• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

milkham

Phaethon got that wizard poison gas

1558458_10153296445159927_229114706732848152_n.jpg

Deku Tree

It feels like we played a lot together this past week in IB, so we might be sick of each other. Regardless, here's the weekly raid post.

I won't be able to play tonight for the first Tuesday in at least 3 months. =\ I'm pulling a "GRIP", though, not a "schwagger15". I should be back next week. In the interim, I'm promoting captscience to the leader party chat maker. I'll keep this post updated throughout the day, though, and try to post the final list around 5 Eastern.

I'll also abstain from suggested itineraries, so when you respond to confirm your availability (or otherwise), please include what content you'd like to do tonight.

Team 1 - 8:30 PM Eastern

Possible activities
- VoG full (captscience wants armor for his Hunter + Found Verdict)
- PoE 35 (Dave_6 hasn't done one yet)
- PoE 32/34 (GRIP wants to level his Warlock)

1) captscience (PSN captscience)
2) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
3) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
4) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
5) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??
6) captscience's bro ??
a) LkPr (PSN LkPr) - available after 10:30 Eastern
a) macewank (PSN macewank) - down for HM VoG, PoE 32/34, maybe PoE35, possibly HM CE

Team 2 - 9:30 PM Eastern

Possible activities
- "down for whatever", but hasn't raided since HoW dropped (ich00)
- NF x3 (Hung Wei Lo and LTWood12)
- PoE 32 (Hung Wei Lo and LTWood12)
- PoE 35 (LTWood12/T-44/kazeshini ?)

1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00)
2) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo)
3) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) - will be on around 8:30 Eastern for pre-gaming, possibly PoE 35
4) T-44 (PSN T-44) - will be on around 8:30 Eastern
5) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) - will be on around 9:00 Eastern
6) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
a) macewank (PSN macewank) - down for HM VoG, PoE 32/34, maybe PoE35, possibly HM CE
a) Lnkn52 (PSN Lnkn52) - strong preference for PoE35
a) LkPr (PSN LkPr) - available after 10:30 Eastern

Alts
1) LkPr (PSN LkPr)
2) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
3) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
4) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??
5) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) ??

Unable to play tonight
x) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) - probably won't be around all week; maybe a bit on the weekend
x) StereoType (PSN Haybro_) - will be around later in the week for NF, PoE, etc.
x) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) - out through the weekend

I'll be looking to do

PoE 32-34-35 on my Hunter

and

PoE 34-35 on my Titan

I already finished my warlock.

I'll be on sometime between 8-9pm est.
Not sure about what groups I'll be playing with.

BTW when did I become an alt again?

I bit the bullet and made the switch today. After a quick patrol, hopped right in to a nightfall. Had to think about every jump and was super worried I'd pop my super, but I managed to do it. It's not second nature yet, but it hasn't been too bad. Melee/grenade is messing me up a bit, but so far I've only flub a super once and it was just in crucible.

Nice that's exactly where I started it too Hahaha. Totally used my bubble super in the middle of nowhere on accident a few times but the mistakes are what helps you get used to it. After a couple nightfalls and a few Crucible matches, then a whole weekend of ToO and IB, it's pretty much natural. It doesn't take too much time to have a better control scheme!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
mobile sucks lol

but i agree. the fight should just be void burn all the time. Solar burn is too cheesy and arc burn is dumb as hell. who doesn't like being one shot by a dreg?
Dunno if I made a a mistake with my titan's perk setup to cause this, but I was getting two-shot by the vandal wire rifles during void burn. Arc burn is unimaginable to me.

stb

I'll be looking to do

PoE 32-34-35 on my Hunter

and

PoE 34-35 on my Titan

I already finished my warlock.

I'll be on sometime between 8-9pm est.
Not sure about what groups I'll be playing with.

BTW when did I become an alt again?

Thanks. I added you under both groups in my main post so people can find you easily.

Re: alt or not: it's not fixed, or a "demotion". =)

For Team 2, I just grab the list of 6 from the previous week, then list everyone else as an alt. Last week it got really mixed up due to everyone doing IB. As people respond/confirm, I add them to Team 2.

The only exceptions are ich00 who offered to take over admin of Team 2 after people have confirmed, and LTWood12/T-44/schwagger15, who have slots 'reserved' until they confirm they can't play out of deference for the amount of times they've played with the teams.

If you can commit to playing every (the vast majority) of Tuesdays, I can give you a slot on Team 2 by default.

My only goal with these teams is to make sure the max amount of people know they have a team and what they're likely to be playing tonight.

Sorry just found this. I'm out for tonight - headed out to watch the NBA game. Thanks for organizing.

Oh, that's right. Thanks for the reminder.

I'll not wall-of-text again, but here's the "final" listing: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=167019019&postcount=13701

For Team 1, unless science's bro can't play, macewank and deku are your guys.

For Team 2, I think LTWood12, T-44, and hawkian are gonna beat their heads against Skolas, and there are a bunch of other people listed in numbered slots and alts, so you should be able to find a group.

Good luck, all!

Someone post summaries for me, please. I'll have to live vicariously through your exploits this week.

macewank

Does that warlock cheese on Crota's End still work at the second lamp where you jump the wall?

Should. Works for all 3 classes really, though Hunters have the least-easy time doing it (this is, of course, made up for by the fact that a Bladedancer can just run the gauntlet)

Lima

Should. Works for all 3 classes really, though Hunters have the least-easy time doing it (this is, of course, made up for by the fact that a Bladedancer can just run the gauntlet)

It's really easy with a Hunter with blink and Mida. If you don't have the Mida uh better just run the Abyss.

damn, skolas solo is impressive as all hell. I'd wanna try that at higher levels, looks way too painful at my skill level at 34.

Did a destinyLFG pug run of 32-34-35 on my warlock, 32 and 34 are pretty much a fun breezy run and cool to do. Skolas is still such a pain in the ass, but I do find the 3x black hammer to start and finish off with gallahorn a lot easier. We got him to around 30% with the first mine spawn, one guy ran off to defuse while the two of us killed him with gallys. If you can get perfect headshots black hammer is pretty awesome, a 365 BH was doing around 12k i think per hit with WoL and not missing means you have infinite ammo.

I did the 3x gallahorn strat first week and that took us 2-3 hours hoping for a good luck streak (boss not getting in your face, adds not blocking rockets, etc) whereas with the black hammer it only took us 5-6 tries before he was dead.

now I have 3 exotic bounties on 3 diff chars all waiting for varicks to call me up.

Shito

Got the Queen's Cipher from my first 32! Man, that GAF luck. Thanks Bonsoir & Definity!

Also, Destiny hates me:

Yeah, that was a nice run, thanks guys!
Also I was wondering if your empty card showing a level 0 was just for us because you somehow left the fireteam at the end of the countdown or what, but nope, haha! Can't have too much luck on this game at once, I suppose...

Didn't intend on opening the big chest, but I got a key on a small one, so I decided to go for it: got Her Benevolence, which I didn't have yet.
Yay!
Also got the ugly spike bond...

hoggert

Titan = Easy. Warlock = Yes, but timing is critical. Hunter = Near impossible. Maybe with the new Exotic Boots that allow quad jumps.
I found a bladedancer's double jump to be the most reliable. Just got to be staring straight up, not sprinting, and time your jumps, with the final stack of Weight of Darkness debuff falling off.

Top Bottom