• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

It's less painful with the ability to easily move gear now but yea, all those days of upgrading the dupes is pretty much wasted without more vault space. I already shared most of those IB drops. Useless ARs are the first to go.
My problem is I see potential in way too much shit, so I hang on to damn near everything. My Shadow Price and Vanquisher are going nowhere.

Kyoufu

Does opening the Gorgon CP chest on an alt mean you're locked out from getting loot from the Templar boss on that alt or does it not matter?

LiK

My problem is I see potential in way too much shit, so I hang on to damn near everything. My Shadow Price and Vanquisher are going nowhere.

I'm keeping most guns that were from base game like Shadow Price since they no longer drop. I also need to get rid of the insane amount of Fusions I keep getting. I don't even use them.

MrMuscle

Yesterday I went and tried Skolas for the first time. Went in with a solid group (Ashler and DragonPunch), all 34s. It was a challenge getting to him, but we did fine. But hit a brick wall when we got to Skolas. It didnt help that I still havent gotten a Gjallarhorn.

We tried most all tactics we could find but we just couldnt do it. It kinda soured me on the fight so Im not sure ill try it again this week. But some day!

Oh damn. Thanks guys. I never actually checked what the text said. Looks like I'll continue to use some of these 331 weapons for a while. Really wanted 365 Her Benevolence, but it looks like it will have to wait.

i was just talking to my friends about this last night... shit

it sucks because i have a few guns i'd like to ascend and TRY and figured if things didn't work out i'd reforge them. Just assumed it would at least stay ascended.

so on that note, pulse rifles. which perks are considered the best if you're looking for a good pvp weapon? right now it has 3rd eye and the one where missing a shot fires a 4th one. Any suggestions??

A random LFG jerk joined my POE 34 last night.

I was 34, and had a 33.5 with me. He joins my party.

Him: We're going to struggle with that 33.
Me: He's with me and he's staying.
Him: Well do you have max gally at least?
Me: No. We're going to take out the boss normally. If that's not what you're looking for, maybe you should find another group.

He says nothing, but stays. We complete the first round.
In the airlock he starts up again.

Him: You need to drop that 33.
Me: I already said I'm not going to do that.
Him: Don't you want to take out the boss fast.
Me: I just want to get this done. If you want a faster group, there's plenty of what you're looking for on LFG.

He sighs and we do round two. No problems.

In the airlock.
Him: We need Gjallarhorns for the boss.
Me: I told you when you joined that we don't have them.
He sighs again.

Round three. We wipe once in the second wave because there is no communication going on. He disconnects.

This shit pisses me off for two reasons (and I know... don't play with random idiots, but I've generally had decent luck with quick PUGs in Destiny).

1. I was open with him from the beginning that we weren't the standard MAX EVERYTHING uber group. I would have been totally cool if he left immediately.

2. The quick boss-burn strategy might be great for fast loot, but it's makes boss encounters boring. Beating Quodron legit for the first time last week was the most satisfying experience out of House of Wolves so far.

Anyway, I don't mind a little bit of cheese here and there, but I hope Bungie finds new ways to design future boss battles so that everyone has to work together more instead of just everyone popping their Heavy synths.

Wanted to see for myself the body of the Cabal on the Moon map, Cauldron.

Jacked up the exposure so it wasn't so dark.

MuNZ8YX.jpg

I wonder if this is a subtle hint at what is coming with The Taken King...

Looks like a normal Cabal to me. Here's a pic I took of one a while back:

nVHCiy6.jpg

Sofa King

Yesterday I went and tried Skolas for the first time. Went in with a solid group (Ashler and DragonPunch), all 34s. It was a challenge getting to him, but we did fine. But hit a brick wall when we got to Skolas. It didnt help that I still havent gotten a Gjallarhorn.

We tried most all tactics we could find but we just couldnt do it. It kinda soured me on the fight so Im not sure ill try it again this week. But some day!

If you try again, void burn week is easiest for non Gally owners

LiK

Me: No. We're going to take out the boss normally. If that's not what you're looking for, maybe you should find another group.

Me: I just want to get this done. If you want a faster group, there's plenty of what you're looking for on LFG.

In the airlock.
He sighs again.

Round three. We wipe once in the second wave because there is no communication going on. He disconnects.

This shit pisses me off for two reasons (and I know... don't play with random idiots, but I've generally had decent luck with quick PUGs in Destiny).

1. I was open with him from the beginning that we weren't the standard MAX EVERYTHING uber group. I would have been totally cool if he left immediately.

2. The quick boss-burn strategy might be great for fast loot, but it's makes boss encounters boring. Beating Quodron legit for the first time last week was the most satisfying experience out of House of Wolves so far.

Anyway, I don't mind a little bit of cheese here and there, but I hope Bungie finds new ways to design future boss battles so that everyone has to work together more instead of just everyone popping their Heavy synths.

I like that he had the gall to tell you to drop someone that was already with you. LFG scumbags live up to their name.

