• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

I would cry if shaders affected the ToO Hunter cloak. That thing is beautiful as is and should never be changed.

bungie needs to make shaders more customizable. we should be able to change what they affect. there are shaders i like on 90% of my gear but then they ruin another piece.

DeviantBoi

Anyone know if the treasure chest from the first wanted bounty drops when you kill the target or when you turn in the bounty to Petra?

patchday

If anyone was already logged in before 1pm EST, feel free to join my Tower to take advantage of your old IB rank. Lots of Gaffers have already benefited from it, bought the boots, gloves, new Warlock bond and one Etheric Light.

About to fire up the train, choo-choo!

can you invite me I'm on your fr. sandboxgod

Trakan

except for renerfing rusion rifles. i'd still rather see those than felwinters.

zoba plz

IncomparableGrandCanine.gif

phen0m24

I just left, but join Rasengan1337, he's still in the same instance.

Same for you Macello! Sorry for misleading you, hopefully it didn't f up your IB rank.

Hey DD are you feeling any better? I'm left rather voice-less at the moment but still played Crucible last night hehe (Deaf and Phantom got to hear me yell about cheap kills)

Would love to assist you on the IB train, and hopefully not stand immediately behind you to get you killed and then eliminate the wounded left in your wake
ok maybe sometimes
;)

noomi

I hate how shaders do not affect certain class items. I don't think any of the new vanguard or crucible Hunter cloaks change colors.

Oh man, tell me about it. I wish I could re-shade the dead orbit cloak as well :p

But the ghost angel cloak does *hugs ghost angel cloak*

lt519

The more I think about it the less doubt I have that it could've been done with Weapons of Light and snipers. We had a 33 in the party after all.

I've posted it before. The problem is nobody actually gave it a good effort. People gave up after a couple hours, which is disappointing. Level 34 content, which is the max level, should be tough content. There is already Level 32 and 28 PoE, why should 34 be a cakewalk too? It shouldn't be the hardest but it's OK if it takes more than a few hours to figure it out. It sure did for us on our first try (we actually gave up with a 33) and then came back the next night and solidified our strategy.

No Horns at all victory (sloppy): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS3gf9_ybi4
1 Horn but no spamming (clean victory): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp_1mgAGI98

We did it once with 0 Gjallahorns and no Weapons of Light. The second time one guy used a Gjallahorn sparingly and that was mostly to clean out adds. Still no Weapons of Light. My sniper wasn't even fully leveled and I am awful at hitting crits. The encounter was not hard, it just required coordination and patience, which 90% of the player base does not have because they are used to spoon fed victories with Gjallahorn. The same thing happened with Skolas, the first strategy was to burn him with Horns because that is everyone's instinct when in fact the sniping/shotgun strategies are way better. Maybe it's poor game design, it's the same reason you had level 32 people running around during The Dark Below that still didn't know how to do the bridge section because they never did it legit. The skill level isn't there because people have never been forced to actually learn the game.

The reason it becomes a bullet sponge fight now is because the detainment shields won't be enough to kill you if you don't have the buff. They'll take you to low health but you could already get through them before. They've effectively made it so the mechanic can be ignored and you can just focus on picking away at the boss without other worries.

Go trade in old shards and energies for monies?

I don't have any! It's not a big deal really, I pvp a majority of the time so I'm going to get to rank five this week regardless.

What is the glitch? Does it involve somehow not reseting your old IB rank?

Pretty much you sit in orbit until IB starts (10 am pst), when this happens, if you try to go to the tower it should say something like "prerequisite not met." So you change a piece of gear and it'll allow you to go to the tower and you'll have your previous IB rank.

Top Bottom