• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

M3Rocket

Dunno if I made a a mistake with my titan's perk setup to cause this, but I was getting two-shot by the vandal wire rifles during void burn. Arc burn is unimaginable to me.

Arc burn on Skolas was plain stupid hard due to easy deaths. Vandal snipers and stupid Skanks with their arc lasers. Killed Skolas first week, attempted for 1.5 hours on Arc burn and abandoned it. Void burn is my favorite. Took less than two hours even with stupid deaths in earlier round and wiping to mines a couple of times in the final round. It makes the fight somewhat fairer since we're under-leveled, but with the right rare void weapons, it evens things up.

I think the real issue is the inability to return to the fight without having to endure 5 of the earlier rounds all over again. All they really need is a punch card system ala ToO. Anyone with a Round 5 punched can continue from there or earlier. Really no need for checkpoints even.

Deku Tree

Got the Queen's Cipher from my first 32! Man, that GAF luck. Thanks Bonsoir & Definity!

Also, Destiny hates me:

I believe the queens cypher is a guaranteed drop if you have the bounty ready for it as long as you do a 32-34-35. I think people were confused because they were doing 28 which is impossible to get the queens cypher.

I'm 3 for 3 getting queens cyphers.

A_Gorilla

Banned
This week's NF:

-Hard Light

-Legendary Scout Rifle with crap stats.

-Coins.

Deadpan_Smiley.png

Is it me or does defense/armor do nothing in this game? Level 8 mobs do a ton of damage to me and I'm at max level.

Meh its a leveling system of the game itself, which is faulty IMO. You really dont gain that much benefits from being over level. Being under level results in taking ~30% more damage and performing ~30% less damage. Being the correct level or higher means the disadvantage is gone. Dont know if armor helps out that much in the end.

Lima

Agreed, I would assume its a very slim chance of soloing Skolas on Arc maybe Void burn.

Chances of soloing him with arc or void are none right now. Not with the weapons we have access to. Ghorn deals over twice the damage that a single Truth rocket does so even with heavy ammo glitching it's not possible with void.

Let's not even start with Arc. Even if you manage to stay alive somehow there is no Arc weapon that can match Ghorn's damage output so same deal as void burn.

So do you want to roll w/ me and T?
Sure, I can Gjallarorn him a lot, and I can Ascend a Black Hammer even though I don't have one maxed. :-/

would love to, but i think i may have to change plans - wife brought home a movie for us to watch.
she was gracious enough yesterday to let me try and get Skolas last night without giving me any static about it, and i should spend some time with her before she goes to bed. most likely, i won't be on until late. :(
edit: hawkian, after you down Skolas tonight, maybe we can get an experienced third to get this done?
i wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to though, we seem cursed.... :/

Chances of soloing him with arc or void are none right now. Not with the weapons we have access to. Ghorn deals over twice the damage that a single Truth rocket does so even with heavy ammo glitching it's not possible with void.

Let's not even start with Arc. Even if you manage to stay alive somehow there is no Arc weapon that can match Ghorn's damage output so same deal as void burn.

Nah I agree with you, just I tend never to say its impossible just because of personally reasons.

EL CUCO

After over 800hrs of play time God of War has only dropped once for me. The rarest of Rare shaders... Ahh yes, there's another one that I dont have. It's a classy metallic looking shiny baby blue. Not sure it's name

M3Rocket

A Dead Orbit package just gave me 2 Motes. Are you fucking kidding me?

Yeah--they really should fix this. I've also gotten 1 mote and 1 coin before. Should at least guarantee a faction item of some sort--even if it was just a Titan hanky.

I don't see why you couldn't solo it with void burn. It would just take a lot of patience. A bit of luck as well while you're dismantling. I think a titan could probably solo it.

Lima

I hope we get some new content using the summer.

Kinda glad we don't have anything this summer.

Destiny play time will slowly wind down. Finally time for some other games that I haven't played since September. Good times. Then once it hits September full on Destiny again. Things will be fresh.

Cannot outDPS more than 1 cycle of tainted light, I'd imagine.

This. You don't deal enough damage to kill him before the second tainted light kills you. You also can't kill adds fast enough with say Bad Juju to get your super back in time. Also forget that a Titan will ever be able to solo this unless he is 35 and has a 450 something Ghorn. Cheezelocks are needed.

Cannot outDPS more than 1 cycle of tainted light, I'd imagine.
Blargh...I forgot about that. He was dead before I really even had to worry about it, haha. Does it activate based on his health? If so then a warlock might be able to do it if you wait for your super to build up before you damage him too much.

Lima

Blargh...I forgot about that. He was dead before I really even had to worry about it, haha. Does it activate based on his health? If so then a warlock might be able to do it if you wait for your super to build up before you damage him too much.

He starts tainting a guardian once you break the servitor bonds so not possible.

Top Bottom