• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Lnkn52

Yes, DestinyGAF is great and I appreciate that i have the opportunity to help everyone here.

But this community in particular is a very small portion of the Destiny community online, which in itself is still a small part of the entire community. Nevertheless, i wanted to reach out to the larger subsets to both share what I know and learn from others. I welcome and seek out disagreements and criticism because it's the only way I'll further my knowledge and understanding, but Reddit in particular has been very unsupportive of virtually everything I've posted.

Perhaps guidework just isn't my turf. It wouldn't be the first time I've left a game community after being shunned, but i'll make sure it's the last. I'm too old for this internet shit.

The posts that get highlighted there by the mods over there is if it's a story about Destiny and your 9 year old getting a Ghorn, some video about 80 kills, or weekly riddles.

Ratchet and Clank
giphy.gif

Zoba don't post on Reddit. It's for your own good.

That is the game that will make me stop playing Destiny. Looks soooooo gooooood.

The posts that get highlighted there by the mods over there is if it's a story about Destiny and your 9 year old getting a Ghorn, some video about 80 kills, or weekly riddles.

That is the game that will make me stop playing Destiny. Looks soooooo gooooood.

what? new ratchet and clank??!?!?!?

nOoblet16

Welp, guess you guys were right. The thread was downvoted because it's a "copy pasta" of another post (it's not) and apparently going through trials of osiris is "not the fastest" way. Or rather, people see the requirement and think it's bad advice.

This is literally the same reason why I quit Destiny last month. I'm not sure why I bother helping the Destiny community.

Uh post it here, I'm sure it'll get appreciated more than Reddit.
I couldn't care any less for the Destiny community in reddit honestly.

ich00

Zoba, I for one am a fact/data guy over some person's rating of things. I thought your post was well put together and made a while ton of sense, so thank you for that. I was wondering what was going to be the most efficient way to gather weapon parts since I'm going through them like water. Your post gave me he info I needed, so again thanks a ton!

Zoba don't take it personal, people can be assholes and it's not limited to gaming. My girl recently wrote an article for an online newspaper and she received a lot of criticism from certain people; she almost had an emotional breakdown over it and swore off ever writing again.

The anonymity of the internet makes it even easier for people to behave that way.

Criticism is fine and trolling isn't that hard to spot.

I guess I didn't put enough time into it. Sites like Reddit wants stats, data and diagrams. They want proof. I could give the best PvP advice and nobody would listen unless I posted my Crucible stats. That kind of thing bothers me; I don't want to walk into a room and put a degree on the table. That shit doesn't automatically give me a free pass. There aren't even enough characters in their text box for me to post the analyses I've done on the multiplayer maps, but if I did I'd have to post a link to "prove I know what i'm talking about". As if the giant ass wall of text doesn't speak for itself.

It's just completely off putting.

Yo Zoba I just saw your guide, that is great! I'm hoping I might find some people to grind with me for it. I'm actually scared that I will run out of weapon parts soon.

I guess I didn't put enough time into it. Sites like Reddit wants stats, guides and diagrams. They want proof. I could give the best advice and nobody would listen unless I posted my Crucible stats. There aren't even enough characters in their text box for me to post the analyses I've done on the multiplayer maps.

The people on GameFAQs are much worse. Trust me.

nOoblet16

Reading Zoba's thread on reddit and reading up the replies by that Fakewalter guy, i don't understand why he feels the need to police reddit ?

Source? Oh you said it's the fastest...yea need a source.
Then searches for another thread that mentions the same thing but in a far less detailed way "Here you go, this guy posted it before you so fuck you"

I mean wtf?

I guess I didn't put enough time into it. Sites like Reddit wants stats, guides and diagrams. They want proof. I could give the best advice and nobody would listen unless I posted my Crucible stats. There aren't even enough characters in their text box for me to post the analyses I've done on the multiplayer maps.

▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一 to their faces in crucible.
That's your proof.
(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

Lnkn52

Reading Zoba's thread on reddit and reading up the replies by that Fakewalter guy, i don't understand why he feels the need to police reddit ?

Source? Oh you said it's the fastest...yea need a source.
Then searches for another thread that mentions the same thing but in a far less detailed way "Here you go, this guy posted it before you so fuck you"

I mean wtf?

He neglects Zoba's method but doesn't provide any of his own.

Ganhyun

Zoba, I appreciate your guides and I improved my crucible play alot by reading them and watching your videos. Fuck Reddit. If they are too self-centered and stupid to see the good you bring to the table then thats more for us at GAF.

Anastasis

So the 34 level PoE is this week's 32. Does anything change other than level requirements? Rounds that lead up to the boss fight? Epic vs heroic modifiers?

PoE 35 done. Got another key and completed one part of the elder cipher bounty. Now I'm on the waiting portion of the bounty. I was thinking that the description regarding archons, barons, and dregs would be a clue to how long I would have to wait, but I'm guessing that has been debunked, correct?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I guess I didn't put enough time into it. Sites like Reddit wants stats, data and diagrams. They want proof. I could give the best PvP advice and nobody would listen unless I posted my Crucible stats. That kind of thing bothers me; I don't want to walk into a room and put a degree on the table. That shit doesn't automatically give me a free pass. There aren't even enough characters in their text box for me to post the analyses I've done on the multiplayer maps, but if I did I'd have to post a link to "prove I know what i'm talking about". As if the giant ass wall of text doesn't speak for itself.

As I just spelled out in a response to whoever in that thread, you actually did provide all necessary proof in the context of your post. Attempting to source directly comparable data derived from doing Strikes or other engram/drop methods is useless because there will be large swings in variable rate per hour due to a number of RNG factors.

It was unreasonable to ask for a "source" for your claim as you are providing simple factual information. I beg you, don't let it get to you.

M3Rocket

I'm not so sure a large community like Reddit is the best place to prove anything. I would say don't worry about people who you can't help or don't want to be helped. There are many more just here on DGAF that appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Forget Reddit--spend your time and efforts here with the best Destiny Community in my book. But even then, do it only if it's fun for you.

Deku Tree

I want to do a PoE 35 starting around approx 8:30pm est. let me know if you want to do it too. I was hoping to try the horn Strat in the new rock spot on the right side.

Top Bottom