• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Future

Just saw the reddit thread about golden gun glitch of near instant super refill from swarm grenades. Wonder how fast biggie will patch it

TheOddOne

I started playing on my Xbox 360 and Xbox One. If you're on either platform, give me a holler. Warning: Blue Armor Abounds, I am but a pauper on the Xbox side. I did two Vault of Glass Normal runs without a single armor drop. Picked up a Hezen Vengeance, Corrective Measure, and Vision of Confluence. Funny story: my blue scout rifle does more damage that my Vision of Confluence. If I leveled my Vision of Confluence sans Ascension, it would do 6 more damage than my leveled blue scout rifle.
N00bs on the Bone? What the Elzar.

Krelian

I'm beginning to hate PoE. You can waste an enormous amount of hours if you can't manage to beat the boss in the last round. Many people I play with don't have much time and aren't necessarily the best players but have had fun with Destiny because activities like strikes were short and Raids had checkpoints. Without both in PoE there's just not enough to justify failing over and over again. The rewards are lackluster as well. Now it seems the first member of the clan I used to raid with will quit because of it :(

So I got 2 Elder Ciphers from Skolas last week... But I only was able to select 1 bounty for it. Does that mean I'm doing the same bounty twice?

You will only get one weapon at the end of it so you are better off just deleting one of them if you can so it doesn't take up bounty room.

Ken

You will only get one weapon at the end of it so you are better off just deleting one of them if you can so it doesn't take up bounty room.

I deleted one but Variks won't acknowledge that I have the Cipher. If you get the double you might have to eat the bounty space loss to have the bounty even work.

Ryck

Killed Skolas and didnt get ship shader or emblem. :(

Granted it was my Warlock and I had already done it once with my Titan earlier today. (Got shader and emblem but no ship)

Is that also RNG?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Killed Skolas and didnt get ship shader or emblem. :(

Granted it was my Warlock and I had already done it once with my Titan earlier today. (Got shader and emblem but no ship)

Is that also RNG?
My second and third time I opened the chest, I think I only got the ship as the guaranteed drop. I might have gotten the emblem as well, but I can't remember.

Manp

after 1200 hours played i got my first Monte Carlo yesterday. now i own all the pre HoW exotics... not that i care now since i wanted to get them all before HoW launched :|

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I deleted one but Variks won't acknowledge that I have the Cipher. If you get the double you might have to eat the bounty space loss to have the bounty even work.
Once you get the weapon, the second bounty will disappear. So yeah, deleting one is a bad idea.

Ryck

My second and third time I opened the chest, I think I only got the ship as the guaranteed drop. I might have gotten the emblem as well, but I can't remember.
Feels like an enormous waste of time to do a 35 and only get Light, Cores and some shit Queens AR.

Ryck

Why do elder ciphers drop so much, yet elemental primaries are so rare?

Makes absolutely no sense to me.
Yeah this too, got the HC today and it's freaking Arc. :(

Basically just gonna sit in my vault since it still pales compared to Fatebringer.

Wish we could reroll the burns on all Poe weapons that have burns. (Obviously only the primaries with burn could be rerolled )

Shito

Why do elder ciphers drop so much, yet elemental primaries are so rare?

Makes absolutely no sense to me.
Because the exotic bounties force you to play PoE. They are obviously designed as a way to entice people to continue playing PoE even if they already ran it this week; just like the key / big chest.

raindoc

Guys, how much data is transfered when playing Destiny online?
Mobile internet is the only option I have right now. I played some patrol yesterday to test it and it felt a lot smoother than expected at 2 MBit down & 0,7 up - but my data volume is limited to 3 GB/month... has anyone of you an idea what the average volume/hour is when playing destiny w/o VOIP?

Bradach

Did this yesterday and imo it was really easy. There are even rounds without any objective other than kill enemies. If you're in need of ELight then this is the week to do it!

Will do, it looked a bit too easy and I thought there was a catch.

Mobile internet is the only option I have right now. I played some patrol yesterday to test it and it felt a lot smoother than expected at 2 MBit down & 0,7 up - but my data volume is limited to 3 GB/month... has anyone of you an idea what the average volume/hour is when playing destiny w/o VOIP?

I looked this up for a friend of mine a couple of months ago. As far as I could gather it used about 300mb per hour including party chat. If I were you I'd check what you used before playing, play an hour and check usage again. No nasty surprises that way

I know how the Armor/Weapon core and Eth light system works for PoE but does anyone know if the level you do PoE at effects the chest drop when you use a treasure key?

Shito

I know how the Armor/Weapon core and Eth light system works for PoE but does anyone know if the level you do PoE at effects the chest drop when you use a treasure key?
You get a ship and a shader from your first time opening the 35 one, but other than that they are all the sames, from 28 to 35.
The only other difference is for the exotic bounties: the queen cypher can NOT be obtained from the PoE 28 chest.

raindoc

I looked this up for a friend of mine a couple of months ago. As far as I could gather it used about 300mb per hour including party chat. If I were you I'd check what you used before playing, play an hour and check usage again. No nasty surprises that way

Cheers. PS+ membership ran out, so I couldn't test strikes, PoE, etc. - but I guess I'll just pick up a 1 month deal to test this.

Finally did 35 with my pals for the first time, beat it, and didn't get the ship. Did get the emblem and shader, but I was really hoping for the ship.

Ship inventory wasn't full either. Wish they fixed the no drops on things that should drop.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Finally did 35 with my pals for the first time, beat it, and didn't get the ship. Did get the emblem and shader, but I was really hoping for the ship.

Ship inventory wasn't full either. Wish they fixed the no drops on things that should drop.
I thought the ship was guaranteed. That's weird.

Did you have room for the ship? On your character and post office?

ocean

Banned
I did this once for a Crota's End run. If I recall correctly the run took about 45 minutes and I consumed roughly 300MB.

btw LFG 35 Skolas x 9 times.

giphy.gif

Unless you really want to do it :lol

Top Bottom