• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

i love this app. it's very efficient and convenient and works like a charm. as others mentioned, the only issue is the long start up time (making it not so ideal in the middle of battle) and it sometimes disconnects, so you have to reboot it or wait longer for it to resync. but as far as transferring items between the vault and 3 characters, it's way ahead of Bungie's own app.

Anyone have a recommendation for an android app?

phen0m24

Must be nice, but I think I'll stick with Fire. At least I can take my ps4 to the station.
And your avatar is the Burninator

Something wrong with this picture

Next thing you'll tell me you install lightning rods all the while you're tossing lightning grenades

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm thinking for Skolas we should have one person use all their rockets + synth rockets while the other two focus on Black Hammer headshots, then the next person switches to their rockets and the first one goes to Black Hammer, then the third etc

So that there are two snipers on him at all times?

Mindlog

Hosting Gorgons Hard CP for the next 30 minutes or more depending on traffic. On remote play, so no mic. But I'll hear you spawn in and if I'm idle, give me a minute and I'll wipe.
Phoning home to grab it.
As always thank you and will be paying it forward.

stb

I'm thinking for Skolas we should have one person use all their rockets + synth rockets while the other two focus on Black Hammer headshots, then the next person switches to their rockets and the first one goes to Black Hammer, then the third etc

Do rockets make him get jiggy like they do Atheon? It's really frigging annoying to try to crit Atheon while he's juking to avoid rockets and grenades.

When I did it during the solar burn week everyone sniped, popped special synths in the bubble, and used gjallerhorn to clear adds in an emergency. Never stop sniping, so skolas cant teleport to you.

LTWood12

All Rockets Hawk. All Rockets.

LTWood12

it's magenta/orchid. hot pink would probably be worse.

latest

Magenta can't get no respect.

You should work in insurance! Lawyers for both sides seem super quick to cut anyone who is in the insurance industry!

true, and if it is ever pointed out that the defense lawyers work for the insurance company the case can be thrown out or something like that. I recenlty got my P&C liscence and I seem to remember something about that.

GhaleonEB

I'm at work today with exactly 3 hours of sleep thanks to my failed 4 hour run last night. I was sorely tempted to call in sick to work today and just kept going, but my grown-ass man sensibilities got the better of me.

We had a lot of the same problems, one of which was Skolas standing right next to a mine we had to disable with no Hunter in our group. I really hope you don't have to experience the heartbreak of what we went through: killing Skolas but failing to get the rest of the mines because we didn't know any better that it was the REAL final boss.

Part of me never wants to attempt this again, and part of me wants to kill him just so I can get this time sink of a monkey off my back.

Do what I'm planning to do: wait for the nerf.

Should I ascend Praedyth's Revenge or Black Hammer? I'm primarily a PvE guy, but I want to have a decent sniper for Crucible. Does 331 vs 365 make a big difference for Black Hammer?

Ikkarus

We did 2 Gjallarhorns and me with the Black Hammer. He went down about halfway through the first mine.

I do think that the rockets push Skolas back more from you than the sniper however.

This was our last Skolas Void Kill. Obvious critique aside (we would have burned him down had I hit all of my headshots) I believe it does a great job showing off why Skolas is probably my favorite PvE encounter. Every class and super is very helpful. Every death is anticipated and dealt with before it happens. Map movement is planned with safety and accounting for the random variables. Mid-map Super tweaks and armor switching. The final Devouring Essence is transferred with two seconds left. I really like the encounter :]
Wow, that almost physically hurts me to see it done so quickly. Is 2 Hunters the norm for your team? We had 2 Titans and a Warlock at the end when we actually killed him, but as I bitched about before the mines kept going and we didn't get to them quickly enough. That center mine is devastating if you're not a Hunter or have a Titan bubble ready.

