• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Guys, how much data is transfered when playing Destiny online?
Mobile internet is the only option I have right now. I played some patrol yesterday to test it and it felt a lot smoother than expected at 2 MBit down & 0,7 up - but my data volume is limited to 3 GB/month... has anyone of you an idea what the average volume/hour is when playing destiny w/o VOIP?

I played Destiny on mobile internet for a week when my net was down, it was using approx 70MB/hour with game chat. Party chat usage went up to around 100mb/hour.

noomi

Good morning dgaf!

Completed a bunch of PoE's last night, all I have left is one more PoE35 for this week and then Trials on Friday.

Catching up....

I need to try 35 for the first time this week I think.

Yo casmith, hit me up sometime this week if you want to knock this out. Just let me know what time works for you, I'm not planning to be on a lot until ToO launches Friday but I'll definitely be around and available to run it whenever.

Decided to chuck on a Destiny stream for the first time ever and clicked the top one, "StreamerHouse" and he is using some mod/adaptor to play with a mouse and keyboard. What the hell..that just completely ruins any fairness in Crucible.

I have been wondering how Xbox and Windows 10 was going to handle the streaming of Xbox one to pc..if it allows mouse and keyboard then that is just bullshit. Though even if it doesnt someone will make a hack within a week to do it.

noomi

Decided to chuck on a Destiny stream for the first time ever and clicked the top one, "StreamerHouse" and he is using some mod/adaptor to play with a mouse and keyboard. What the hell..that just completely ruins any fairness in Crucible.

I have been wondering how Xbox and Windows 10 was going to handle the streaming of Xbox one to pc..if it allows mouse and keyboard then that is just bullshit. Though even if it doesnt someone will make a hack within a week to do it.

I've seem these adapters before as well, but they will never be as good a a M&KB on a pc, there is input lag that is introduced and translating controller into m&kb makes things even more difficult because it low sensitivity and aim assist.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Got my first elemental primary drop from Skolas. (Not in general)

Six Dreg Pride II...Void! meh, I'll take it. It's better than Word of Crota right? I already ascended mine though...womp

Ken

Got my first elemental primary drop from Skolas. (Not in general)

Six Dreg Pride II...Void! meh, I'll take it. It's better than Word of Crota right? I already ascended mine though...womp

I ascended my WoC today out of boredom and because this week's PoE seemed Vex/Hive heavy. I don't know, I kind of like it over my Void Jewel. The triple tap on it makes it fun for shooting at big targets with big weak spots like ogres since you get like 3 or 4 bonus shots?

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
I ascended my WoC today out of boredom and because this week's PoE seemed Vex/Hive heavy. I don't know, I kind of like it over my Void Jewel. The triple tap on it makes it fun for shooting at big targets with big weak spots like ogres since you get like 3 or 4 bonus shots?

I like the rate of fire on the WoC, I'll have to upgrade my Six Dreg Pride II and see how it compares.

Namikaze1

Dammit. I deleted footage of Todd being a Warlock in the Reef and somehow switching to a Hunter a minute later without leaving the fireteam. I'm still trying to figure out how he did it. The "Player has left Fireteam" message never popped up.

Witchcraft I say! Witchcraft!

Rubenov

Dammit. I deleted footage of Todd being a Warlock in the Reef and somehow switching to a Hunter a minute later without leaving the fireteam. I'm still trying to figure out how he did it. The "Player has left Fireteam" message never popped up.

Witchcraft I say! Witchcraft!

Space Magic

Zoidberg

Just rolled a Low-Grade Humility with Longview SLR10, hidden hand, injection mold and unflinching. Only 1 weapon left to re-roll and I will be out of this gambling hell...

Thanks for the runs squid, really nice of you to do the boss a few times so I could get my Cipher Bounties done. One left on my warlock and I'll have all the Cipher exotics. We'll run 35 with you Thursday or this weekend and make sure we get it done!
It was really my pleasure. Hopefully the curse can be lifted and I'll be able to kill Skolas this week!

holy hell, finally. thanks a ton you guys.
woohoo, hope redeemed!

is lvl 34 PoE as easy as it looks this week?

I might actually get some etheric light!
It's unusually easy. If you have any gear from Variks, the final boss is even easier. I had the helmet and chest for my Hunter, and I faced down 2 Witches with a shotgun without being killed. It was amazing.

See, that's the shit I was complaining about yesterday. Why is the mine phase still going after Skolas is dead? That can't be an intended mechanic, can it?

I deleted one but Variks won't acknowledge that I have the Cipher. If you get the double you might have to eat the bounty space loss to have the bounty even work.

Interesting, I got double Ciphers drop and when I got only one weapon I was thinking I could of just deleted the additional one.

Good to know though, thanks for the heads up.

Top Bottom