• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Right, but that's only about the initial acquisition. Not about the other bugs throughout the quest other people have been reporting.
Yeah this happened to me, they need to patch this so I can get my bounty done. Not exactly sure what they have against using the mission slots.

Guess I'll need to run skolas again and hope he goes down fairly quickly. Then hope a cipher drops, although lately that seems pretty common for it to drop.

lt519

Six Dreg Pride versus it's respective elemental handcannon primaries (I have Hand Loaded picked but haven't made it to Shank damage yet)

vs Fatebringer, WoC, and VoC (just for fun since it's the other Solar primary) respectively:

OcQTe07.png
UZfWJJo.png
AzpEQUg.png

The perks aren't as good but as a base hand-cannon and the only solar hand cannon available from PvE it's pretty damn useful. Army of One has been surprisingly awesome.

Sullichin

Dang I want Hiden Hand but it took me over 20 motes to get this roll. I can see how shortgaze and hidden hand would go great together.
I don't think this will be my PvP sniper though. I have a Supremacy with Shortgaze, unflinching, Send It and Firefly on it and its beastly. I consistently get secondary kills with the Firefly perk when players group up trying to capture a point. If it's not a kill it puts them in "one shot" state and its easy cleanup.

I love rerolling the guns. Probably my favorite new addition.

Definitely my favorite new thing besides Trials. But setting aside the time for Trials every week is exhausting so I didn't even bother last week.

I'm really sick of every mission in the game and not the biggest fan of PoE. So most of my playtime now is just casual Crucible and rerolling weapons as soon as I get motes.

Trakan

LkPr

Her Benevolence has higher base aim assist than previously reported, plus with it being re-rollable it makes it a Tier 1 sniper, probably the best in the game with Shortgaze/LongView slr10, hidden hand, quickdraw/snapshot/injection mold, and unflinching.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/37fqub/snipers_reforging/?limit=500

man I just got this last night with Outlaw, Quickdraw/Injection Mold, Unflinching.

2/3 tier 1 PVP perks so I don't really wanna re-roll :s is this wep that bad without hidden hand?

Can someone give a me a breakdown of the locations of this weeks queens bounties. I never much paid attention to locations of these places

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is IB not going on for another couple of hours?
I don't know. I'm at work now. I guess I could try remote play during lunch.
What was your strat for Skolas?
We ran left, smoked the left Servitor, sniped the crap out of Skolas to (hopefully) break the bonds before needing the second Servitor. Then we ran around handling the buff and putting small bits of damage on him, We got past the first mines only twice.

A real problem was how deeply inconsistent his behavior (and thus our attempts each run) became. Sometimes we took out barely a quarter of his health with him getting lucky teleports off and getting way too close to us, other times we burned him all the way down to the mine phase before the adds spawned. As a result of this, even though I'm sure we were making "progress" in total (improving), it felt a little more like any given attempt was a dice roll.
:( Dude. I feel bad that I wasn't online to help.
I appreciate it, don't feel bad. Really, problem is you can't just have someone jump in to help exactly. All three of us in the group needed the kill, and none of us actually wanted to leave or abandon the run. I pushed the absolute bounds of reasonableness for staying up with work the next day and I basically feel like battered death right now.
I was disco'd as my team killed him after tons of hours of struggle and haven't had the fortitude to try again for a week.
That's brutal. I was getting disconnected by my router throughout the night too...
I get why there isn't check pointing, but, man, I wish there was SOMETHING to keep your progress.
Yeah, I don't know exactly how to solve the problems I have with the encounter (odd as things usually come to me naturally in this vein). But as I told multiple groups there is a natural cadence to teamplay in the raid/raidlike encounters in Destiny that is bitchslapped by the tougher PoE bosses:
  1. Spend time making it to boss fight
  2. Wipe repeatedly against boss as the mechanics are learned and adapted to
  3. Equal or surpass the time spent getting to the boss with consecutive attempts on the boss
  4. Continue until a) success or b) the real-world time limits imposed on the group members
  5. If B, reconvene another night with additional preparation/restored energy and morale
This rhythm is very important because the later it gets the more mistakes are likely due simply to human fatigue, and there are documented benefits to simply reattempting to tackle a problem after a break (incubation). Because Destiny both lacks the "diffusion of responsibility" common to MMO raids with far larger groups (despite the difference in complexity), and also aims to be more accessibly casual in general, the aspects of raid design so far that facilitated this cadence were all overwhelmingly positive ones. The eventual success that concluded each experience with each prior encounter was incredibly satisfying- in my case, even with regard to the particularly reviled HM Crota encounter at level 32.

