking this forum regularly. I felt I finally broke the addiction.
This morning I started to rummage around my PS4 games to find something to play. I came across destiny and said to myself. "well it wouldnt hurt to see what the NF is this week". So I logged in. checked some stuff out. Noticed then next expansion was anounced "sort of".
And that was it. Got a group for POE and Im back in business. I kind of hate myself for doing it. Becuase now Im sitting at work and just want to go home and play.
So I just wanted to say that I hate Destiny for being fun and I hate all of you for being such a fucking awesome community! Forever pulling me back into the ether.

I love you DestinyGaf!

Robdraggoo
Welcome to Hotel Destiny. I too am recently relapsed.

what are some things that the big chest can even drop? All I ever get are queens weopons and some tokens ect.. I know exotics drop from but anything else of note.

ive only done 32 at this point. does the rewards get better the higher you go up? what kind of things can drop?

Rhaegar

The lightning grenade is both the best and worst grenade I've ever seen in a video game. Sometimes it hits from ungodly ranges/angles and sometimes I'll throw it directly at someone's feet and have it do zero damage.

I played Trials against a team with 2 strikers both running Armamentarium with lightning grenades. At least for the 5 minutes it took them to wipe the floor with us, I can assure you it was the former. :-/

Trakan

When are we going to get this Titan armor? I've wanted it since before the game came out.

attachment.php

ocean

Banned
The lightning grenade is both the best and worst grenade I've ever seen in a video game. Sometimes it hits from ungodly ranges/angles and sometimes I'll throw it directly at someone's feet and have it do zero damage.
Feet is your problem sir. You want it on walls. If it's on the floor, it'll cover a large vertical space in the room - useless. On a wall, it'll cut transversely and basically create a death cordon. When rushing towards a player, throwing the grenade at the wall behind them works wonders. By the time they foghave re out where it is they're usually dead. Other spots like B on Anomaly are beautiful when you chuck it at the roof and just rain death on them.

Notice how in every one of these videos that I DO NOT throw the grenades at the ground. They are all on walls.

So I've been playing my hunter.

Went from 26 > 29 so far. Using Gunslinger and TLW.

Not unlocked anything yet with it in regards to stability (it needs it) but I'm having a blast with this gun. Before I was trying to manually fire it but just holding the trigger is working much better for me.

Sullichin

Soloed the nightfall last night (I really like the small arms modifier!) and the game finally decides to give me Heart of Praxic Fire. FUCK. It would have been nice a few months ago. Now it's just another shard. Just want a Gjallarhorn etc etc

Anyway, I barely did any of the activities last week except bringing one character to IB level 5. If you sent me an invite, I'm sorry I ignored you. My friend was over this weekend and I was just casually playing / handing off the controller. Couldn't commit to playing "seriously".

I've only done this nightfall once so I'm not confident I'll be able to solo it. I'll be looking for people to play with after work

Trakan

Notice how in every one of these videos that I DO NOT throw the grenades at the ground. They are all on walls.

I admittedly don't play a lot of pvp on the titan, but it seems like there's plenty of situations where throwing it on a wall isn't really an option. I'll keep it in mind though.

ich00

Dismantled my extra Black Hammers and Fatebringers to make room. Feels bad. :\

I just did this too, I waited as long as I could. Between Tower Ghost/Loadouts and the lack of more vault space, I couldn't justify keeping them anymore.

Should hopefully have enough points on my first cipher to pick one tonight. My head says Lord of Wolves. My heart says Queenbreakers Bow.

Go with the bow, it's super fun!

PuMa

I admittedly don't play a lot of pvp on the titan, but it seems like there's plenty of situations where throwing it on a wall isn't really an option. I'll keep it in mind though.

There are plenty of choke points once you start to look for them.

Jabronium

After grinding all my characters to Iron Banner rank 5 over the weekend, I definitely need a few days off...but seeing how easy the NF and PoE are will assuredly drag me back over the weekend.

Gammacide

So this goes out to anyone looking for any raid weapons that they've never gotten and really really want. I, for instance, would love to get Fatebringer, Mythoclast, and Vision of Confluence. Does anyone here not have these too (or already have them) and want to commit to doing some raids until we get what we want or stop having fun trying? My problem is I have only done the raids a few times, so I have Atheon's Epilogue which fairly blows. I got Swordbreaker and Hunger of Crota from the new raid, but would much rather have the old raid weapons frankly as they seem more useful moving forward, except maybe Black Hammer. :) Thoughts?

Only thing worse than being stuck at work on reset day...having the day off from work but being stuck at jury duty instead.

Edit: GAF, save some NF runs for me. Also, my 3x 365 Gjally's are itching to do work on Skolas.

So this goes out to anyone looking for any raid weapons that they've never gotten and really really want. I, for instance, would love to get Fatebringer, Mythoclast, and Vision of Confluence. Does anyone here not have these too (or already have them) and want to commit to doing some raids until we get what we want or stop having fun trying? My problem is I have only done the raids a few times, so I have Atheon's Epilogue which fairly blows. I got Swordbreaker and Hunger of Crota from the new raid, but would much rather have the old raid weapons frankly as they seem more useful moving forward, except maybe Black Hammer. :) Thoughts?

My friend and I haven't done any raids so far but want to do VoG, I want to get Fatebringer for my Hunter...we can have guides readily available so we're not total fish out of water but basically I don't have a mic atm and I don't think he does...we could team up to fill part of a group i suppose?

Edit: We're not scraping by 26 or whatever VoG normal is. He's 32, I'm 33.

Good Morning DestinyGaf,

I havnt played Destiny in about 3 weeks or so. Decided to give Witcher 3 a try. I loved it. I was yearning for a single player game and it did not dissapoint. finally finished it yesterday. During this time I started to feel my addiction to Destiny slowly waining. started to unsubscribe from Destiny channels on Youtube and stopped checking this forum regularly. I felt I finally broke the addiction.
This morning I started to rummage around my PS4 games to find something to play. I came across destiny and said to myself. "well it wouldnt hurt to see what the NF is this week". So I logged in. checked some stuff out. Noticed then next expansion was anounced "sort of".
And that was it. Got a group for POE and Im back in business. I kind of hate myself for doing it. Becuase now Im sitting at work and just want to go home and play.
So I just wanted to say that I hate Destiny for being fun and I hate all of you for being such a fucking awesome community! Forever pulling me back into the ether.

I love you DestinyGaf!

Robdraggoo

I know the feeling... I once thought I had escaped its grip. But here I am.

And Witcher 3 is awesome, really the break one needs from Destiny. Taking my time with it, splitting my time between it and Destiny.

Top Bottom