• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Kyoufu

Not really sure how you got that from his response. Better roll would be proximity and tripod, as ocean initially stated (and what you initially rolled).

Edit: Javelin is icing on the cake if base velocity is less than stellar.

Uh, oops, I meant PVE, not PVP. I'm basically after a rocket launcher that tracks bosses since I don't have any of the top tier launchers yet.

If you reforge a gun that's been ascended, it won't go back down to 331, will it? That would be really stupid if it did, but I wouldn't put it past bungie. I wanna ascend a couple of weapons but I know I will reforge them later, I just happen to be running REALLY low on weapon parts.

noomi

Already been seeing it in Elimination, and using it for fun myself. Ran up against 3 Hunters today. Had a moment like: Don't. Touch. The. Grenades.

Not really. We've faced such teams before. It's really, really easy to mess up with the scatter grenade thingy.

Hmm I'm not familiar. I'll have to look this up later.

Played a clash game before , ugh so many gg

Teams of 3 hunters will be scary this weekend haha. Unless they address it in todays weekly update or stealth patch it, I imagine people will certainly take the advantage...

Trials practice tonight!

Hell yeah man, I'm going to rock some of that when I get out of work. If I'm online lets team up.

I want to test my the new rolls on Her Benevolence

LiK

Felt like a noob in normal PVP last night. I first came back to PVP during IB and the normalization screwed me up so much. Gonna probably go back to my old setup.

noomi

Felt like a noob in normal PVP last night. I first came back to PVP during IB and the normalization screwed me up so much. Gonna probably go back to my old setup.

We did ok for the short time we played, then again Rubenov is a great pvp'r :p

Zoidberg

If you reforge a gun that's been ascended, it won't go back down to 331, will it? That would be really stupid if it did, but I wouldn't put it past bungie. I wanna ascend a couple of weapons but I know I will reforge them later, I just happen to be running REALLY low on weapon parts.

It goes down to 331 and the etheric light is not refunded. Only ascend stuff you plan on keeping.

Wanted to see for myself the body of the Cabal on the Moon map, Cauldron.

Jacked up the exposure so it wasn't so dark.

MuNZ8YX.jpg

I wonder if this is a subtle hint at what is coming with The Taken King...

LiK

We did ok for the short time we played, then again Rubenov is a great pvp'r :p

Well yea, Ruben is way more aggressive in 3v3 than what I'm used to as well. When I used to play Skirmish, my groups would wait for them to come to us. We did well so I'm used to that playstyle. I do not like rushing in at all. If we play ToO I'm sticking with my methods that work for me.

Also, I let Ruben know that I had family distractions last night so I wasn't paying attention to the matches 100%.

Gammacide

Still need to run PoE 32/34 with my hunter. Any takers? Never done 35 before but once I do 34 I'll be able to ascend my last piece of gear to be 34 to make it more manageable.

ocean

Banned

Reforging will knock it back down. To be fair, they warn you. When you hover over the reforge option the text reads:
"Reforges a currently equipped weapon, changing its available upgrades but resetting any progression or ascension."

gunsmithreforge-720x406.jpg

Basically, don't drop Etheric Light on anything until you get the exact perk roll you're shooting for.

noomi

Definitely. What did you get on HB? That gun is great in PVP.

I got damn near the perfect rolls... I've bolded the ones I am using.

Her Benevolence:

- Hawkeye SLR15
- Longview SLR10
- Ambush SLH25

- Hidden Hand

- Speed Reload
- High Caliber Rounds
- Rifled Barrel

- Unflinching

Longview scope gives the most aim assist, but people seem to think that ambush is better.... I don't know.... Also my 2nd tree of perks was kind of shitty, but I didn't want to lose hidden hand/unflinching so I kept it.

This is the guide I used: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...sniper_rifle_and_reforging_tier_list_for_pvp/

Well yea, Ruben is way more aggressive in 3v3 than what I'm used to as well. When I used to play Skirmish, my groups would wait for them to come to us. We did well so I'm used to that playstyle. I do not like rushing in at all. If we play ToO I'm sticking with my methods that work for me.

Ruben is on a whole other level lol. I try not to be too aggressive because it usually backfires on me, but when the opportunity presents itself you gotta get right in there and mess people up.

