• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

ethomaz

Banned
So the Skolas fight is just aggravating. Two friends and I (we got him last week without much issue) spent the better part of an hour and a half trying to take him down from various parts of the map. We used a combination of black hammers and 'horns and just couldn’t get enough dps on him.

Is going to the right and using Black Hammer the best strat? It seemed like it took 3 shots to stagger him, so he kept teleporting closer to us. Which just caused bad times.
All I can say to you is if you shot him from long range he won't teleport and stay being staggered with BH.

Try to not miss any critical shot to don't need to reload.

How much rep does Poe 28 give you. And can you farm it?
About 100 total per run... you need to play again to farm.

noomi

Man, remember when the Ice Breaker was the most beloved sniper gun? I've rarely seen it being used these days.

Ice breaker used to be the best for soloing nightfalls :D

It was never a thing. Once Skolas dies once there is no chance of a second loot drop. You can run it multiple times for points in the cypher bounty though.

Ah damn, ok... I must have misunderstood, there was a reddit thread about 2 weeks back that said you could wipe at mines and try to kill him again to get loot.

Looks like I'm done with Skolas this week, loot was weak :|

ethomaz

Banned
Man, remember when the Ice Breaker was the most beloved sniper gun? I've rarely seen it being used these days.
I found IB useless since beginning due the lack of shots and the time to recover them.

I remember how I got pissed in the Oracle part using IB because it not refill fast enough to kill more than 2 Oracles.

My Achlyophage Symbiote helm has the ashes to asset perk on it lmao, the perfect combo.

Haven't tried it and don't really plan on it.
The point of having a purple helmet with it is that you can use it with Ahamkara's Spine which also has it. The glitch is about stacking the perk X 3.

Finally hit 34 on all three characters:) I wonder if I'm the only one here to do that without owning a Gjallorhorn? OddOne kindly let me use his checkpoint three times just now. My rewards: Ascendant Energy x 6, Ascendant Energy/Shards x 3 each, Ascendant Shards x 6. I have the worst luck!

18675136746_36c274a9e3_z.jpg

I'm in the same boat forever Gjallyless.

noomi

The point of having a purple helmet with it is that you can use it with Ahamkara's Spine which also has it. The glitch is about stacking the perk X 3.

Ahhh ok, didn't know that, makes sense. Oh well... I don't really plan on messing with it anyway.

ich00

Hmm just got a notification on PSN about a free house of wolves theme for season pass owners...

New?

I think it was given out to people who pre-ordered HoW but people who had bought the season pass / digital guardian / whatever version that alos included HoW didn't get it. So they're sedning out codes now, I got mine yesterday. It looks pretty cool.

Bladelaw

I think it was given out to people who pre-ordered HoW but people who had bought the season pass / digital guardian / whatever version that alos included HoW didn't get it. So they're sedning out codes now, I got mine yesterday. It looks pretty cool.

The sounds are really unpleasant but it does look good. Anyone know of a way to change the sounds to PS4 default?

good morning DGAF. im mean an unusually good mood today

anyone know what the current best loot cave is? is it still the staircase on the steppes?

ive got some farming to do...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
For some reason, for a few days now I've been unable to sprint normally. I've had to hold down L3 at times. I googled it and a lot of people say it's something to do with the game and not the controller. Anyone know of a fix? :/
I had this problem but it absolutely was the controller. Pissed me off as it was not at all old (I only bought the PS4 bundle with Destiny).
Yea, the launch PS4 controllers had shoddy builds. Even Sony acknowledged it by saying all the new ones were improved. My old one even had squeaky triggers before the stick died.

Another way to test if your sticks are worn out is to try and WALK in Tower by simply nudging the stick one way. If your character is struggling, it means it's broken.
Yeah, that's exactly what was going on.

I still haven't exchanged/replaced that controller.... hmm..

Nuszka

Ahhh ok, didn't know that, makes sense. Oh well... I don't really plan on messing with it anyway.

Just tested it out , my ToO helmet has it , stacked with exotic gauntlets, int, dis maxed , this is so bugged. Thing is it says that ashes to asset you need to kill to replenish, any damage will do , so i did a clash game : one grenade = full super. Fix it pls.

So the Skolas fight is just aggravating. Two friends and I (we got him last week without much issue) spent the better part of an hour and a half trying to take him down from various parts of the map. We used a combination of black hammers and 'horns and just couldn’t get enough dps on him.

Is going to the right and using Black Hammer the best strat? It seemed like it took 3 shots to stagger him, so he kept teleporting closer to us. Which just caused bad times.
farmed skolas 7x in ~2.5 hours w/ down time last night. 3x black hammer wrecks. Just don't miss.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Going to the left you mean? The right side is something of a deathtrap

Rubenov

I have one day to get used to the jumper button layout before Trials tomorrow. The default controller setup is just not fluid enough for sweaty matches.

Top Bottom