• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

I am kicking myself now. I finally got around to leveling up my TLW that I got from Xur when he first sold it last year (also have 4 dupes) and wow! This gun is amazing in PvP. Why did I forsake you TLW. After a round or two to get familiar eith it, I had my best play session ever last night. I was getting kills I never got before, even with my Hawkmoon. I got my first ever 6K+ point round and was consistently getting over 2.0 K/D ratios. Iron Wrath bounty was a breeze.

I will alwas have a special place in my heart for Hawkmoon, and it is still a great gun in many situations, but I am switching to the new hotness. The Last Fucking Word.

I started using it again a lot since the first Trials week and yea, I feel lost without it now! But I'll always love the Hawkmoon.

I didn't use it that much before so it's weird since they kind of messed it up with the weapons balance patch.

Lol so what would be the PvP equivalents of those useless PoE perks?

September 2014 Burn: "This weapon does bonus damage to auto rifle users."

Pewpewpew Burn: "This weapon does bonus damage to sidearm users."

Bonus damage to Thorn users would be an interesting meta.

Or how about, armor that reduces the effect of Mark of the Devourer.

I think some reasonable ones would be "Precision Kills with this weapon have a chance to spawn orbs" or something like that.

I started using it again a lot since the first Trials week and yea, I feel lost without it now! But I'll always love the Hawkmoon.

I didn't use it that much before so it's weird since they kind of messed it up with the weapons balance patch.

Which perk are you using for the middle tree?

They need to have some PvE stuff where there aren't burns period, even no enemy shields so we can use non-burn primaries. At least I'd love to use them more often.

Now that this game has sucked me in, I realize not only am I the last person playing without a Gally (slight sarcasm) but I also do not have any primary weapons that do elemental damage.

Can these drop in the wild or do I have to start running raids?

Gotta run raids, Prison of Elders, or Trials of Osiris (if you are super good at PvP).

I'd highly recommend running Hard Mode Vault of Glass after getting a normal mode clear or two. It has pretty decent drop rates compared to Prison, a lower skill requirement compared to Trials, more fun experience imo than Crota raid, and the two best elemental primaries in the game (Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence). Vision can even drop from the normal mode final boss.

Gammacide

Gotta run raids, Prison of Elders, or Trials of Osiris (if you are super good at PvP).

I'd highly recommend running Hard Mode Vault of Glass after getting a normal mode clear or two. It has pretty decent drop rates compared to Prison, a lower skill requirement compared to Trials, more fun experience imo than Crota raid, and the two best elemental primaries in the game (Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence). Vision can even drop from the normal mode final boss.
Anyone doing a HM VoG now? Just did my nightfalls and want more RNGoodness. :)

I'm torn between perfect balance and single point sling for that middle tree.

I've been trying to practice hip fire lately for semi mid/closer range which has been helping me a lot more. Switching weapons faster would be nice if you like to run shotty as your secondary. I snipe most of the time in which case I'm usually in cover when I switch.

Dunlop

thanks!

I've been trying to practice hip fire lately for semi mid/closer range which has been helping me a lot more. Switching weapons faster would be nice if you like to run shotty as your secondary. I snipe most of the time in which case I'm usually in cover when I switch.

Yeah I have to try and force myself to hip fire, I am so used to ADS. I'm sure that split second of time to do it makes a difference between dying and living a lot. Gotta remember and I often don't.

Oh and after using Bumper Jumper exclusively this weekend without switching back to Default, I'm now fully converted!

Melee with R3 has been the toughest part of the transition especially with blade dancer. But after a few fails it got to my head. I'm in love with bumper Jumper again

Oh and after using Bumper Jumper exclusively this weekend without switching back to Default, I'm now fully converted!

Melee with R3 has been the toughest part of the transition especially with blade dancer. But after a few fails it got to my head. I'm in love with bumper Jumper again

I think I'm making the switch soon. I don't think I'm going to have an easy time with it.

EL CUCO

Made the switch last week. Never turning back

How do you do this? Is this one of the various control schemes in setting?

I thought one was like some wierd tank control method.

Stantron

I've got a Low Grade Humanity (crucible drop) sniper rifle.
Rerolled it to get:
shortgaze/ambush scopes
Triple tap - rapidly landing precision shots add a bullet to the mag. *grrr* Might be good for PvE.
snapshot - aim down sites faster (also high caliber rounds and injection mold).
unflinching - easier to aim under fire.

I think hidden hand is the most desirable perk to get. One off from being a very good roll.
I might keep this for a while to play around with it. I've got another LGH in the postmaster, but no space to take yet another weapon in my inventory yet.

EL CUCO

How do you do this? Is this one of the various control schemes in setting?

I thought one was like some wierd tank control method.
Jumper setting in the controller layouts.

Jumping with L1 keeps your right thumb on the stick full time. No more hitting X to jump and readjusting aim. Super is now activated with X. No more accidental grenades when popping it. Grenades move to R1.

Rubenov

So for those of you using jumper, do you blink? I'm one of those blinking dudes and I feel jumper would be more difficult to use.

Jury duty update, back from my lunch break...still just waiting. FML, Please just lemme go home already. Complete waste of a perfect day off.

nOoblet16

My flatmate just moved out (permanently or temporarily I don't know yet for sure but he's gone to Gaza for atleast 2 months), and the fact that this is summer time means almost everyone I know has left too. Meanwhile I am stuck here doing my project, sorting out my PhD (and also looking for jobs on side), while having no one to talk to...not even my GF.

Feel so lonely man :/
Worst part is, that all of this will stay like this for the next month or two.

Top Bottom