• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

I've done skolas (on solar burn weeks) with both just triple gally and snipe+gally and imo the sniper way is far easier. The key is to have one person start sniping ASAP, while the other two position the bubble and take out the servitor - use a gally on servitor if needed, primary takes too long, although a warlock with fusion grenades can take it out with 1 grenade + 2 or 3 shots. Obviously the bubble should be weapons of light for sniper bonus damage. One person though should be sniping as soon as they get out to the stairs, so the boss stays 1-2 teleports away. If he is up in your face when you start its better just to wipe, someone is invariably going to die to the cannon.

The issue with the gally way is that its far too easy for one person to kill themselves or get killed from scorch cannon splash damage, and then the ammo and synth wait is brutal. Whereas with the sniper way its pretty easy to run and get some ammo and you shouldn't have to really synth at all except maybe sometimes your heavy. If 3 people unload a full sniper gun into mostly headshots, skolas will be at 20-30% and then 2 people can finish him off with 10-14 gallahorn rockets while the third person runs to mines.

Thanks for the replies,I have a ghorn so I'm going to just try with that this week. My sniper is a LGH so the impact is not great so unless I stop being lazy and look for a group to teach me corta it looks like sticking with the ghorn is for the best.

Thanks for the replies,I have a ghorn so I'm going to just try with that this week. My sniper is a LGH so the impact is not great so unless I stop being lazy and look for a group to teach me corta it looks like sticking with the ghorn is for the best.
I will be willing to show you how to do Crota legit sometime. I know Hawkian use to do new players raids every Thursday. I still think he does them? Anyways its pretty fast and easy. I want to say LGH can work well. I am assuming it would since I did Skolas last week with someone using a 365 praedyth's revenge, which has lower impact than LGH.

rc213

So I'm messing around in Gorgons lair. I know about the chest you can jump up the cliff too but I just found another that gave me Ascendant energy only on all 3 characters.

I will be willing to show you how to do Crota legit sometime. I know Hawkian use to do new players raids every Thursday. I still think he does them? Anyways its pretty fast and easy. I want to say LGH can work well. I am assuming it would since I did Skolas last week with someone using a 365 praedyth's revenge, which has lower impact than LGH.
I did it last week with a void LGH but i'm more worried about dying this week but I guess there is no harm in trying.
Thanks for the tip I will PM Hawkian and ask him when I wake up in the morning since i'm getting ready to go to bed now.

holy hell, finally. thanks a ton you guys.

Congrats.

Thanks to you and T-44 for letting me sneak in on the final round.. Only took us 2 hours, but we got a lot of experience. Can't say I'm itching to go back, but I am sure I will.

Ship, shader and Emblem look great. Also got an Elder Cipher and went with Queensbow. All-in-all a good night

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Congrats.

Thanks to you and T-44 for letting me sneak in on the final round.. Only took us 2 hours, but we got a lot of experience. Can't say I'm itching to go back, but I am sure I will.

Ship, shader and Emblem look great. Also got an Elder Cipher and went with Queensbow. All-in-all a good night
T44 didn't get his ship, XD Shader looks awful on my hunter too, lol.

Psyched about the Cipher though.

Am I wrong, or was Variks not actually asking us to choose right up front?

T44 didn't get his ship, XD Shader looks awful on my hunter too, lol.

Psyched about the Cipher though.

Am I wrong, or was Variks not actually asking us to choose right up front?

Uh oh, was your ship inventory full T-44? Think I heard that was a bug. Maybe oost madter has it?

I had the option of three to hoose from Variks. I hose Queensbow, now I have a new task. Looks like I need to open an Arena chest for a Queen Cipher

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Uh oh, was tour ship inventory full T-44? Think I heard that was a bug. Maybe oost madter has it?

I had the option of three to hoose from Variks. I hose Queensbow, now I have a new task. Looks like I need to open an Arena chest for a Queen Cipher

can be done on 32, 34 or 35

hydruxo

Uh oh, was tour ship inventory full T-44? Think I heard that was a bug. Maybe oost madter has it?

You don't actually pick the gun at the beginning, you just press 'accept' to start the bounty. You pick the gun at the very end when the other steps are finished.

Bow is great though, thats what I picked and its a blast to use in pvp.

10 points away from MAXIMUM GRIMOIRE. I just need to do the level 34 this week.

Well, technically I still need to do the other two Elder Cipher bounties to get the final two Exotics, and I'll still be missing the Fate of All Fools card, but those are all worth 0 points.

Gotta catch 'em all!

I started playing on my Xbox 360 and Xbox One. If you're on either platform, give me a holler. Warning: Blue Armor Abounds, I am but a pauper on the Xbox side. I did two Vault of Glass Normal runs without a single armor drop. Picked up a Hezen Vengeance, Corrective Measure, and Vision of Confluence. Funny story: my blue scout rifle does more damage that my Vision of Confluence. If I leveled my Vision of Confluence sans Ascension, it would do 6 more damage than my leveled blue scout rifle.

Rainmaker

Banned
Today I beat Skolas for the first time, got my second character to 34, and now I finally got Fatebringer. Have to keep this good week going by finally getting a piece of ToO armor! (Yeah right...)

Jinjo

apparently there is a glitch to get your golden gun up really fast

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...a_infinite_golden_gun_glitch_pve_pvp_no_joke/

explains why people have been using swarm grenades for the last month...

Thought it was useless/limited at first since I thought only Nighthawk was guaranteed this perk (for PvE I don't think it's broken as Warlock has Obsidian Mind for instance). As it turns out this perk is also present on Achlyophage Symbiote. Gamechanger.

Edit: I guess this works with Bladedancer skip grenade too....

M3Rocket

Anyone for Crota Hard from beginning unless someone's got Deathsinger that can share? Need a swordbearer. Got DPS and Sniper distract covered. Going to solo Abyss right now.

1. M3Rocket
2. M3Rocket's friend
3. M3Rocket's friend
4. Swordbearer

Ikkarus

Anyone for Crota Hard from beginning unless someone's got Deathsinger that can share? Need a swordbearer. Got DPS and Sniper distract covered. Going to solo Abyss right now.

1. M3Rocket
2. M3Rocket's friend
3. M3Rocket's friend
4. Swordbearer
I'll join!

PSN = Ikkarus

Top Bottom