• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

See, that's the shit I was complaining about yesterday. Why is the mine phase still going after Skolas is dead? That can't be an intended mechanic, can it?

It is intended, but keep in mind all the adds die and the taint disappears when he dies so it's usually easy to clear the mines as long as you don't wait too long. If you have a Hunter, they should always be the designated mine dismantler if the DPS is a little slower. There are two mine waves, one triggered at 50% Skolas HP and the second at 25% HP. Since most people just burn him so quickly the two waves just activate one after the other, which looks kinda silly in all the videos. The fight would make a lot more sense without an elemental burn and if he had ~half his current HP.

Lol yeah that was posted yesterday. I'm concerned for that man's mental health. Kappa

ocean

Banned
Wow, that other guy's K/D ratio :(

Bungie didn't expect us to do so much DPS on Skolas before the mines appear. They really don't test stuff e.g. Hard Crota.
I think Bungie deleted the game from their history so KD ratios won't be tarnished by the bug.

As for Skolas, maybe they tried for an hour or two and kept getting killed by Scorch Cannon then called it a day, satisfied their boss was not gonna get burned.

But some people will try the same strategy for 8 hours, over and over, until it works for them. And then they tell us exactly how it works and we can do it in under 8 hours.

Hard to predict edge cases like the ones people can find. I mean you can solo Atheon even. Who'd have thunk.

Couldn't grind destiny yesterday because I gave a speech at a fundraiser to my recent alma mater. But now the grind will be back on.

Daily​
◻ Daily Crucible

Weekly​
◻ Weekly Heroic Strike
☑ Nightfall
◻ (3x) Prison of Elders Level 34
◻ (3x) Trials of Osiris Flawless or 8 wins

Other Goals​
◻ (1x) Prison of Elders Level 35
◻ Collect HoW Dead Ghosts
◻ (3x) Do Queen Wanted Missions for Grimoire and Treasure Keys

Namikaze1

My Titan felt like a super saiyan last night in PoE 34. All them Hive perk PoE gear allowed me to survive the Wizard Onslaught.

Speaking of PoE 34, favorite moment of the day yesterday took place there. Math, Todd, and I were at the final boss. We're on left, attacking him. He's about to do his thing for the first time so I turn around to hide behind cover.

Me: "Holy fuck! There are two wizards here! There are wizards here!"
Math: "WTF! WTF! Nami, bubble please!"
*boss mechanic hits*
*Math dies*
Math: "Nami! Why?!"
*Closest wizard to me dies after barely hurting me (dem hive PoE perks yo!)*
*second flies after todd*
Todd: "I ammmm ssssssssssllllllllloooooooowwwwwwwwwwww."
Math: "I will straight up kill you, Todd, if you keep saying that."
*i kill the second wizard once the slow shit was over*

Seriously, fuck them wizards. They must have been playing ToO over the weekend cause they rushed us.

"Okay, both wizards are do- WHERE THE FUCK DID THESE OTHER TWO WIZARDS CAME FROM?!?!"

Once you get the weapon, the second bounty will disappear. So yeah, deleting one is a bad idea.

So will I really not be able to redeem the weapon when I finish the bounty since I already deleted the duplicate? Only need to run the 32 and 34 this week to finish it out. If that's the case, half of the 4 Elder Ciphers I've gotten are glitched. I strongly dislike this exotic bounty, it'd be poorly designed with lackluster exotics at the end even if it wasn't so glitchy. Kinda like how Crota was always a bad fight but all the glitches on top made him truly Scrotastic.

Not sure what their plan was with exotic weapons this expansion. There's no potential Xur hype, 2 aren't even in the game, and the 3 available ones are behind the same silly bounty quest. The vanilla exotic bounties weren't always a ton of fun but at least each one was unique and had some compelling lore behind them if you bothered to read the mission step descriptions. SGA and its ties to Kabr, Pocket Infinity's connection to the Vex Mythoclast, Thorn and all the Dredgen Yor stuff, etc.

rNilla

So do I, LiK. So do I...

