• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

stb

LOL. I logged on late so I missed getting into a PoE or raid with science, so I wound up running 3 NFs with Verde and another GAFer. We three then did one 32 PoE and that was pretty much it for me. I was really tired and needed to log off earlier than I had been the previous week lol. I still want to try and do the 35 this week, but just doing 3 34s would be nice!

Thanks for the response; at least it seems like you guys got some stuff done.

I prob won't be around; my best shot is Saturday afternoon. Feel free to send me a message on PSN. If I'm able I'll jump in.

Looks like a normal Cabal to me. Here's a pic I took of one a while back:

nVHCiy6.jpg

Oh, I should clarify haha... It's not the Cabal that's different- it's that he's on the moon. Given the speculation that The Taken are current known races that are "controlled" by Oryx, it would be a neat hint by putting a Cabal soldier on the moon. Why else would he be there?

Just speculating here. :)

Oh, I should clarify haha... It's not the Cabal that's different- it's that he's on the moon. Given the speculation that The Taken are current known races that are "controlled" by Oryx, it would be a neat hint by putting a Cabal soldier on the moon. Why else would he be there?

I always thought of the Cauldron as this mishmash pit of lost things from all over. Like a stew :p

Where is this?

Deku Tree

OMG I try to boot destiny and my PS4 gets caught in some kind of weird infinite loop where it pops to the "application update" page and then it pops quickly back to the "main screen" with Destiny highlighted and then goes back and forth... this happens every single time I press x when I'm highlighting Destiny... it doesn't happen when I try to boot other games... what should I do? I rebooted my PS4, I turned it off and on, and the same thing keeps happening... any advice?

OMG I try to boot destiny and my PS4 gets caught in some kind of weird infinite loop where it pops to the "application update" page and then it pops quickly back to the "main screen" with Destiny highlighted and then goes back and forth... this happens every single time I press x when I'm highlighting Destiny... it doesn't happen when I try to boot other games... what should I do? I rebooted my PS4, I turned it off and on, and the same thing keeps happening... any advice?
Delete destiny and reinstall

LordofPwn

re-install?
re-build database?

zewone

after i'm done with this weapon part data bullshit, i'm gonna do one for unflinching scopes.

nobody believes me. i must defend my honor.

What in your opinion makes the Hieracon-LR5 so good, as I see it only has 22 Aim Assist?

I have one with Shortgaze, Unflinching, and Fitted Stock, but I can't see to do as well as a legendary rifle.

Mindlog

Her Benevolence and Shadow of Veils are my favorite HoW snipers by far.

Got my fifth elder cipher.
What am I supposed to do with five elder ciphers?

Did you try to DL the sharefactory theme? If so, delete that and it should be fixed. You don't need to delete Destiny entirely.

I did the same exact thing when I was searching for the HoW theme, lol

Edit: Hope you read this before you delete and have to re-download 27 GB =(

Deku Tree

Got my fifth elder cipher.
What am I supposed to do with five elder ciphers?

I just got my fourth. I already did the first one completely. So I'm keeping three just in case one of them bugs out and doesn't let me pick up the weapon at the end.

The good news is you can just keep them in your inventory and do the bounty without going out of your way or doing anything extra at all if you plan on regularly doing the PoE content. It will just take longer. I guess this would give you exotic shards.

Otherwise just delete it if you don't care and you want the extra bounty slot space.

Deku Tree

Did you try to DL the sharefactory theme? If so, delete that and it should be fixed. You don't need to delete Destiny entirely.

I did the same exact thing when I was searching for the HoW theme, lol

Edit: Hope you read this before you delete and have to re-download 27 GB =(

That sounds like a weird conflict... how did you find out that one thing caused the other?

anyway I didn't try to download share factory or anything like that so I don't believe that was my problem... and I did already delete and start re-installing Destiny... good thing I wasn't planning on playing at all for a while...

do you get faster download rates in rest mode or with full power on?

Qwell

after i'm done with this weapon part data bullshit, i'm gonna do one for unflinching scopes.

nobody believes me. i must defend my honor.
Saw your earlier post looking for a good loot cave for farming, I assume you ran into the same problem as me and need some weapon parts. Might I suggest what I did this past weekend. I would think you would have a stack of shards collecting dust like I had. And if not, you could at least glimmer farm for the cash monies.

ToO is coming up tomorrow, and that 500 glimmer gun netted me about 300 weapon parts in about 15 minutes flying between the tower and reef.

yNOxJR.gif

Saw your earlier post looking for a good loot cave for farming, I assume you ran into the same problem as me and need some weapon parts. Might I suggest what I did this past weekend. I would think you would have a stack of shards collecting dust like I had. And if not, you could at least glimmer farm for the cash monies.

