• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

neoism

I have almost 2000 weapon parts lying around. If a trading system existed I'd gladly share the wealth. :/

;____; bungie needs to releaize not everyone has played this game for thousands of hours and like me came back to the game because of HoW..... :/... im not good enough for 7 wins.... didnt even try trails this past week... i tried to play with unstable watched his stream for 8 hours lol didnt get picked..im usually top 3 with randoms but most gaffers are wayyyy better than me... would have loved to got the jewel.. i just got my thorne but holy shit its not that good until its maxxed... the stability it terrible..
let use buy them bungle... or trade them with class parts....
i.e. 3 sapphire wire for 1 parts or something...

I wish I hadn't dismantled all my dupe HBs. I have a void one that I use for PvE and don't want to re-roll.

I also have Shadow of Veils, LGH, LDR, and Eye of Sol so I guess it's not that big of a deal. Matador seems more useful in PvP anyway.

lt519

Ah, from the chest. Cool

I got mine from hitting Rank 3 for the queen. At rank 3 you get a random weapon. Got Her Courtesy from my Titan hitting Rank 3 yesterday. Who knows if that'll keep happening at every rank now like the other factions.

For everyone re-rolling Her Benevolence for a perfect roll... mine has the following and i'm wondering if it is "good enough" or if I should keep at it because it is missing Hidden Hand.

Shortgaze
Outlaw
Injection Mold
Unflinching

Is Hidden Hand make or break for this gun?

hidden hand only helps but those 3 are the most important perks. if you reroll it may be another 1000 weapon parts before you get it again. or you'll get it and it wont have shorgaze.

I got damn near the perfect rolls... I've bolded the ones I am using.

Her Benevolence:

- Hawkeye SLR15
- Longview SLR10
- Ambush SLH25

- Hidden Hand

- Speed Reload
- High Caliber Rounds
- Rifled Barrel

- Unflinching

Longview scope gives the most aim assist, but people seem to think that ambush is better.... I don't know.... Also my 2nd tree of perks was kind of shitty, but I didn't want to lose hidden hand/unflinching so I kept it.

This is the guide I used: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...sniper_rifle_and_reforging_tier_list_for_pvp/

Ruben is on a whole other level lol. I try not to be too aggressive because it usually backfires on me, but when the opportunity presents itself you gotta get right in there and mess people up.

I also prefer hanging back a bit and letting people come to me, but sadly in trials you can't always do that and need to adjust your play-style to the opposing team.... this is my weakness :(

Solid list in that link.

LiK

I got mine from hitting Rank 3 for the queen. At rank 3 you get a random weapon. Got Her Courtesy from my Titan hitting Rank 3 yesterday. Who knows if that'll keep happening at every rank now like the other factions.

Nice, I'm almost there. Will reach rank 3 next week with my Titan.

Starting a normal Crota raid now to help a friend get some gear. Just join on me (PSN = DrDrizzay101) if you want.

Edit: 1 spot open.

Edit2: full now!

TheOddOne

Gonna keep this Benevolence. Wanted unflinching on it, but this roll is perfect for me already. Guess I'm going to have do some more PoE runs to get another one.
screenshot-originalo4snu.png

I feel like sometimes they patch things not because they need to or because they're exploitative, but because they hate seeing people pour hours into stupid endeavors. The loot cave fits here, as do ether chests. People literally spent 20+ hours farming ether chests in Skywatch alone to max out their keys before HoW launched. I think that just made Bungie cringe.

Still, player choice and all, it was fun to get the perfect location in Skywatch and open the chest 5 times. Never quite got 6 opens, but I sure as hell tried to.

That's just it though. The keys are pointless for the most part. The fun came from getting loot from the chest multiple times and racing with friends to get it.

1. Wait for wolf pack.
2. The wolves are here! The wolves are here!
3. Kill the high level wolves together.
4. Frantic rush to FIND THE CHEST.
5. RACE TO THE CHEST.
6. Race out of the zone and back to the chest!
7. DO IT AGAIN.

Removing the double-up makes most of the rest of it no fun at all. No one really cared about the keys after a point. It was the way it was all set up that made it fun. The rush, the race, and the rewards were all a fun motivator. 6-person VoG ether chests was a ton of fun to just shoot the shit with friends and shoot stuff and get glimmer, engrams, special ammo (to a point), and, if you were lucky, a key.

I got damn near the perfect rolls... I've bolded the ones I am using.

Her Benevolence:

- Hawkeye SLR15
- Longview SLR10
- Ambush SLH25

- Hidden Hand

- Speed Reload
- High Caliber Rounds
- Rifled Barrel

- Unflinching

Longview scope gives the most aim assist, but people seem to think that ambush is better.... I don't know.... Also my 2nd tree of perks was kind of shitty, but I didn't want to lose hidden hand/unflinching so I kept it.

This is the guide I used: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...sniper_rifle_and_reforging_tier_list_for_pvp/

Ruben is on a whole other level lol. I try not to be too aggressive because it usually backfires on me, but when the opportunity presents itself you gotta get right in there and mess people up.

I also prefer hanging back a bit and letting people come to me, but sadly in trials you can't always do that and need to adjust your play-style to the opposing team.... this is my weakness :(

The Ambush hype is a lie. When you move side to side, the reticle sways from the center position. Shortgaze doesn't do this. When you're shot with Ambush - even with unflinching - the reticle jumps up and down all across the scope. Shortgaze jumps less without unflinching, and with it will jump consistently (usually upwards) and reset to center faster.

