• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

hydruxo

wut

Is this from the Red Bull thing?

I hope it's replayable.
If not I need to make sure the mission isn't completed three times on my character before I get a chance to play today.

It's a fallen bounty from Petra.

Not sure if it's even worth replaying, it took like 2 minutes lol. Turret was kinda cool though.

EDIT: yeah you can't replay it, disappears once you beat it

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That's fine. I would like to see the shield get a slight health buff so jailbreaking becomes mandatory. The problem you mention with burning Qodron isn't a boss issue. It's a weapon issue.
Nerf it.
The more I think about it the less doubt I have that it could've been done with Weapons of Light and snipers. We had a 33 in the party after all.

I guess I'd have to say I'm torn on the whole "nerfing Gjallarhorn will fix this" thing. If they nerf it substantially, will not some other weapon then become the #1 option for doing single target DPS, and then that weapon by the one required by LFG groups and so on?

I'm not convinced yet, anyway. It's a pretty fun weapon and I love it, even though I don't roll with it in my loadout nearly as much as many people do.
Lastly, I honestly don't care about how difficult "average" people find certain things.
Well, I do. It is the basis for a lot of what I try to do as part of this community.
The game needs difficult encounters. It's elitist but I really don't care. Not everything should be completeable by everyone.
Ironically enough, that I agree with. Not everything should be completed by everyone. I can easily put the 34 PoE boss- by nature, they've had to make it to the boss- in the category of "completeable by most people" though, at level 34.

Whoa my vault just went from having no space in general section to half empty thanks to nearly 400 heavy synths neatly stacked in 4 slots.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
hdiedbeldurmtk

Too much content

Bounties to get treasure keys
Nightfall x 2
Weekly x 2
Prison 32 x 2
Iron banner

GRIP

Dave and GRIP have barely set foot in ToO.

That's not entirely true. The first week I played with a few different groups (including one with spyder and haybro -didn't go very well) and got to 8 wins on one of my cards. I just didn't feel like doing it this week because I hate the map.

Also, not sure what your plans are for tonight (and the rest of the group for that matter), but I think I'm just gonna go right into Iron Banner and maybe a nightfall or two. Obviously, you guys are more than welcome to join me, but I'm gonna pass on raiding if that's on the schedule.

I thought this bounty could be received on 34 as well? Is this just bad wording on the patch notes?

EDIT: True top of page! May gjallarhorn be blessed to all who are still searching!

cW689QX.gif
The legend never dies!

noomi

good patch it good, all the recent updates have been nice :)

Now I will be buying more heavy ammo synths when Xur shows up.

Wow, missed so much going to bed. Patch notes are great. Keys are now very generously given. Guarunteed 1 per week per character, likely more. Very welcome change. I also think it is a good idea limiting chests to only 1 reward per spawn.

Changes to Qodros are welcome, but I always felt the issue was the shitton of Hobgoblins, not detainment.

Glad helms are up this week. STR only is a huge bummer. Guess I will be ascending VoG helms this week, assuming I can resonably get Etheric Light.

spyder_ur

That's not entirely true. The first week I played with a few different groups (including one with spyder and haybro -didn't go very well) and got to 8 wins on one of my cards. I just didn't feel like doing it this week because I hate the map.

Also, not sure what your plans are for tonight (and the rest of the group for that matter), but I think I'm just gonna go right into Iron Banner and maybe a nightfall or two. Obviously, you guys are more than welcome to join me, but I'm gonna pass on raiding if that's on the schedule.

Grip I am on the same page. I think I am going to start an IB train myself around 7:30 or 8. I'll try to do my other 2 NFs before then - it was very quick this morning. Dave and Hay had some interest in IB too.

spyder_ur

Dave and GRIP have barely set foot in ToO. Verde is deliberately avoiding it despite offers to play just to try it out. I'm willing to throw a card or two at it every week, but it's too frustrating to camp out for a team only to lose <5 wins. I HAVE seen science and you playing more(?) than me, so I'm not trying to say none of us are playing it or even liking it.

The point I was making is that 2/3 of a group of dedicated players actively dislike it.

I do agree that they'll absolutely make some tweaks to it to make it more accessible.

I'd *love* to see that come with the inverse; a hardcore mode with similarly improved loot for the cream of the cream of the crop.