Prison of Elders spits on point 5 and smushes its face in the dirt and rubs it around mockingly. Not only are you unable to reconvene and simply attempt the boss again even if you have the exact same fireteam, instead having to re-run 4 full rounds of three waves, plus an additional (not particularly quick) boss... if too much real-world time elapses between attempts you are effectively locked out of the encounter altogether when reset hits. In other words, even if I am willing to rerun the full Arena from round 1, I can't even attempt the same encounter I tried last night for at least another two weeks because "Void Burn version" is gone. I'm a very tenacious personality and it's deeply unsatisfying to have just lost the chance to retry. Another point is that with a 3 person team the margin for error is that much smaller, so even a group that knows exactly what it's doing has less leeway than in the raid bosses despite the lack of convenient replayability.

I should note i'm saying this all from the perspective of someone who doesn't care too much about the rewards, and I'm okay with the rewards/reward chances that are given for completion. If I were to add in the reward/"worth it" aspect things get remarkably worse. In either raid, reaching step 2 above means I've already had multiple guaranteed loot drops and reward chances which are actually in my pocket- even if I never beat the boss, I keep those rewards.The fact that the full quantity of guaranteed rewards and reward chances are all gated behind final completion is paired with the dead horse of no checkpoints whatsoever, which equals a real insult to injury scenario. It's pretty difficult to process that you can spend more than a dozen hours on this content with no reward doled out at all, not even XP or glimmer.

The saddest part of this is that I actually rather like PoE 35 overall. Each of the preceding rounds is challenging and fun enough, some of them actually fairly interesting loadout puzzles (Round 1 excepted as it's a bit of a freebie). In contrast to some opinions I've seen I certainly don't think a Burn is inherently unfair as an Arena modifier and can almost always be spun advantageously. In these 5 rounds, I found the steady-paced-improvement-with repeat-attempts that I love, and though each required some trial and error, I came out the other side feeling extremely confident about tackling them effectively using a consistent strategy- exactly the way I don't feel confident about all the time I've spent with Skolas.

At this point with the Burn rollover, against all my instincts I'm feeling pretty compelled to just get in there this week and blast his face off in a hellstorm of Gjallarhorns. I mean I still don't even have my first kill. It's a bit of a shame.

GRIP

I'll also abstain from suggested itineraries, so when you respond to confirm your availability (or otherwise), please include what content you'd like to do tonight.

I'd actually like to run PoE 32 and maybe 34 if anyone else is interested. I've been ignoring my Warlock pretty much since HoW came out and I'd like to get him to 33. Also wouldn't mind some more E light (was able to get 5 from IB).

So yeah, I'd like to at least do PoE 32 and after that I'm down for whatever.

Trakan

The saddest part of this is that I actually rather like PoE 35 overall. Each of the preceding rounds is challenging and fun enough, some of them actually fairly interesting loadout puzzles (Round 1 excepted as it's a bit of a freebie). In contrast to some opinions I've seen I certainly don't think a Burn is inherently unfair as an Arena modifier and can almost always be spun advantageously. In these 5 rounds, I found the steady-paced-improvement-with repeat-attempts that I love, and though each required some trial and error, I came out the other side feeling extremely confident about tackling them effectively using a consistent strategy- exactly the way I don't feel confident about all the time I've spent with Skolas.

Round 3(?) I think it is, with the Fallen and all the yellow health captains/vandals/servitors is the worst PVE experience I've had in Destiny. It's boring and not fun in the slightest.

Rubenov

man I just got this last night with Outlaw, Quickdraw/Injection Mold, Unflinching.

2/3 tier 1 PVP perks so I don't really wanna re-roll :s is this wep that bad without hidden hand?

I would keep it unless you have spares; gun has crazy aim assist as it is and injection mold + unflinching is a good combo and hard to get.

Edit: What scopes did you get? That's the important question here.

nowai

So is "the messenger" from Trials of Osiris. See below:
https://youtu.be/hFQu5mCKUlg?t=203

The Messenger is in the Red Death archetype. Same with Three Little Words and Spare Change. They are all two shot head shots.

The Vanguard Allfate is virtually identical stat wise to the Stranger's Rifle, which he showed affection for.

I love the Messenger class pulse, but the slower fire rate can be hard for some people to adjust to if they are used to the lower impact, faster firing pulse rifles.

