• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

M3Rocket

Etheric light opinions.

Praedyth's Revenge or Her Benevolence?

I need a good Void sniper. Does the lower impact tier for PR mean it's not useful for burning, say, Skolas during Void burns?

Eying that Field Scout perk and leaning PR.

Not lucky enough to have landed a HB, Spear or Void LDR, I rolled with a 365 PR on Skolas last week and it worked just fine. It is so easy to crit with it due to the RoF and stability. With the Spear, you not only need Void but also Field Scout since it is a 3-round sniper. Otherwise, a 365 PR with 24 rounds total works fine.

I would say if you're looking to take out bosses, HB is the better option. For general PvE sniping, I love the way PR handles better overall.

I must reiterate again that there were no negative connotations attached to my post. Sometimes shit just happens - my run last night on Crota for instance was taking unusually long.

I didn't know it was your first attempts at the encounter. That does put things into perspective somewhat and i can also add another experience of mine to support you. i've mentioned before how i once helped a team with do Hard Hatekeepers. They were all properly leveled and properly geared and had enough experience on Normal mode, but Hard mode just wasn't clicking. it was only after 90 minutes of unsuccessful attempts of "the right strategy" that i suggested an unorthodox method. it worked and we beat it in the first round.

That's the root of my previous post about 4 hours being insane. After a certain point, i personally would have suggested an entirely different approach. There are always going to be optimal and efficient strategies, but those don't always work for every group. it's one reason why i'm against Bungie's mentality of "doing encounters the right way". Even though you came close and believe you were able to beat it (and I don't doubt you were), sometimes things just need to be shaken up. Whether it's skill, chemistry, group composition, gear or simply fatigue holding a group back (or any combination of the above), there's always a way to tackle a challenge in spite of them.

Your team will certainly beat Skolas Void burn on your first few attempts next time now that you are familiar with the encounter. I'm just worried that attempts that long have the potential to send the wrong message about that fight.

LkPr

Re-posting because it's later in the day.

Looks like both teams are gonna be 1-2 men short.

Anyone from the alt list (or anyone else) around for PoE/Raiding tonight at ~8:30 or 9:30 Eastern?

I wouldn't be available tonight until around 10:30 PM EST...

macewank

Re-posting because it's later in the day.

Looks like both teams are gonna be 1-2 men short.

Anyone from the alt list (or anyone else) around for PoE/Raiding tonight at ~8:30 or 9:30 Eastern?

Sorry, just saw this. I updated the post.

I'm down for whatever/all if needed. Fatebringer and Mythoclast evade me, so I want VoG Hard 3x. POE 32/34 3x can be done as well. Probably only able to do 1 PoE 35 right now due to my alts being 33. Could even be conned into CE for a Crux.

edit: 8:30 or 9:30 est are both fine for me

stb

I wouldn't be available tonight until around 10:30 PM EST...

I'm down for whatever/all if needed. Fatebringer and Mythoclast evade me, so I want VoG Hard 3x. POE 32/34 3x can be done as well. Probably only able to do 1 PoE 35 right now due to my alts being 33. Could even be conned into CE for a Crux.

edit: 8:30 or 9:30 est are both fine for me

Thanks, guys. I added you both as alts under both teams, so they can easily find you.

I'll be around all weekend, but I don't think I'll have time during the weeknights to give it a go. I don't have a Gjallahorn but would rather try the sniping method anyway (failed to beat him two weeks ago on the original Solar burn, but have learned a ton since then). I'll probably give an ascended Black Hammer and Hunger of Crota first crack at it.
Cool deal, I'm in no real hurry. :)

Lnkn52

It feels like we played a lot together this past week in IB, so we might be sick of each other. Regardless, here's the weekly raid post.

I won't be able to play tonight for the first Tuesday in at least 3 months. =\ I'm pulling a "GRIP", though, not a "schwagger15". I should be back next week. In the interim, I'm promoting captscience to the leader party chat maker. I'll keep this post updated throughout the day, though, and try to post the final list around 5 Eastern.