We don't need to to cover this any more, but I've played with both of them for long stretches (including Dave last night). I think we're in agreement - the concept, competitiveness, and rewards are very compelling, but it can be very frustrating and I think the rewards should be made slightly more accessible. There are ways to do that without ruining competition.

GRIP

Grip I am on the same page. I think I am going to start an IB train myself around 7:30 or 8. I'll try to do my other 2 NFs before then - it was very quick this morning. Dave and Hay had some interest in IB too.

Sounds good man. I'll definitely be on then so just send me an invite whenever.

Sullichin

I haven't had a reason to do the weekly heroic in several weeks now because Xur sucks. I have enough to buy some armor and/or a Gjallarhorn if he finally sells it, which he won't, but lately I haven't been buying anything from him.

stb

I stand partially corrected, then.

That said, I don't think "playing a couple cards one week, then not playing it the entire next week because I don't like the map" is the sort of adoption they were going for. =)

I'm going to make the usual post at lunch (in about an hour). Rather than posting a suggested itinerary, I'll ask what people want to do.

It might be fun to play IB in the 6-man team. It's just hard for me to spend time on IB early in the week when I know it's 3x more efficient to play it Sunday and Monday....

Namikaze1

Servitor: alright little b- is that...is that Gjallarhorn?!

Us: yep

Servitor: oh god! Have merc- ughauagagauaga

Us: what? What was that? We didn't quite catch that!

We don't need to to cover this any more, but I've played with both of them for long stretches (including Dave last night). I think we're in agreement - the concept, competitiveness, and rewards are very compelling, but it can be very frustrating and I think the rewards should be made slightly more accessible. There are ways to do that without ruining competition.

ToO is a mixed bag. When you play with a good team, it is a lot of fun and the rewards are plentiful. However, the reward structure based on >50% wins, even with boons, means that a significant portion of the playerbase will miss out on the weapon and Gold packages. Even getting the Armor at 5 wins is a struggle.

I expect ToO participation to have a steep decline over the first month as many sub-par players discover it is not worth their time and out of their reach. After they all drop out and the average level of competition inches up, the same will happen as once competitive teams becomes marginally less effective in getting ToO rewards and the whole mode slowly implodes.

At least, that is my myopic outlook. Great on paper, but overly punitive to those who aren't top tier.

Pretty awesome day so far!

- Fallout 4 teaser of a teaser
- Awesome Destiny patch
- Red Bull promo leak for Taken King
- Sepp Blatter resigns from FIFA

noomi

Geez man hook a brother up

I think if you and zewone can make room for me next ToO something can be arranged *wink* *wink*

I just got green shader in RL.

lulz!

Can I have some of your weapon parts, please. Just a couple hundred would do. K thanks.

Hah, I've running 3 hunters for a long time so I've accumulated quite the collection. I must have spent about 500 on reforging though the other day :p

E92 M3

There would be more of a population if it were more accessible.

If there *isn't* enough of a population to sustain a hardcore mode, the mode shouldn't exist anyway.

I genuinely don't understand the logic of saying "there aren't enough people to sustain a hardcore mode unless non-hardcore people keep playing it to get trounced by the hardcore people".

This content lasting until Comet is a pipe dream. ToO, without any tweaks, will be abandoned inside 2 months. The people poo-pooing skill based matchmaking are going to have 100% of the loot and more etheric than they know what do with (if they don't already), and the plebians will have been conditioned to just avoid the mode.

Not everything is supposed to be accessible though and there is enough of a population to sustain it now. All I am saying is that filtering the matches too much will just end up with long waiting times a month down the line. Connection should be the most important thing in a P2P game.

HigXx

Patch notes are very nice! Will definitely be running more PoE!

Cant wait to start Iron Banner tomorrow, my Hunter is coming for those boots

So how do I secure a treasure key for sure? Also anyone looking to do PoE 34? I'm level 33 just because I deleted the wrong exotic. .

An IB train might be a nice way to shake things up. I'd be down to join.

Any idea what the boot perks are? Still need heavy ammo for my junior hunter.

lol IB glitch still works, unfortunately I didn't have enough glimmer for elight. So I just bought the new class item instead, looks much better than the old one.

Top Bottom