• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

noomi

AHHHHHHHHH! Finally! Rank 78!
CHJ6ZPHUIAAGR-V.jpg:orig

Haha! Congrats!

Lots of revenant shaders have been dropping lately, fig and I just got ours last week. Took me 49 ranks

neoism

soo is the fire floor thing in the 34 all the time...
id run a 34 with anyone im still a 33 hunter not sure if that matters i only did it once and the fire floor thing kills me ever time..

so anyone willing to help me poe 34 psn ne0ism-

Jas

Thursday, 6/11/15 - 9:00PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid & Sword School - Normal - Sign Up Here (2 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

During Crota's End newbie raids, participants are welcome to try out the Sword against Crota if desired, but no one is required to do so. Instructions will follow upon reaching the Crota checkpoint.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Signed up, haven't done Crota at all.

Soup Bar

Thursday, 6/11/15 - 9:00PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid & Sword School - Normal - Sign Up Here (2 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

During Crota's End newbie raids, participants are welcome to try out the Sword against Crota if desired, but no one is required to do so. Instructions will follow upon reaching the Crota checkpoint.

I wish I didn't have to work. :(

RemiLP

mindblown.gif

Yeah. We might be dr. Shim ;)

Here is another good one i found about the hive

https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/36ekrt/hidden_lore_of_the_hive/

Tldr:
"The Hive are infected by Light eating worms. The worms provide the Hive with all their powers, but drain the Hive of their own Light and leave them with nothing but Darkness. The worms also keep the Hive from dying, possibly making them immortal, and this is why the Hive look so withered, dried out, and drained.

The Hive Wizards are trying to find a way to cure themselves of the worm infection, but so far they cannot get rid of the parasites.

Eris Morn may have infected herself with the worms in order to survive among the Hive on the Moon. The worms may have some telepathic connection to each other, and this may explain how Eris can sense what the Hive are doing in other parts of the world.

The Hive may have served the Traveler once, and the Traveler may have been the one to infect the Hive with the worms in the first place."

Why Bungie dont include things like this in the storry is beyond me...im gona have to read more grimoire cards now.

Frenden

Banned
Haha! Congrats!

Lots of revenant shaders have been dropping lately, fig and I just got ours last week. Took me 49 ranks

Faction shaders seem to be dropping more regularly, anecdotally.

I've gotten two New Monarchy and a FWC (I've never seen someone else in game with a FWC shader, so that's kinda rad) since HoW launched.

I had zero in my previous since-launch playtime.

this was my weekly schedule pre-HOW for Destiny
-all VG and some Eris bounties x3 daily
-gorgon NM and HM x3 weekly
-Atheon HM x3
-NF x3
Weekly heroic x3
Deathsinger NM x3
Crota NM and HM x3

Here is my weekly schedule post HOW
queens bounties x1
POE 32 x3
*soon to start POE 34 (should replace 32 next week for me). Granted he brings some chest armor so I can to get to 34

so much more to do yet I find myself playing alot less than I used to.

granted I havnt played that much of this becuase witcher 3 and burnout. But I am not feeling the new content that much.

I've gotten two New Monarchy and a FWC (I've never seen someone else in game with a FWC shader, so that's kinda rad) since HoW launched.

I've received two FWC shaders in about fifty or sixty rankups. Ninevah goes together so well with the cape. It's like Rosegold with maroon highlights added in. Tyre is just all dark blue.

soo is the fire floor thing in the 34 all the time...
id run a 34 with anyone im still a 33 hunter not sure if that matters i only did it once and the fire floor thing kills me ever time..

so anyone willing to help me poe 34 psn ne0ism-

when the floor burns does all the sidewall platforms burn as well. Is there any place safe to stand?

Frenden

Banned
I've received two FWC shaders in about fifty or sixty rankups. Ninevah goes together so well with the cape. It's like Rosegold with maroon highlights added in. Tyre is just all dark blue.

I've gotten one Ninevah and two Nefertiti AK--you're totally right. Ninevah looks great with the class items. It's just the right amount of royal blue. No other (non-faction at least) shaders match the FWC blue perfectly.

Signed up,thanks

noomi

I've had a good 10 shaders from from factions already, but never a ship... not even once.

I want the dead orbit ship...

You certainly have my attention :p Interested to see the design.

Just imagine if Destiny was on the PC, we could potentially have custom maps!

when the floor burns does all the sidewall platforms burn as well. Is there any place safe to stand?

flame prince? nope you have to stay airborne for 10 seconds

when you enter the room go left. the platform in front of the wall is where you hold. use the bottom for cover as necessary then jump off the top for height when the lava starts (the longer you're in the air the less damage you take). use the column as a line of sight blocker from the boss if necessary. again, the bottom has a safe spot where only the adds can reach you so its good for a breather.

there is no need for bladedancers here; use triple jump and make orbs on the knights and wizards. then when the adds are dead, run up the hill in front and headglitch to DPS the boss with mythoclast or whatever else.

some people can stay in the back platform if necessary but dont put everyone back there or you get rushed by knights and splash from the boss with little room to dodge. maybe its fine if you have a titan bubble, but its slower [and frankly boring] in my experience

thats how it went with solar burn.

Frenden

Banned
Anyone have Gorgon CPs?

I was holding/sharing last week for folks, but haven't picked it up yet this week. Happy to remote play on the couch tonight and share for people again later.

I've had a good 10 shaders from from factions already, but never a ship... not even once.

I want the dead orbit ship...

Just imagine if Destiny was on the PC, we could potentially have custom maps!

the factions should have small quest lines for thier ship and shaders. Its silly that the requirement to get them is perserverence in not getting bored by doing 1 million bouties

Pretty easy boss, he just put a SLOW debuff on you and some random poison clouds, thats all

But is it go left unload on him or take ou the ads then unload?

When do you just blast him? Does Kill important target come out when his health is half?

I don't understand the health regen on this level.

On the topic of maps I like most of the maps a lot I just think the spawn system ruins a lot of them.
The game tends to be at it's best in the slower3v3 modes in my opinion.

I've gotten one Ninevah and two Nefertiti AK--you're totally right. Ninevah looks great with the class items. It's just the right amount of royal blue. No other (non-faction at least) shaders match the FWC blue perfectly.
The Tyre 4770 looks way better on my Hunter than it ever did on my Titan. Going to use it now.
1FqDUlh.png

And the Nineveh 8611 with the FWC cape.
bhPWcxi.png

M3Rocket

Did Crota hard a few hours back. Got an awesome kill :-D

xTjG33.gif

Three Guardians went for the sword, when our swordbearer went down. That was the most memorable Crota Hard Kill ever.

I couldn't tell from my perspective from all the Gally's exploding, but did you actually sword him once or did he die from all the Gally spam?

Me too actually. I had zero faction shaders prior to HoW, and since then I've had one for both New Monarchy and Dead Orbit drop.

Anything in crucible with randoms is unpleasant.
believe it or not, i actually found playing IB with rando's to be not at all unpleasant. i actually won some games, and was consistently in the top half, if not first or second. it made me feel much more confident about my PvP skills, but clearly, i learned a lot by playing with DGAF'ers. :)

P44

Signed up,

LifEndz

Quick question guys. If I reforge pre-HoW iron banner weapons do I have access to the old perks or will I only be able to get the new perks? I'm almost certain I'll have access to the old perks, but I wanted to check.

Quick question guys. If I reforge pre-HoW iron banner weapons do I have access to the old perks or will I only be able to get the new perks? I'm almost certain I'll have access to the old perks, but I wanted to check.

I think it's all post HoW perks but could be wrong.

Top Bottom