• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

After many attempts at re-rolling I finally got a pretty much perfect Her Benevolence (perks I'm using in bold):

Scopes:
Hawkeye
ShortGaze
Ambush

1st Perk:
Hidden Hand

2nd Perk:
Snapshot
Custom Optics
Casket Mag

3rd Perk:
Unflinching

I kind of wanted it to be void, but I'll live with an arc.

I have one day to get used to the jumper button layout before Trials tomorrow. The default controller setup is just not fluid enough for sweaty matches.

I'm on day 3 of jumper. Most stuff comes pretty fast, it's really just melee that messes me up. Occasionally I'll throw a grenade when I want to melee, which feels real dumb.

Deku Tree

Anyone know how I call Sony Customer service about warranty service on my DS4?
Where do I find the phone number?

Thx

edit: figured it out thx

Under a flash flood watch. If my house gets swept away. Zoba gets all my stuff that still works and this is the best community evaaaaa. Those are my Last Words. 😏

42MgPKa.jpg

ich00

farmed skolas 7x in ~2.5 hours w/ down time last night. 3x black hammer wrecks. Just don't miss.

I'm going to have to tell my firneds to git gudder at sniping...

Going to the left you mean? The right side is something of a deathtrap

We tried left and had zero luck there. Went right to the cheesey rock and tried from there but couldn't get him stun locked quick enough, so he would teleport close enough to kill us with that stupid cannon he has.

blazeuk

Yeah but now they just need to hit you, not even kill you.

What's the setup needed for it? I have both a helmet and Ahamkara's Spine with the Ashes to Asset perk and just hitting people was doing...not much. Thought it was fairly rubbish, tripmines are much more effective.

I also kind of hate myself for wanting to re-roll my Matador 64 when it already has everything I want except Kneepads. I need to resist though, otherwise this will become an addiction.

Lee

What's the setup needed for it? I have both a helmet and Ahamkara's Spine with the Ashes to Asset perk and just hitting people was doing...not much. Thought it was fairly rubbish, tripmines are much more effective.

I think having high intellect is important, as is the level of the enemy you're hitting with the scatter grenades.

Haven't tried it myself, but I'm keeping my eye on it so I know what to look out for in trials this weekend. I don't really see it being a huge issue; if people want to run at me with a scatter grenade trying to boost their super, go for it. My messenger has a... message.. for them.

Jesus that was bad.

Yep another 3x 34 #ForeverNoHorn

Same here.. Well, I will be. The next thing I'm doing is running 32 PoE for the Armor core, giving it to my Hunter, then I'll be 34/34/34. I don't even want a horn that bad (I prefer machine guns to rocket launchers), but it certainly would make grouping with certain segments of the community much easier.

Anyone ever solo the summoning pits for thorn? I can get that door decoded 2/3 but those wizards fuck me up. Hunter btw.
I solo'd it. Treat the wizard situation like nightfall. Lure them out into the hallway, run like hell, and try to damage them a little bit at a time from a safe distance. You'll only have a few seconds before they retreat into the main room, but if you're persistent, it will happen.

Anyone ever solo the summoning pits for thorn? I can get that door decoded 2/3 but those wizards fuck me up. Hunter btw.

That thing is a pain to solo. It's basically a Nightfall with no burn and they tweaked the way the mob you have to kill is spawned so that you have to drop the boss down to 25% health or lower and clear out each wave of adds before he shows up. It's a long and tedious process. Better to try to find a group for it.

noomi

After many attempts at re-rolling I finally got a pretty much perfect Her Benevolence (perks I'm using in bold):

Scopes:
Hawkeye
ShortGaze
Ambush

1st Perk:
Hidden Hand

2nd Perk:
Snapshot
Custom Optics
Casket Mag

3rd Perk:
Unflinching

I kind of wanted it to be void, but I'll live with an arc.

That IS the perfect roll, exactly what I wanted!

I miss ether chest farming :(

When you can only pick it up once there's just no urgency in trying to find the chest ASAP so you can try racing for it 3 or 4 times. It's just... ehhh I'll find it within a minute or so and maybe get an engram and a key, maybe not. Sad. They didn't need to patch it.