Shortgaze with unflinching is consistent and predictable. Ambush is a mistake; it's nothing but trash.

I mean it's a solid scope for sniping in close quarters, but I'd pick Shortgaze every single time.

I don't know about Longview though. Aim assist is always good, but it's heavier than Shortgaze and Ambush. I probably wouldn't be comfortable using it in CQB.

Daemul

Hmm, I think it may be time for me to look for all those dead ghosts. I've played the game sincethe beta and I've never bothered to look for them since I saw it as a waste of time, but it might be time to change my attitude on that......

LOL! Who am I kidding, I ain't got time to be hunting down that shit, watching paint dry is more fun.
KuGsj.gif

Hmm, I think it may be time for me to look for all those dead ghosts. I've played the game sincethe beta and I've never bothered to look for them since I saw it as a waste of time, but it might be time to change my attitude on that......

LOL! Who am I kidding, I ain't got time to be hunting down that shit, watching paint dry is more fun.
KuGsj.gif

lol it's not that bad if you're doing it in a party. Some of them are very cleverly hidden.

I wouldn't do it without a guide though unless I was looking in a small area. The Reef ghosts were fun to find.

ocean

Banned
Woah nice!

So HB is the best aim assist you can get?

Updated my post with your link just in-case :)
Best out of stuff you can re roll, yes. There are a few with higher aim assist but they either can't be re rolled (PoE, ToO snipers) or are not obtainable anymore (Prudence, Supremacy).

Her Benevolence hits that perfect combo:
1. Top-tier aim assist
2. Enough impact to kill through revive shields
3. Re rollable and currently obtainable

As far as I'm aware, no other sniper in the game complies with all these characteristics. Get one, roll it to have boosted stability+unflinching+Hidden Hand and love it for life.

Best out of stuff you can re roll, yes. There are a few with higher aim assist but they either can't be re rolled (PoE, ToO snipers) or are not obtainable anymore (Prudence, Supremacy).

Her Benevolence hits that perfect combo:
1. Top-tier aim assist
2. Enough impact to kill through revive shields
3. Re rollable and currently obtainable

As far as I'm aware, no other sniper in the game complies with all these characteristics. Get one, roll it to have boosted stability+unflinching+Hidden Hand and love it for life.

This. Listen to this man.

Deku Tree

q9Dyntr.jpg

We need this. (from reddit)

Too complicated. Gonna be hard to find others who can restart with you at exactly the same point.

Just put in CPs. Nothing wrong with CPs. No reason to hate on players for wanting to skip content that they've already played over and over. CPs are the reason most people replay most of the old content.

Move the loot around so it doesn't all come after the last round.

SpecX

Re-posting a very good guide from reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/37fqub/snipers_reforging/

All this sniper talk!

This is great info! If I read this correctly, that means Low Grade Humility is the top sniper rifle or with the changes does that make Her Benevolence the top? I have a couple LGH rifles I want to attempt to re-roll for the stats listed below. Is there a list like this for other weapons? Damn, every time I'm ready to move on from Destiny, something small like this pops up and sucks me back in.

Too complicated. Gonna be hard to find others who can restart with you at exactly the same point.

Just put in CPs. Nothing wrong with CPs. No reason to hate on players for wanting to skip content that they've already played over and over. CPs are the reason most people replay most of the old content.

Yeah don't need passage card. As soon players reach Skolas, they get a RESUME token in their inventory. So, they can resume from Skolas anytime, and anyone else with that token can join them. This allows people to start from Skolas if they have beaten the previous stages, and prevents checkpoint sharing since only players with the token can join.

I disagree. Not complicated at all. Have it work mostly like ToO.

Ex: You have 4/6 circles on yours. You can join anyone who is at 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4 circles, but not 5, or 6 (which would be complete anyway).

lt519

I was totally hoping for a gambling type system. Every round you finish increases the drop chance if you choose to open a chest and every time you wipe that chance decreases. Win all 5 without wiping it's 100%, win 4 but don't want to try 5 you get a 75% chance. Win 5 after wiping 10 times it's back down to 75%. It would of given the arena a fun risk/reward system instead of just banging your head against the wall for two hours on the last encounter and leaving with nothing to show for it. Maybe forgive two wipes or something.

I think they should just lower the number of rounds for 35 PoE. 5 rounds + Skolas is a bit much.

3 + Skolas would be better imo and not a huge deal if you have to start over.

I was totally hoping for a gambling type system. Every round you finish increases the drop chance if you choose to open a chest and every time you wipe that chance decreases. Win all 5 without wiping it's 100%, win 4 but don't want to try 5 you get a 75% chance. Win 5 after wiping 10 times it's back down to 75%. It would of given the arena a fun risk/reward system instead of just banging your head against the wall for two hours on the last encounter and leaving with nothing to show for it. Maybe forgive two wipes or something.

i've wanted performance based loot like this for a long time. it might alienate new players though.

I disagree. Not complicated at all. Have it work mostly like ToO.

Ex: You have 4/6 circles on yours. You can join anyone who is at 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4 circles, but not 5, or 6 (which would be complete anyway).
Or if you join someone with five circles and you have four, it will start you both at the four spot.

Top Bottom