• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Ikkarus

I think I just got really lucky with my sniper forge:

Her Benevolence

Shortgaze
Hidden Hand
Quickdraw
Unflinching

Time to start levelling it up!

Well looks like one guy knows how to swordbear so you can join if you still want it. I just need 1 more and we're gonna go.
3x r2 run and hide. Repeat should be enough to kill him by the second sword I think. Without being forced under level well your timing doesn't have to be very strict. Everyone should try it IMO.

phen0m24

The high pressure / highly competitive nature of Trials is really not my jam. Not why I play this game.

But it can still be fun with the right folks.

rNilla
Unstable
Twilight Gap

Lol

Our wafer teams were a hoot though. It was fun hearing Grim bust out laughing

ocean

Banned
Have you guys seen this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/397ph0/the_nature_of_the_exo/

Its a really good read about the exos/vex/stranger/wtf is going on.

Also pisses me off that bungie dosnt include things like this in the game. Destiny could have had a GREAT storry. They should have made som cut sceens out of the most important things from the grimoire cards.

Instead we get a dumb Ghost to "protect" while enemies runs towards us to die.
These are my favorite Grimoire cards and have been for a long time. I've read them and re read them a million times but had never made the link to the potential origin of the Exo - it's a fantastically fitting explanation. The whole concept of simulated reality is extremely interesting from a philosophical point of view. It's been a recurring topic of conversation with some friends and some new angles or repercussions always come up.

It wasn't mentioned in this Reddit post, but is tangentially related: there's an interesting paper on P2P simulation and how it could explain the quantum behavior observed in the natural world. It's a terribly abstract and sadly paywalled article (glad I'm still in grad school and can access these things) but it ties in beautifully with the Vex being a vast P2P network simulating reality. I found a good summary online but a lot of the minutiae is lost on the author:
https://scientiasalon.wordpress.com...d-a-new-theory-of-free-will-a-brief-overview/

Anyways, the Vex as described in game fit the P2P Simulation Hypothesis perfectly. This hive mind working as an array of interconnected terminals computing a unified simulation with the capacity for recursion (their simulated selves would in turn be accurate enough to also create simulations, ad infinitum) is just mind boggling.

Truly wasteful to have such a complex enemy be conceived with this sort of detail only to have them do nothing in game other than shoot you and chuck grenades at you.

Anyone wanna get a VoG or CE going in like an hour? Need some raid weapons. Specifically Fatebringer, VoC, Mythoclast, Oversoul Edict, Abyss Defiant and Black Hammer.

zewone

I think I just got really lucky with my sniper forge:

Her Benevolence

Shortgaze
Hidden Hand
Quickdraw
Unflinching

Time to start levelling it up!

I spent 100 motes and countless glimmer and parts to get one that Hidden Hand and Unflinching on it.

I had to settle on the Longview and Hand Laid stock too. :(

well that explains why all of my recent posts have died. they keep being removed because i'm missing "flair".

the flair is telling me to post something in brackets, but the destiny reddit just removed that requirement.

so it looks like i'm being modbotted?

noomi

well that explains why all of my recent posts have died. they keep being removed because i'm missing "flair".

the flair is telling me to post something in brackets, but the destiny reddit just removed that requirement.

You need to add a flair to your post on reddit edit it and add one.

Edit

I need to read better, you already knew that lol.

ocean

Banned
fuck Reddit, post it here. they don't appreciate the advice anyway.
I come here for the community, there for information. That Crucible Playbook is a goldmine of stats guides and advice. I'm not sure what you mean by appreciate but this kind of calculation fits the content on that side very well too.

WTF is "flair".

Don't use brackets.

Top Bottom