• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Deku Tree

For Noomi:
CHEd64OWoAA9Ntb.jpg:orig

CHEd7qoXEAAJPCL.jpg:orig
so the ToO HC is just better in all stats way?
Can you boost both range and stability in the PoE HC after leveling it up?

Testify!

It's what saves me in Crucible :p I can pop a grenade on a doorway or some wall that people will have to go through to get to the Control Point etc and if it doesn't kill them outright it usually takes them down to next to nothing, making for easy kills. A lot of post-mortem stuff too :p

Yup yup, had an instance in ToO this weekend where the other team got some revives inside the Church and I was staring down a 1v3 situation. Stuck a lightening grenade on a pillar behind them and TLW took care of the rest.

LiK

You got a cipher to drop from killing a 34 boss or skolas (but it probably didn't pop on your screen since your inventory was full). That's why variks thinks you have the bounty to turn in to him. Since they don't go to the postmaster, there's nowhere for you to pick this bounty up to give to him to begin the next phase.

I believe the next time you get a cipher to drop, you'll get 2 (happened to me yesterday), but you have to get another to drop before you get the one you just missed. Just make absolutely sure you have at least 2 bounty spots open on your 34/35 poe runs from now on.

Great, I did 35 yesterday and none dropped. I'll try 34/35 today and hope I get them. What a stupid bug. Postmaster exists for a reason, Bungie.

Thanks for the info. Apparently no one else here knows about it.

E92 M3

You do not know what you are missing, i started playing last wednesday when i got sick, and have no words. Without a doubt the best game i have played in a good view years, basically this is gonna be my benchmark in which i am gonna measure games from now on. For the size of the team and the budget, cdproject has created a masterpiece. There are some bugs and glitches , but the size of the world, attention to detail, enormous amount of content just squash those negatives. Best of all you are going to play it on pc, so jealous, think i am gonna start saving for one.

Damn, I need to start that.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Hey Fam what's the ideal perk roll for Low Grade Humility? I got one yesterday after crushing several cause I'm dumb and didn't think it was anything special.

* I had no clue the Similars Wrath had been updated!!! I crushed one I got last week cause I thiouht it was the same pee shooter I already had. So dumb is Truelize

* where are these elemental Fallen weapons dropping? PoE 35?

c1rcae

Hey Fam what's the ideal perk roll for Low Grade Humility? I got one yesterday after crushing several cause I'm dumb and didn't think it was anything special.

* I had no clue the Similars Wrath had been updated!!! I crushed one I got last week cause I thiouht it was the same pee shooter I already had. So dumb is Truelize

* where are these elemental Fallen weapons dropping? PoE 35?

Hidden Hand, Unflinching, Shortgaze/Ambush.

RemiLP

The point is that they SHOULD be on walls. Throwing a lightning grenade at the floor is wasting roughly 80% of it's damage area.

Thats what I ment, sorry.

So the damage area goes mainly straight out of it?

I only have a titan, pisses me off that iv been using it wrong the whole time lol.

Thanks for the tip ;)

Sullichin

Can I be happy with Short Gaze & Ambush, Outlaw, Unflinching and Hand Laid Stock?

That's hella solid right?

Injection mold is a bit better, and outlaw isn't that useful in PVP. But the first perk isn't as useful as Unflinching anyway. Shortgaze/Unflinching is what really matters.

I was a fan of ambush until recently when shortgaze became the new hotness due to people talking about aim assist. It really is a lot better.

I have clown cartridge / shortgaze / injection mold/ unflinching. Hidden hand is better probably but the aim assist is already great, and I'm a big fan of Clown Cartridge. With the new PVP special ammo economy, it's actually pretty useful

Homeboyd

Great, I did 35 yesterday and none dropped. I'll try 34/35 today and hope I get them. What a stupid bug. Postmaster exists for a reason, Bungie.

Thanks for the info. Apparently no one else here knows about it.
Yeah there seems to be a lot of unknowns about it right now. The patch was supposed to fix this issue, which it partly did (you got the bounty even with a full inventory), but now you can't proceed. Before the patch, you would've never known you got the bounty and variks wouldn't have the option for you to pick a gun at all (even though you still can't select one now). They need to patch the patch!

ich00

Gah, I just realized that I left 5 completed IB bounties on my warlock. Good thing I don't have any weapons that I need to rank up. Although now I'll probably get a sorts of drops....

Deku Tree

I have never seen so much misinformation with Destiny, as I have with this Cipher. So much bad info is out there that it's hard to know what is official and what is just word of mouth with a terrible source.

I'm a good example that it's clearly not fixed.

Patch notes from the last hotfix:

"Fixed a bug in which the ‘Elder Cipher’ Bounty could not be acquired if your Bounty inventory was full"

LiK

Patch notes from the last hotfix:

"Fixed a bug in which the ‘Elder Cipher’ Bounty could not be acquired if your Bounty inventory was full"

Yea, bullshit. i was wondering why Variks kept offering me those bounties but I can't pick them up.

Thats what I ment, sorry.

So the damage area goes mainly straight out of it?

I only have a titan, pisses me off that iv been using it wrong the whole time lol.

Thanks for the tip ;)

This whole conversation started here: I suggest you watch a few of these:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=167016768&postcount=13667

So I made a couple of quick videos showing off how awesome the Lightning Grenade is again.

All videos are less than 30 seconds long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vPSaNoOjBk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfN52GqzaFw

Here are the two originals from before (if you hadn't seen them):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JV-Vi0Tgp8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBHcpJxB-WU

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Injection mold is a bit better, and outlaw isn't that useful in PVP. But the first perk isn't as useful as Unflinching anyway. Shortgaze/Unflinching is what really matters.

I was a fan of ambush until recently when shortgaze became the new hotness due to people talking about aim assist. It really is a lot better.

I have clown cartridge / shortgaze / injection mold/ unflinching. Hidden hand is better probably but the aim assist is already great, and I'm a big fan of Clown Cartridge. With the new PVP special ammo economy, it's actually pretty useful

Dang I want Hiden Hand but it took me over 20 motes to get this roll. I can see how shortgaze and hidden hand would go great together.
I don't think this will be my PvP sniper though. I have a Supremacy with Shortgaze, unflinching, Send It and Firefly on it and its beastly. I consistently get secondary kills with the Firefly perk when players group up trying to capture a point. If it's not a kill it puts them in "one shot" state and its easy cleanup.

I love rerolling the guns. Probably my favorite new addition.

Top Bottom