Bladelaw

I tried the GG thing in control. Holy shit is that broken. I'm staying out of crucible until it's addressed. In PvE it's great fun and super (ha) easy to get the 3x super kills 20 times bounty. Finished it while I was working through Petra's bounties.

Kyoufu

For some reason, for a few days now I've been unable to sprint normally. I've had to hold down L3 at times. I googled it and a lot of people say it's something to do with the game and not the controller. Anyone know of a fix? :/

th3dude

Last night was a little frustrating. I am a person with few exotics and legendary weapons.

Ran a nightfall group using LFG. First group was myself (32), another 32, and a 30. We made it to the walker with ease, but then the other 32 left. Fail.

Found another group and ran it in about 15 minutes, so that was fine. However, I find Ice Breaker, the very first exotic I bought back at launch. Oh well, I thought, finally a shard to finish upgrading my Ice Breaker to 365.

Then I ran the weekly heroic. No issues, found a legendary special engram! Woo! My most lacking weapon slot. Can't wait to see what I get.

ICE BREAKER

Sigh. At least it is another shard to ascend my Gjally.

Then, I tried to run the 32 PoE with randoms. Most. Frustrating. Gaming. Event. Ever.

There were 2 problems: the other players refused to do the side missions, like mines and VIPs, which was frustrating. But we eventually got to the boss.

I regret not reading up on the boss, because it turns out he regens health, and apparently no one could figure out why.

Oh well, maybe I'll run 32 with some Gaffers instead.

Deku Tree

Wow, my already ascended Crota helmet has it, along with my maxed Spines. I won't use it ToO (I'll keep telling myself.)

The notification comes with an auto-entering code. It won't be unlocked on your account without it.

You have to wait for the notification because it's a redeemable code.

They send you a code to put in. Its not a real PSN page.

Oh since I bought on PS3 and used the promotion on PS4 to get The digital guardian edition I wonder if I'll ever get the notification. I can totally see them overlooking people like me.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

For what it's worth, you only really need Blackhammer or a good sniper for this part. A couple of us farmed him for 7 kills yesterday, and outside of some random times where we exploded, when you can stagger him quickly, it doesn't become a problem. Keep plugging at it with the standard bubble/sniper strategy and you'll beat him in no time.

LiK

For some reason, for a few days now I've been unable to sprint normally. I've had to hold down L3 at times. I googled it and a lot of people say it's something to do with the game and not the controller. Anyone know of a fix? :/

If it's constant, it's not the game, it's your stick. Probably started to wear out. I bought a new controller and it was fine again.

blazeuk

34 this week really isn't difficult and it has never needed 34 characters to do, pretty much everyone was under levelled the first time doing it. People asking for 34/Gjallarhorn on LFG websites is a huge indicator that they're not very good. This week's 34 is easier than 32 amazingly.

MrMuscle

If you try again, void burn week is easiest for non Gally owners

Good idea, thanks.

For what it's worth, you only really need Blackhammer or a good sniper for this part. A couple of us farmed him for 7 kills yesterday, and outside of some random times where we exploded, when you can stagger him quickly, it doesn't become a problem. Keep plugging at it with the standard bubble/sniper strategy and you'll beat him in no time.

Yeah i was using an ascended Black Hammer and running my titan. But we just didnt seem to be able to stop him from rushing us down. Probably a combination of 3 people not having done it before and not really getting our positioning down made it worse. Also the synth waiting kills me.

But im sure ill get him eventually!

Can someone explain the hunter GG glitch or link me to a video. I want to know what to look out for.

What you wanna look out for is Hunter running gear with the Ashes to Assets perk + Scatter Grenades. You see that combo and you just might be in for a bad time.

If it's constant, it's not the game, it's your stick. Probably started to wear out. I bought a new controller and it was fine again.

I've noticed this as well. I broke the triggers on my first PS4 controller, but I thought the sticks were just fine. When I got a my new one, I realized that I had completely worn out the sticks on the old one as well. They just don't make controllers like they used to.

I'm actually secretly hoping that we see a PS4 controller revision at E3 so that I can feel better about replacing my 'new' controller which is already starting to misbehave.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
#teamfirstry #teamepicsax #teamsnipers

noomi

Wow, my already ascended Crota helmet has it, along with my maxed Spines. I won't use it ToO (I'll keep telling myself.)

My Achlyophage Symbiote helm has the ashes to asset perk on it lmao, the perfect combo.

Haven't tried it and don't really plan on it.

Destiny PS4 for $14.99. Tell your friends!

I imagine some kind of collection with DLC is in the works once The Taken King is out.

Holy shit, what a deal!

In the airlock.
He sighs again.

Reminds me of an amusing experience i had recently.