Mindlog

Should I ascend Praedyth's Revenge or Black Hammer? I'm primarily a PvE guy, but I want to have a decent sniper for Crucible. Does 331 vs 365 make a big difference for Black Hammer?
I've upgraded both. Black Hammer is the one you want to do first. Great in PvE and very solid in PvP.
So Her Benevolence might be better than Low Grade Humility for PVP?

Which should I prioritize with my rerolling?
I rolled a neear perfect LGH, but will be trying again with Benevolence. LGH doesn't have enough impact for my liking.
Hosting Gorgons Hard CP for the next 30 minutes or more depending on traffic. On remote play, so no mic. But I'll hear you spawn in and if I'm idle, give me a minute and I'll wipe.
Speaking of I just hopped into my own instance to start sharing.
First pull: Gjallarhorn
Second pull: The Last Word

Thanks for the CP.

M3Rocket

Anyone have a recommendation for an android app?

Tower Ghost for Destiny works across multiple platforms (Chrome, Firefox, Android, iOS and Windows Phone). It also has loadouts, but are cloud saved and shared (except for FF). Tower Ghost has a lot more features.

The Bungie API only allows one call per second. When swapping weapons, it takes two calls at the minimum. One to move to vault and then from vault to Guardian. If you have a lot of weapons to move, it will take a bit, but still quicker than using Bungie's web site or app.

ocean

Banned
what are the skolas drops. what stuff do you get from 35 poe?
PoE drops a guaranteed Armor Core, a Weapon Core and an Etheric Light. Skolas has a (low) chance of also dropping an elemental primary PoE weapon and a (good) chance of dropping the Exotic bounty quest.

Don't mean for this to come off the wrong way, but after failing an encounter for more than an hour, i'd be inclined to realize that something is being done wrong. 4 hours is insane.

There's only so much trial and error you can go through before you discover that there's an inherent problem with the approach. My Skolas attempt on Arc burn was unsuccessful for around 45 minutes until I started using a rare Arc sniper. It wasn't anything close to 365, but that alone gave us the extra stun and DPS we needed to defeat him.

On Void burn, i hardly used stealth for Hunter. Once the bonds were broken and Skolas was weak enough, we'd run to the mines as a team. This is of course dependent on Skolas not putting his feet up on the one mine, but I can't imagine that he'd be there enough for the run to be unsuccessful for that long.

What was the main issue with the run? Stealth is certainly helpful for the mine part, but on Void burn I don't think it's a necessity.

hydruxo

what are the skolas drops. what stuff do you get from 35 poe?

1 armor core, 1 weapon core, 1 etheric light + house of judgment rep

First time you do level 35 on a character and open the big chest you get a unique shader, emblem and ship

Anything else you get from the big chest is just RNG (queens weapons, exotics, etc.)

Elder Cipher exotic bounty can drop immediately after killing Skolas, as well as elemental primaries.

lt519

Wow, that almost physically hurts me to see it done so quickly. Is 2 Hunters the norm for your team? We had 2 Titans and a Warlock at the end when we actually killed him, but as I bitched about before the mines kept going and we didn't get to them quickly enough. That center mine is devastating if you're not a Hunter or have a Titan bubble ready.

Man, sorry your still having trouble with it. We've killed him before and died from some add splash damage before they de-spawned. It was pretty frustrating. Have your Warlock go for the middle mine and use his self resurrection if he goes down. We've run two titans and a warlock on the (edit) arc modifier before. I was the Warlock and had to do exactly that. It helped that we had a blessing of light shield from the second titan when the first weapons of light shield died. I dipped into it before I ran middle. You should all be moving together anyway on the Void burn modifier.

M3Rocket

That should keep him staggered. When we used Ghorn spam the first week, we just made sure we spread out so Skolas couldn't focus on any one of us. Titan put the bubble right at the door on the left where the Skanks come out of. Since we Ghorn spammed, we didn't need WoL. If you have two snipers, it's best everyone is at the WoL bubble, but if you don't stagger consistently, he will teleport right up to the group.

Top Bottom