I also prefer hanging back a bit and letting people come to me, but sadly in trials you can't always do that and need to adjust your play-style to the opposing team.... this is my weakness :(

LiK

Ruben is on a whole other level lol. I try not to be too aggressive because it usually backfires on me, but when the opportunity presents itself you gotta get right in there and mess people up.

I also prefer hanging back a bit and letting people come to me, but in trials you can't always do that and need to adjust your play-style to the opposing team.

Both ToO groups I played with hanged back an waited for the other team to attack and we did fine. Got Flawless that way. We only rush if we definitely know where the last guy is.

Anyway, I was joining in for casual 3v3 so I wasn't playing at my best as mentioned earlier.

PuMa

I got damn near the perfect rolls... I've bolded the ones I am using.

Her Benevolence:

- Hawkeye SLR15
- Longview SLR10
- Ambush SLH25

- Hidden Hand

- Speed Reload
- High Caliber Rounds
- Rifled Barrel

- Unflinching

Longview scope gives the most aim assist, but people seem to think that ambush is better.... I don't know.... Also my 2nd tree of perks was kind of shitty, but I didn't want to lose hidden hand/unflinching so I kept it.

Yeah, Ambush isn't great IMO. Shortgaze and Longview10 are much better. Great rolls!

noomi

Both ToO groups I played with hanged back an waited for the other team to attack and we did fine. Got Flawless that way. We only rush if we definitely know where the last guy is.

Anyway, I was joining in for casual 3v3 so I wasn't playing at my best as mentioned earlier.

It's all very situational. I've had both strats work very well and also fail (aggressive and non-aggressive), whatever gets you the win is the best tactic :)

Understandable, there was no pressure to get to mercury, I was trying out different weapon setups to see what works good.

Seriously, is there a point to Dreg's Promise besides using up an exotic slot on a terrible weapon? Surely it must have a good use under some very specific situations. I just haven't found them.

LiK

It's all very situational. I've had both strats work very well and also fail (aggressive and non-aggressive), whatever gets you the win is the best tactic :)

Understandable, there was no pressure to get to mercury, I was trying out different weapon setups to see what works good.

Pretty annoying that almost every team was using Thorns. I miss the days when Thorn was a rare weapon in PVP. I'm gonna practice with the Thorn cuz I want those assholes to enjoy the annoyance of that DoT filter on their screens.

It goes down to 331 and the etheric light is not refunded. Only ascend stuff you plan on keeping.

Reforging will knock it back down. To be fair, they warn you. When you hover over the reforge option the text reads:
"Reforges a currently equipped weapon, changing its available upgrades but resetting any progression or ascension."

gunsmithreforge-720x406.jpg

Basically, don't drop Etheric Light on anything until you get the exact perk roll you're shooting for.
Oh damn. Thanks guys. I never actually checked what the text said. Looks like I'll continue to use some of these 331 weapons for a while. Really wanted 365 Her Benevolence, but it looks like it will have to wait.

noomi

Seriously, is there a point to Dreg's Promise besides using up an exotic slot on a terrible weapon? Surely it must have a good use under some very specific situations. I just haven't found them.

It's just one of those "fun" weapons, not very useful at the moment

Someone posted a video of the dregs promise taking down a knights shields very quickly though.... that's about it :p

LiK

Is it time to start dismantling dupes.
Extra fb, visions etc. Item management is bbecoming cumbersome

It's less painful with the ability to easily move gear now but yea, all those days of upgrading the dupes is pretty much wasted without more vault space. I already shared most of those IB drops. Useless ARs are the first to go.

Can someone explain the hunter GG glitch or link me to a video. I want to know what to look out for.

It's basically using a swarm grenade, each little thing that hits fills your bar up a good chunk. My question is, is it a glitch or just a broken game mechanic that needs fixing relating to a perk?

Ewww I have to use ATS/8 Arachnid to get the Ashes to Asset perk :(
Wow, my already ascended Crota helmet has it, along with my maxed Spines. I won't use it ToO (I'll keep telling myself.)
Anyone have a PSN link to the HoW theme?

I'm not getting the notification that I can download it.
The notification comes with an auto-entering code. It won't be unlocked on your account without it.

Top Bottom