I'll also abstain from suggested itineraries, so when you respond to confirm your availability (or otherwise), please include what content you'd like to do tonight.

Team 1 - 8:30 PM Eastern

Possible activities
- VoG full (captscience wants armor for his Hunter + Found Verdict)
- PoE 35 (Dave_6 hasn't done one yet)
- PoE 32/34 (GRIP wants to level his Warlock)

1) captscience (PSN captscience)
2) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
3) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
4) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
5) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??
6) captscience's bro ??
a) LkPr (PSN LkPr) - available after 10:30 Eastern
a) macewank (PSN macewank) - down for HM VoG, PoE 32/34, maybe PoE35, possibly HM CE

Team 2 - 9:30 PM Eastern

Possible activities
- "down for whatever", but hasn't raided since HoW dropped (ich00)
- NF x3 (Hung Wei Lo and LTWood12)
- PoE 32 (Hung Wei Lo and LTWood12)
- PoE 35 (LTWood12/T-44/kazeshini ?)

1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00)
2) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo)
3) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) - will be on around 8:30 Eastern for pre-gaming, possibly PoE 35
4) T-44 (PSN T-44) - will be on around 8:30 Eastern
5) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) - will be on around 9:00 Eastern
6) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
a) macewank (PSN macewank) - down for HM VoG, PoE 32/34, maybe PoE35, possibly HM CE

Alts
1) LkPr (PSN LkPr)
2) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
3) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
4) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??
5) Lnkn52 (PSN Lnkn52) ??
6) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) ??
7) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??

Unable to play tonight
x) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) - probably won't be around all week; maybe a bit on the weekend
x) StereoType (PSN Haybro_) - will be around later in the week for NF, PoE, etc.

I'm down for PoE 35 @ 9:00 PM

zewone

We all know they're doing this on purpose, lol. Strength is only really useful for the Gunslinger class.

We're not all as skilled with the throwing knife as yourself. :(

For most folks, Blinkstrike is the more consistent option.

But either way I try to run 0 STR gear.

Sorry for the lack of response when I posted about bumper Jumper. Got snagged into meeting after meeting and all day long I've been unable to do any work!

Jumper settings are in your control settings and it's one of the 6 options including default. I absolutely love it now. It still feels awkward melee'ing and very rarely I'll accidentally push R1 to melee and throw a nade but I also trained myself to jump by spamming L1 constantly when running around the tower even haha.

It feels like we played a lot together this past week in IB, so we might be sick of each other. Regardless, here's the weekly raid post.

I won't be able to play tonight for the first Tuesday in at least 3 months. = I'm pulling a "GRIP", though, not a "schwagger15". I should be back next week. In the interim, I'm promoting captscience to the leader party chat maker. I'll keep this post updated throughout the day, though, and try to post the final list around 5 Eastern.

I'll also abstain from suggested itineraries, so when you respond to confirm your availability (or otherwise), please include what content you'd like to do tonight.

Team 1 - 8:30 PM Eastern

Possible activities
- VoG full (captscience wants armor for his Hunter + Found Verdict)
- PoE 35 (Dave_6 hasn't done one yet)
- PoE 32/34 (GRIP wants to level his Warlock)

1) captscience (PSN captscience)
2) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
3) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
4) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
5) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??
6) captscience's bro ??

Team 2 - 9:30 PM Eastern

Possible activities
- "down for whatever", but hasn't raided since HoW dropped (ich00)
- NF x3 (Hung Wei Lo and LTWood12)
- PoE 32 (Hung Wei Lo and LTWood12)
- PoE 35 (LTWood12/T-44/kazeshini ?)

1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00)
2) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo)
3) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) - will be on around 8:30 Eastern for pre-gaming, possibly PoE 35
4) T-44 (PSN T-44) - will be on around 8:30 Eastern
5) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) - will be on around 9:00 Eastern
6) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
a) Lnkn52 (PSN Lnkn52) - strong preference for PoE35

Alts
1) LkPr (PSN LkPr)
2) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
3) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
4) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??
5) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) ??
6) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??