XEtRBk1.png

It is intended, but keep in mind all the adds die and the taint disappears when he dies so it's usually easy to clear the mines as long as you don't wait too long. If you have a Hunter, they should always be the designated mine dismantler if the DPS is a little slower. There are two mine waves, one triggered at 50% Skolas HP and the second at 25% HP. Since most people just burn him so quickly the two waves just activate one after the other, which looks kinda silly in all the videos. The fight would make a lot more sense without an elemental burn and if he had ~half his current HP.
That's so strange, and so unlike any other boss we've fought in the game so far. It would have almost been a better ending mechanic to have the remaining adds go Angry after their leader died, the mines don't make any sense in terms of "story" at all (don't even know why I'm thinking about it, actually).

Oh well, at least I know now. Just still salty after the kill that didn't get me the win. :-\

E92 M3

Hmmm....

Has anyone noticed that the "adept" version of the trials auto rifle (the summoner) looks different aesthetically from the regular non elemental version.

Take a look:

Adept:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMDQIZgCfQI

Non-Adept:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7ORBSMpMbk

I wonder if that's the same for other trials weapons and also the PoW II versions as well...

That's awesome - I had no idea about this.

I got it yesterday, aint fired it once lol. Will try check it out tonight.

You have to max it out - it truly shines then.

Aren't you better off using a regular sniper though?

No, because it gives me flexibility on range and they can't see me scoping. I can be very sneaky with the thing. I even got hate mail yesterday calling me a little bitch.

Jinjo

No, because it gives me flexibility on range and they can't see me scoping. I can be very sneaky with the thing. I even got hate mail yesterday calling me a little bitch.

That is indeed a gamechanger. Since you can catch snipers off-guard thinking they have the drop on you and then bam, countersnipe. I guess the short-charge one is the best to use in PvP or is the damage-buff on the long-charge scope substantial?

E92 M3

Yes it is! I use the quicker charge time, and it's basically headshot city. Love it!

Yep, it's unique and brings a fresh experience into the Crucible.

That is indeed a gamechanger. Since you can catch snipers off-guard thinking they have the drop on you and then bam, countersnipe. I guess the short-charge one is the best to use in PvP or is the damage-buff on the long-charge scope substantial?

Yeah, the short-charge is definitely the one you want to use since you always want to be going for the headshot.

LTWood12

holy hell, finally. thanks a ton you guys.

Congrats.

Thanks to you and T-44 for letting me sneak in on the final round.. Only took us 2 hours, but we got a lot of experience. Can't say I'm itching to go back, but I am sure I will.

Ship, shader and Emblem look great. Also got an Elder Cipher and went with Queensbow. All-in-all a good night

T44 didn't get his ship, XD Shader looks awful on my hunter too, lol.

Psyched about the Cipher though.

Am I wrong, or was Variks not actually asking us to choose right up front?

I'm so glad yall were able to get it done! Hated that I had to bail, but happy that Ortho was able to come in and get his first!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
So will I really not be able to redeem the weapon when I finish the bounty since I already deleted the duplicate? Only need to run the 32 and 34 this week to finish it out. If that's the case, half of the 4 Elder Ciphers I've gotten are glitched. I strongly dislike this exotic bounty, it'd be poorly designed with lackluster exotics at the end even if it wasn't so glitchy. Kinda like how Crota was always a bad fight but all the glitches on top made him truly Scrotastic.

Not sure what their plan was with exotic weapons this expansion. There's no potential Xur hype, 2 aren't even in the game, and the 3 available ones are behind the same silly bounty quest. The vanilla exotic bounties weren't always a ton of fun but at least each one was unique and had some compelling lore behind them if you bothered to read the mission step descriptions. SGA and its ties to Kabr, Pocket Infinity's connection to the Vex Mythoclast, Thorn and all the Dredgen Yor stuff, etc.
Yeah, Unknown had double Ciphers on two characters and the second one disappeared after he got his weapon. You are not really supposed to get a second one if you already have one, it's a glitch.

They basically took the fallen weapons and renamed it :lol Very less effort, but hopefully Comet has some new unique stuff.

Me but no mic or headphone my psn is Dhruv_Hanom
Let's do Elimination.

Top Bottom