SkylineRKR

weapon parts buying needs to be a thing. Its easy enough to gain motes, planet mats et al. Sapphire wire etc isn't needed for rerolling so that will only pile up. I'd say its unbalanced unless you can trade SW or marks for weapon parts.

They got a lot of things right, but no weapon parts seems to be an oversight imo. There are so many weapon drops and new weapons.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You giving it another go tonight, Hawk?
Well, the point I was trying to make is that I can't. The fight I was attempting last night is gone for a reset or two at least.

I might be down to try and burn him in one shot tonight with Gjallarhorn though.
Round 3(?) I think it is, with the Fallen and all the yellow health captains/vandals/servitors is the worst PVE experience I've had in Destiny. It's boring and not fun in the slightest.
Disagree. 4th Horseman and some Saint-IV bubbles made that round a blast for me. The objective target didn't even get 6 feet out. Loved it. Went quickly and there are tons of loadouts that can be effective for it especially keeping in mind the Vex and UR. Different strokes. Maybe you mean round 4 which is the boss fight with Small Arms which has far fewer yellows but my group last night had a much more tedious run of. Still didn't mind it that much overall though the boss was a sponge.

cilonen

JayHayabusa (jayforone) and I are going to tackle the Weekly and the Nightfall in an hour from now. If anyone is interested hit me (cilonen) or jayforone up.

PuMa

Well, the point I was trying to make is that I can't. The fight I was attempting last night is gone for a reset or two at least.

I might be down to try and burn him in one shot tonight with Gjallarhorn though.

Oh, I see. That sucks man, sorry.

Welp, shoot me an invite if you want to give it a fresh go tonight. I'll be down for a Gjall/BH burn run.

blackjaw

At this point with the Burn rollover, against all my instincts I'm feeling pretty compelled to just get in there this week and blast his face off in a hellstorm of Gjallarhorns. I mean I still don't even have my first kill. It's a bit of a shame.

I agree completely.

I've tried Skolas every week and haven't gotten him down yet. My two RL friends that I play with every reset are just as frustrated as you and I are. My RL friends don't have Ghorns and have blown all their e-light every week ascending whatever the flavor of the week sniper and rocket/machine gun was....needless to say they are really bummed.

I have a Ghorn now and would be down to just cheese it and give him the three horn salute him with GAF.

I just want Skolas dead so I don't have to do him again....its gotten to that point.

nowai

Wish we could buy weapon parts. I am down to 1000 and don't like it at all.

I never thought I'd have more motes than weapon parts. I started HoW with around 2500 and now I'm down to 84...I have a problem with gambling for the perfect roll.

weapon parts buying needs to be a thing. Its easy enough to gain motes, planet mats et al. Sapphire wire etc isn't needed for rerolling so that will only pile up. I'd say its unbalanced unless you can trade SW or marks for weapon parts.

They got a lot of things right, but no weapon parts seems to be an oversight imo. There are so many weapon drops and new weapons.

They probably felt weapon parts would be plentiful because there are so many more weapon drops. They underestimate how many players want to hoard all the weapons. :D

The Messenger is in the Red Death archetype. Same with Three Little Words and Spare Change. They are all two shot head shots.

The Vanguard Allfate is virtually identical stat wise to the Stranger's Rifle, which he showed affection for.

I love the Messenger class pulse, but the slower fire rate can be hard for some people to adjust to if they are used to the lower impact, faster firing pulse rifles.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to confuse anyone. I admit it's been a long time since I've used my Stranger's Rifle.

I just remember when I got my messenger I thought to myself. Oh, this feels like what I used way back in the day.

Obviously memory is a far cry from literal stat comparison.

nOoblet16

Did you really need to teabag the bladedancer?

Yea I don't understand when people do this, that rockie guy was just going about his game, not like he teabagged others or anything and not to mention that guy got Kor for majority of the encounters and yet he teabags him....why? lol

SkylineRKR

TDB maps are bullshit. I never realized how much I hated Pantheon and Cauldron but this IB and ToO sealed it.

I did get Mark of the Unbroken on Cauldron though, dat heavy weapon camp.

They probably felt weapon parts would be plentiful because there are so many more weapon drops. They underestimate how many players want to hoard all the weapons. :D

Legendaries only give like 4 a piece, which is 1 roll.

Someone talk me out of dismantling my only Suros Regime. I hate it so much and I need a shard.

They will rebuff AR.

Someday.

Top Bottom