Unable to play tonight
x) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) - probably won't be around all week; maybe a bit on the weekend
x) StereoType (PSN Haybro_) - will be around later in the week for NF, PoE, etc.

I'm out as an alt this week. I'm out of town through the weekend. Good luck all.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hard Hatekeepers
hah!
Your team will certainly beat Skolas Void burn on your first few attempts next time now that you are familiar with the encounter. I'm just worried that attempts that long have the potential to send the wrong message about that fight.
Honestly this is what I meant to be calling attention mostly to- not anything mechanically having to do with the fight. I really do think I like it, and I'm not necessarily sure I'd change any aspect (we will be 35 one day, after all). But rather the fact that we can't just try again. Not only do we have to of course do the rest of the Arena again, which we've become very confident with, but we have to wait two more weeks to even get the chance. It's like the encounter is being coy.

Lima

Not too happy about full DIS for Titan Osiris helm. 99% of the time you need a legendary helmet you are using the Armamentarium anyway which is already full DIS. Eh.

I'm always so tempted to do judgement chance with the level 32 armor core but i keep getting burned

there should be a trade in system like 4-5 weapon cores for 1 armor core or something

nobody will ever need this many weapon cores

neoism

would someone plllllease help me with this last summoning pit thing for the thorne bounty holy shit WHYYYYYY are these damn 26 eniemes soooo hardd..... :(

please anyone help
psn ne0ism-

hah!

Honestly this is what I meant to be calling attention mostly to- not anything mechanically having to do with the fight. I really do think I like it, and I'm not necessarily sure I'd change any aspect (we will be 35 one day, after all). But rather the fact that we can't just try again. Not only do we have to of course do the rest of the Arena again, which we've become very confident with, but we have to wait two more weeks to even get the chance. It's like the encounter is being coy.

mobile sucks lol

but i agree. the fight should just be void burn all the time. Solar burn is too cheesy and arc burn is dumb as hell. who doesn't like being one shot by a dreg?

I don't know about 1 hour of failinh needs to change anything.

It took probably 4 hours (just skolas) for me to do it on my last run and we didn't change anything because we got close 5 times, between 1-5% hp less. A few came down to where the 2nd mine spawned and when it spawned, along with who got the poison, and where Skolas would teleport to. Then also how many critical shots we could get on him.

A couple times we all got mostly critical shots and he stayed far back and loss way more hp. 2 of us just had maxed out Praedyth's. We learned quickly that it helps a lot to clear the ads with corrective measure after we use all our sniper and that definitely helped.

Definitely some rng / luck involved but yea in a way, if one of us 2 PR users had a higher impact void sniper, it probably would have been done one of those 5 other attempts.

Sorry for the lack of response when I posted about bumper Jumper. Got snagged into meeting after meeting and all day long I've been unable to do any work!

Jumper settings are in your control settings and it's one of the 6 options including default. I absolutely love it now. It still feels awkward melee'ing and very rarely I'll accidentally push R1 to melee and throw a nade but I also trained myself to jump by spamming L1 constantly when running around the tower even haha.

I bit the bullet and made the switch today. After a quick patrol, hopped right in to a nightfall. Had to think about every jump and was super worried I'd pop my super, but I managed to do it. It's not second nature yet, but it hasn't been too bad. Melee/grenade is messing me up a bit, but so far I've only flub a super once and it was just in crucible.

Not too happy about full DIS for Titan Osiris helm. 99% of the time you need a legendary helmet you are using the Armamentarium anyway which is already full DIS. Eh.

My Arma is 178 DISC, if this helmet has 117 DISC that's 295, which is about 20 points over the max.

Not bad honestly.

If every other piece of gear I have was only INT or STR, then I'd be pretty well set.

Top Bottom