• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

123rl

Finally hit 34 on all three characters:) I wonder if I'm the only one here to do that without owning a Gjallorhorn? OddOne kindly let me use his checkpoint three times just now. My rewards: Ascendant Energy x 6, Ascendant Energy/Shards x 3 each, Ascendant Shards x 6. I have the worst luck!

18675136746_36c274a9e3_z.jpg

Kyoufu

So I just reforged my Ash Factory rocket launcher and ended up with Tripod and Grenades & Horseshoes. Should I reforge to get tracking and cluster bombs instead or is Tripod better than clusters?

So I just reforged my Ash Factory rocket launcher and ended up with Tripod and Grenades & Horseshoes. Should I reforge to get tracking and cluster bombs instead or is Tripod better than clusters?

Seems like you got an awesome PVP launcher, don't reforge if that is what you were going for.

Anyone want to do POE? 32/34

ocean

Banned
Tripod and horseshoes is the best PvP roll. If middle row perk has some boost to velocity all the better but that's a keeper.

Really, Ash Factory with tripod and proximity detonation is a PvP beast. Tracking and cluster are good for PvE but don't give up this PvP roll.

Kyoufu

Tripod and horseshoes is the best PvP roll. If middle row perk has some boost to velocity all the better but that's a keeper.

Really, Ash Factory with tripod and proximity detonation is a PvP beast. Tracking and cluster are good for PvE but don't give up this PvP roll.

Okay I reforged again and ended up with:

Tripod
Tracking
Javelin

I assume this is the best PVP roll?

ocean

Banned

Tripod
Tracking
Javelin

Proximity is more useful than tracking in PvP so that was a mini downgrade but it's still very good :)

This is personal opinion btw I'm not a PvP expert. The thing is, tracking requires locking on and aiming more precisely. With high blast radius high velocity rockets, proximity lets you just shoot rockets without aiming. Just shoot in their direction and even if your rocket misses, it'll blow up while moving past them and kill them.

Tripod
Tracking
Javelin

I find proximity to be better for PvP. It's much easier to almost hit someone with proximity than to actually hit them with tracking. Especially when they're blinking all over the place.

Lima

Also probably the best roll you can go for is clown cartridge, flared mag, grenade and horseshoes.
Yeah only one rocket sucks on certain situations so you need to play it a bit smart but you can't really beat clown cartridge in PvP. Who doesn't like free rockets?

noomi

Morning DGAF!

- All PoE35's completed for the week
- All gear leveled
- Bounties Finished

Now what? Wait for ToO and play some crucible I guess....

Siaynoqq

Tripod
Tracking
Javelin

Not really sure how you got that from his response. Better roll would be proximity and tripod, as ocean initially stated (and what you initially rolled).

Edit: Javelin is icing on the cake if base velocity is less than stellar.

Urgh I made a noob mistake.

Wasted my armour core to use the judgements chance on my 34 lock. Should've switched it to my level 30 hunter so I could get the 42 boots and made my hunter level 32. Now I can't get the boots because I can't run 32 PoE. FML.

Need to grind faction rep now as I can't buy vendor items on my hunter yet :I

A question for sunbros.

When you use radiance / fireborn from death do you come back with full health and shields ?

Yep!

Lvl34 PoE was laughably easy this week. Or atleast, Silvertounge and Mango make excellent teammates. No wipes and powered through.

Thanks for the quick run.

Lima

You know I'm actually kinda amazed by how fast certain news spread throughout the Destiny community. Crucible is already filled up with Gunslingers running swarm grenades. You find at least one every match.

You know I'm actually kinda amazed by how fast certain news spread throughout the Destiny community. Crucible is already filled up with Gunslingers running swarm grenades. You find at least one every match.
What is this news? I saw people using swarm grenades on the unstable stream and got confused since no one uses that shit.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Yeah haha, I guess its because of Destiny Reddit. It's a gigantic community with lots of active users.

SkylineRKR

I find proximity to be better for PvP. It's much easier to almost hit someone with proximity than to actually hit them with tracking. Especially when they're blinking all over the place.

Tracking is utter shit in PvP. Too many sightlines blocking, and you need to scope. Horseshoes is a matter of hip firing into the direction of opponents. Even if they're airborne, just fire slightly to where their flight goes to. It will detonate anyway.

Lima

Tracking is utter shit in PvP. Too many sightlines blocking, and you need to scope. Horseshoes is a matter of hip firing into the direction of opponents. Even if they're airborne, just fire slightly to where their flight goes to. It will detonate anyway.

The truth.

Top Bottom