ToO is coming up tomorrow, and that 500 glimmer gun netted me about 300 weapon parts in about 15 minutes flying between the tower and reef.

yNOxJR.gif
#dead

Finally beat Skolas for the first time last night. We wrecked him. Killed him so quickly. Got my first elder cipher. I grabbed the Queen breakers bow.

SgtCobra

Rolled a Low-Grade Hunility with Shortgaze SLH10, Hidden Hand, Injection Mold and Surplus.
I'd love to hve that Unflinching perk but using more than 274 motes is a bit too much for me...

Any thoughts? Should I keep it? Is it competitive enough?

That sounds like a weird conflict... how did you find out that one thing caused the other?

anyway I didn't try to download share factory or anything like that so I don't believe that was my problem... and I did already delete and start re-installing Destiny... good thing I wasn't planning on playing at all for a while...

do you get faster download rates in rest mode or with full power on?
I read it in the comments on a YT video with someone that had the same issue.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cHA9enjLZHg

Did you download anything destiny-related before the issue started happening?

Mindlog

http://share.gifyoutube.com/yNOxJR.gif
So much inventory space. I'd be able to buy three at a time tops.

Lee

I miss ether chest farming :(

When you can only pick it up once there's just no urgency in trying to find the chest ASAP so you can try racing for it 3 or 4 times. It's just... ehhh I'll find it within a minute or so and maybe get an engram and a key, maybe not. Sad. They didn't need to patch it.

I feel like sometimes they patch things not because they need to or because they're exploitative, but because they hate seeing people pour hours into stupid endeavors. The loot cave fits here, as do ether chests. People literally spent 20+ hours farming ether chests in Skywatch alone to max out their keys before HoW launched. I think that just made Bungie cringe.

Still, player choice and all, it was fun to get the perfect location in Skywatch and open the chest 5 times. Never quite got 6 opens, but I sure as hell tried to.

noomi

Rolled a Low-Grade Hunility with Shortgaze SLH10, Hidden Hand, Injection Mold and Surplus.
I'd love to hve that Unflinching perk but using more than 274 motes is a bit too much for me...

Any thoughts? Should I keep it? Is it competitive enough?

D:

What in your opinion makes the Hieracon-LR5 so good, as I see it only has 22 Aim Assist?

I have one with Shortgaze, Unflinching, and Fitted Stock, but I can't see to do as well as a legendary rifle.

oh man, where to start:
  • First, the rate of fire. There was a time when special ammo was in abundance. Playing modes like Clash and Control allowed me to kill players very quickly and very often. It was precise, cold- blooded killing machine, and I could always follow up with a body shot or primary if i missed the headshot.

Wish I still had some of those videos. This isn't primarily sniper related, but there are some kills with it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN2ugK0Ddnw
  • The Hieracon archetype has a stock magazine of 5. There are only 2 other snipers with the same rate of fire and stock magazine - Final Boss and Eye of Sol. Prudence, Violator, Amplified, 20/20, Silvered Buracos, etc. all come with 4 rounds. That extra bullet makes a difference when you're using a sniper that can double body shot.

Final Boss was a launch weapon at the Crucible Vendor, but the stock version version wasn't too great. If you were lucky to get one with the right perks, it was beastly though. Eye of Sol has heavier handling (why the first two perks are snapshot and quickdraw) and doesn't have great stability.
  • The Hieracon is plentiful. They drop fairly regularly and have a variety of useful rolls. The one you have though is absolutely my favorite combination.
  • The Hieracon is also lightweight. The ADS and equip speed are fairly quick so it feels snappy. Maybe the numbers say otherwise, but using Hieracon and Eye of Sol back to back I notice a very significance difference. The Eye of Sol also flinches much more when you're shot.
  • Lastly, it's honestly a pretty looking sniper. Like the Calcutta and LDR, it's a plain color and the model is simple, curvy and well balanced. I don't like the Final Boss/Longbow Synthesis sniper models in the game.

L0bsI70.jpg

Alas, I have left Baby Blue behind. The LDR's aim assist is ridiculous and it's hard to give up, especially when you need to revive snipe or kill a super in competitive 3v3 matches. I don't have a Hieracon with the perfect roll anymore so I wouldn't justify using it in Clash or Control over a sniper with more aim assist. But once you get that roll, it's buttery smooth.

LkPr

For everyone re-rolling Her Benevolence for a perfect roll... mine has the following and i'm wondering if it is "good enough" or if I should keep at it because it is missing Hidden Hand.

Shortgaze
Outlaw
Injection Mold
Unflinching

Is Hidden Hand make or break for this gun?

Bladelaw

I got rekt in crucible last night by Queenbreaker's Bow. No scope spots, insane range and one hit headshot kills are absolutely brutal.

Top Bottom