Korosenai

I was playing Halo CE yesterday, and though I've never connected the two together, The Last Word is very similar to the Halo CE Pistol. Kind of makes me want to use The Last Word more in Destiny, though I'll probably still just stick with Thorn.

Messiek

I miss ether chest farming :(

When you can only pick it up once there's just no urgency in trying to find the chest ASAP so you can try racing for it 3 or 4 times. It's just... ehhh I'll find it within a minute or so and maybe get an engram and a key, maybe not. Sad. They didn't need to patch it.

Nah, you probably think like that because you were lucky with the chests before. I got barely a key before the patch and I farmed for days. If it wasn't for this patch I wouldn't even play anymore.

Think I finally got a keeper roll on one of my guns.

Void Her Benevolence for PVE (Skolas primarily): ShortGaze, Tripe Tap, Casket Mag, Grenadier

Considering I'll be using my titan, and his nades are void, this roll seems pretty perfect for a void burn Skolas. This one is going to 365 and waiting in the vault until void burn comes back around to PoE 35. Combine that with my 365 Word of Crota and my 365 Corrective Measure, I should be good.
nice! you're loaded for bear!

Nah, you probably think like that because you were lucky with the chests before. I got barely a key before the patch and I farmed for days. If it wasn't for this patch I wouldn't even play anymore.

No, it's not that I wanted keys. It was the engrams, glimmer, mats, etc. The rush came from racing to get the chest 2, 3, 4 times from a single Wolfpack. That was where it was fun. Removing that and it's just a hollow public event with a mediocre chest reward.

EL CUCO

Dropped Skolas twice this week so far. Both times with Spamarhorn technique. Did it from the left side the first time with bubble, and last night using the back far right side of the arena without bubble.

I think I'll be sticking to the back right side. Skolas doesn't teleport as quickly to you, and dont have to worry about a shank eating your rocket. Also a bit more open incase you have to dodge a few scorch shots from Skolass.

Deku Tree

Dropped Skolas twice this week so far. Both times with Spamarhorn technique. Did it from the left side the first time with bubble, and last night using the back far right side of the arena without bubble.

I think I'll be sticking to the back right side. Skolas doesn't teleport as quickly to you, and dont have to worry about a shank eating your rocket. Also a bit more open incase you have to dodge a few scorch shots from Skolass.

Yeah the right side head glitch spot is much better. Only problem is only two people can really safely stand in there I think. Otherwise most of his shots can't even hit you.

No 34 next? I did 32 the other day but have never done 34 or 35. Ideally that'll be today.

I'll do 34 though I've never tried it before.

I/we may be doing 34 today. Just needed a break earlier.

At the moment I just have Sanction Custom chest Armour, don't know if I want to change it or slog thru 34 for an Etheric Light etc....

All right. Got one more 34 POE to do this week. need some advise
- Should I use Etheric light to upgrade weopons or get to level 34 pronto. I dont want to waste E light when I could just get armor core to get to 34. granted Vericks needs to bring either a helmet or a chest peice next week to do so. (I already used one to max FB)
- there are so many differnt new types of guns now. Should I start dismanting dupes. FB, VIsion, BH, HoC ect.. Should I keep them or toss them. Ive already dismanted all exotic dupes with the exception of Ghorn. kept 3 fully maxed ones

after i'm done with this weapon part data bullshit, i'm gonna do one for unflinching scopes.

nobody believes me. i must defend my honor.

Personally, I can't wait to see that. You've been preaching short gaze from day one, and I'm a convert.

I'd rather SG than anything else, plus hidden hand. It just feels right.

All right. Got one more 34 POE to do this week. need some advise
- Should I use Etheric light to upgrade weopons or get to level 34 pronto. I dont want to waste E light when I could just get armor core to get to 34. granted Vericks needs to bring either a helmet or a chest peice next week to do so. (I already used one to max FB)
- there are so many differnt new types of guns now. Should I start dismanting dupes. FB, VIsion, BH, HoC ect.. Should I keep them or toss them. Ive already dismanted all exotic dupes with the exception of Ghorn. kept 3 fully maxed ones

I'd go for 34 first. Etheric light starts dropping pretty quickly if you're doing multiple PoEs, NFs, and ToOs every week.

Top Bottom