• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

I'm not even sure how to respond anymore. Hell, I'm not even sure where I would response since it'd be downvoted. It feels like some of those users are trolling, but apparently since my information is "old" i'm the one who is or something.

How is it my opinion that you earn more weapon parts through Trials of Osiris than through strikes? It's literally nothing more than basic math. You can spend the entire day farming strikes, chest engrams and loot caves and you still wont get more weapon parts than you would through this method. If somebody wants to get off their ass and do the math to prove me wrong, then they're welcome to.

CruciblePlaybook has a ToO weapon parts thread.

DtG2casual4u

My information predates both posts and contains more information than both posts combined.

phen0m24

Welp, guess you guys were right. The thread was downvoted because it's a "copy pasta" of another post (it's not) and apparently going through trials of osiris is "not the fastest" way. Or rather, people see the requirement and think it's bad advice.

This is literally the same reason why I quit Destiny last month. I'm not sure why I bother helping the Destiny community.

DGAF > Other destiny communities We ♡ Zoba

yeah, i missed it due to lack of proper punctuation... :p
please note the edit above, but i do actually like your Col. Hawknilla better than my offering. :D

notbad.gif

NillaHawkCorn for the win
I still don't care

That's like me with The Order... I played it for 5 mins, then it was time to go back to searching for the horn

They'll come out with The Order:1986 before I find a horn.

Finish the game. It's beautiful. Hope you get your Horn though.

I don't visit the Destiny Reddit community because of stuff like that. They think they know everything. DeeJ loves sucking up to them. GAF Destiny community is the best.

Thumbs way up.

M3Rocket

Welp, guess you guys were right. The thread was downvoted because it's a "copy pasta" of another post (it's not) and apparently going through trials of osiris is "not the fastest" way. Or rather, people see the requirement and think it's bad advice.

This is literally the same reason why I quit Destiny last month. I'm not sure why I bother helping the Destiny community.

Thanx for all your help HERE on DGAF. A lot of us are very grateful to your contributions.

Zoba, you shouldn't get upset over some other community. Your accepted here and people respect your opinion here for what it is. On top of that you and your clan have been helping scrubs like myself even get any of the trials goodies.

Fuck reddit destiny lol

I don't visit the Destiny Reddit community because of stuff like that. They think they know everything. DeeJ loves sucking up to them. DestinyGAF community is the best. I keep playing because of you guys.

Yes, DestinyGAF is great and I appreciate that i have the opportunity to help everyone here.

But this community in particular is a very small portion of the Destiny community online, which in itself is still a small part of the entire community. Nevertheless, i wanted to reach out to the larger subsets to both share what I know and learn from others. I welcome and seek out disagreements and criticism because it's the only way I'll further my knowledge and understanding, but Reddit in particular has been very unsupportive of virtually everything I've posted.

Perhaps guidework just isn't my turf. It wouldn't be the first time I've left a game community after being shunned, but i'll make sure it's the last. I'm too old for this internet shit.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
iC3Bnpy0mek9K.png

Yes, DestinyGAF is great and I appreciate that i have the opportunity to help everyone here.

But this community in particular is a very small portion of the Destiny community online, which in itself is still a small part of the entire community. Nevertheless, i wanted to reach out to the larger subsets to both share what I know and learn from others. I welcome and seek out disagreements and criticism because it's the only way I'll further my knowledge and understanding, but Reddit in particular has been very unsupportive of virtually everything I've posted.

Perhaps guidework just isn't my turf. It wouldn't be the first time I've left a game community after being shunned, but i'll make sure it's the last. I'm too old for this internet shit.

You make great guides. Don't let those assholes get you down.

Rubenov

Zoba don't take it personal, people can be assholes and it's not limited to gaming. My girl recently wrote an article for an online newspaper and she received a lot of criticism from certain people; she almost had an emotional breakdown over it and swore off ever writing again.

The anonymity of the internet makes it even easier for people to behave that way.

I read your TLW guide just today and enjoyed it a lot!

th3dude

Where can I see your existing guides?

Zoba don't let it get to you. I posted this article in a big newspaper while in college and all I focused on was the negative responses. Now I get anxiety when I get too many emails because I would get overwhelmed. I'm thankful for all your help.

Also reddit has a culture. Even though we all play Destiny; gaf, reddit, and bungie's forum are completely different.

Top Bottom