Guy 1 was looking for 2 people with gally's. I joined as well as someone else (guy2), we start PoE 35. We start struggling on skolas and later realize guy2 didn't have a gally, even though guy 1 was only looking for people who did. now, the thing is, guy 1 was also a lower level, so doing a lot less damage.

so guy 2 proceeds to message me, saying we should somehow acquire party leader status and boot guy 1 and get another 34. it amused me, but it seemed like a dick thing to do. Especially considering guy 1 WAS asking for gally and guy 2 joined anyway, knowing he didn't have one.

so after still struggling, guy 1 informs us he needs to leave and go to tower to buy heavy ammo. so guy 1 leaves and gives me party leader status. (lol)

so now all i hear on the mic (from guy 2) is "hey, don't say anything, but i muted guy 1. let's just leave the party chat and start a new one, and get someone else in"

of course, i immediately hear guy 1 in party chat laughing and goes "uhh, so i guess this guy doesn't know how party chat works. i can hear everything"

i start laughing and immediately share with guy 2 that he was busted, the other guy heard it all. so guy 2 proceeds to leave the party but remain in the game. he sends me a message asking me to leave the party and join his, ditching guy 1 still.

Instead, i re-invite guy 1, and give him back party leader status. I told him i want no part in this, haha. He proceeds to boot guy 2, who then sends us nasty messages saying we're shit and he'll find another group and beat it before us anyway.

I sent him a message 10 min later saying it took us 2 tries after he left for us to finish it, haha.

Gammacide

Do you have Gjallarhorn or Black Hammer?
I was afraid you were going to ask that. No, haven't got either. Looking for raid groups too so I can ideally get both of those. Not for lack of trying. :) it's ok if you don't want me as it sounds pretty darn tough this week. Maybe I'll wait for void week again while I run my last through 32/34. Thanks anyway.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Good idea, thanks.

Yeah i was using an ascended Black Hammer and running my titan. But we just didnt seem to be able to stop him from rushing us down. Probably a combination of 3 people not having done it before and not really getting our positioning down made it worse. Also the synth waiting kills me.

But im sure ill get him eventually!
The trickiest part is just making sure you stagger him before he teleports too close or has a chance to kill you with the scorch cannon. I feel like because it's solar burn, the splash damage from the rocket against a Titan bubble can nearly one shot you.

And yeah, the most terrible part of PoE design is that they don't refill your ammo after you fail. It makes no sense that they don't change that behaviour unless they assume no one will die doing these arenas.

LiK

I've noticed this as well. I broke the triggers on my first PS4 controller, but I thought the sticks were just fine. When I got a my new one, I realized that I had completely worn out the sticks on the old one as well. They just don't make controllers like they used to.

I'm actually secretly hoping that we see a PS4 controller revision at E3 so that I can feel better about replacing my 'new' controller which is already starting to misbehave.

Yea, the launch PS4 controllers had shoddy builds. Even Sony acknowledged it by saying all the new ones were improved. My old one even had squeaky triggers before the stick died.

Another way to test if your sticks are worn out is to try and WALK in Tower by simply nudging the stick one way. If your character is struggling, it means it's broken.

I was afraid you were going to ask that. No, haven't got either. Looking for raid groups too so I can ideally get both of those. Not for lack of trying. :) it's ok if you don't want me as it sounds pretty darn thought this week. Maybe I'll wait for void week again while I run my last through 32/34. Thanks anyway.
No worries man. It is tough w/ needing solar weapons. Just trying to save us all some frustration lol

ethomaz

Banned

You can get him with a good solar sniper too except Ice Breaker that is useless due the low ammo.

noomi

So... if I ran Skolas and did not receive loot from the kill, i can run it again for a possible chance of him dropping something?

Is this still a thing, or did they fix it?

Rubenov

Man, remember when the Ice Breaker was the most beloved sniper gun? I've rarely seen it being used these days.
I've seen it used at Trials quite a bit... I imagine it's to avoid having to go for special ammo everytime. It also has good aim assist, but kicks like a mule.

ich00

So the Skolas fight is just aggravating. Two friends and I (we got him last week without much issue) spent the better part of an hour and a half trying to take him down from various parts of the map. We used a combination of black hammers and 'horns and just couldn’t get enough dps on him.

Is going to the right and using Black Hammer the best strat? It seemed like it took 3 shots to stagger him, so he kept teleporting closer to us. Which just caused bad times.

Deku Tree

So... if I ran Skolas and did not receive loot from the kill, i can run it again for a possible chance of him dropping something?

Is this still a thing, or did they fix it?

It was never a thing. Once Skolas dies once there is no chance of a second loot drop. You can run it multiple times for points in the cypher bounty though.

Shito

Man, remember when the Ice Breaker was the most beloved sniper gun? I've rarely seen it being used these days.
Black Hammer and that shotgun buff happened.
I used Ice Breaker aaaaall the time before that, now I'm considering getting rid of my two dupes...

LiK

I've seen it used at Trials quite a bit... I imagine it's to avoid having to go for special ammo everytime. It also has good aim assist, but kicks like a mule.

I only saw it being used once in a IB match. But that's about it. Pretty rare sight. It does bring back memories when I hear it being used. I haven't even bothered ascending mine.

But that's true, the special weapon ammo does it make it feasible for Trials

Top Bottom