• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

lt519

LFG would become unbearable.

But fuck it that sounds like a laugh with people I know.

LFG would be an absolute nightmare haha. I imagine people would start getting pissed at each other a lot too. Good way to make enemies. Be a tough group decision to decide when to quit and press on. The way they do trials cards in essence could work, it'd just turn into a point system instead of wins/losses. Cap out at 1000 points and bottom out at 0, basically play waves and bosses until you can get to 1000 but everytime you lose it sets you back. Then sell rewards in tiered format like ToO based on points instead of wins.

LiK

LFG would be an absolute nightmare haha. I imagine people would start getting pissed at each other a lot too. Good way to make enemies. Be a tough group decision to decide when to quit and press on.

Bungie forums are already bitching at how Trials is tearing clans and friends apart. LFG would be hell. Jesus Christ, it's a game. Play for fun and get better.

P44

So I missed the interlude between TDB and HoW, and the one between launch and TDB was a shit ton of teething problems.

What do we do between expansions? :p

From Reddit:

uDSlcSt.jpg

has completed the level 32 up to Round 4, the 34 in its entirety including grabbing the chest, and has only completed 35 up to Round 2.

pQNh2gA.jpg

has beaten the boss of 34 and 35, but still needs to beat the boss for 32, and has yet to claim any rewards on any level.

nQGZ5Nx.jpg

gone through the 32 and 34 in their entirety, but has yet to beat a round on 35.

1. Progress is saved in between rounds, preventing total loss of progress should something happen.
  2. Time commitment is cut down, thanks to the introduction of some form of checkpoint system.
  3. Prevents players who haven't put in the work to get to a boss from being able to join in at the end, while allowing players who have gotten there to join in at the appropriate point.

Prison Logs would achieve those things by:

• Advancing your card by one mark on the appropriate level when "modifiers cleared" pops up on the screen or when the player opens one of the three chests at the end.
  • Preventing access to rounds that haven't been obtained yet that week. Similar to the current Round 4 cut off.
  • Adding in a round selector in the usual place of the difficulty selector. Instead of selecting if the enemies are 18, 20, 24, 28, etc. like you would with a normal mission, you'd select if the game starts at round 1-5/6 or even starts with Variks opening the path to the barrows.
  • Allowing joining and kicking to occur inside the airlock before the first wave of each round, but preventing them during the waves, with the sole exception of allowing players who started the waves to rejoin mid way through.
  • Preventing abuse of the round selector through locking out players from the rewards chests that they have already opened, unless they finish each individual round again.

lt519

Bungie forums are already bitching at how Trials is tearing clans and friends apart. LFG would be hell. Jesus Christ, it's a game. Play for fun and get better.

Yeah seriously. Only time I've gotten legit annoyed at anyone playing Destiny is when they've insisted on cheese methods that actually take longer than running the game properly. Perfect example was sending one person across the Bridge in CE, everyone wiping, and then hiding behind that pillar to snipe enemies while everyone sat around dead for 20 minutes. Shit let's just restart and beat it the normal way in 10 minutes.

Deku Tree

Title of next Halo game: Halo: Guardians
Title of the prequel mini series to the next Halo Game: Halo: Nightfall
And now revealed that Halo 5 has a "Fireteam Osiris" in it.

Omg what is going on here...

ocean

Banned
Since there's so much Sniper talk, I'll go into a little more detail. I'll list Snipers in descending order by base aim assist with a little commentary for each:

Prudence II: 74 AA. 13 impact: extremely low (below LGH, no revive kill), no longer obtainable in-game. If you have an old one with good perks it might be worth testing. It's got higher impact than a Subtle Nudge (10) but lower than LGH, don't have one to test. Still, you'd have to rely on having gotten one, not dismantled it and it having dropped with good perks randomly.

Shadow of Veils (PoE): 69 AA. High impact (31), enough for revive spawn kill. Comes with Shortgaze and Perfect Balance, but can't be re rolled. Instead of Hidden Hand and Unflinching you're stuck with a fixed Replenish (recover ammo on Super activation) and a random Fallen perk like Shank Burn. Still a fantastic option with insane AA, good sights, high stability and great impact. Definitely top-tier despite not being re rollable.

The Supremacy: 63 AA. High impact (31), enough for revive spawn kill. It's the old Queen's sniper so no longer obtainable in game. Not re rollable, but if you have an old one with good perks it's a beast. Unflinching + Perfect Balance + Final Round for instance would be sex.

Eye of Sol: 61 AA. Low impact (13), not enough to get that revive shield kill in one headshot. Not re rollable (ToO drop) but has great perks - Army of One (Hidden Hand with this much AA would've been a waste tbh as there's probably a cap it would've hit anyways, though it's just my speculation), Unflinching...I yearn for it tragically.

Her Benevolence: 55 AA. High impact (31) so revive kill possible. Currently obtainable and also re rollable. The sweet spot. Love the Queen for giving you this, seriously.

Longbow Synthesis: 53 AA, 31 impact (revive kill possible). No longer obtainable, not re rollable. Keeper if you got good perks on it already though.

Low Grade Humility: 50 AA, 22 impact. No revive kill. Re rollable and obtainable as a random Crucible drop. It can kill in 2 to the body and fires quick, excellent choice for 6v6 where revive shields aren't present.

LDR 5001: 49 AA, 31 impact. Basically same deal as Longbow: not obtainable or re rollable but do ascend if you have good perks (that Final Round love...)

Subtle Nudge: 49 AA, 10 impact. Yes, 10. Won't kill in two shots to the body. This does Hand Cannon damage, just skip it.

AA takes a steep dive after that so I won't detail the rest.

EL CUCO

Title of next Halo game: Halo: Guardians
Title of the prequel mini series to the next Halo Game: Halo: Nightfall
And now revealed that Halo 5 has a "Fireteam Osiris" in it.

Omg what is going on here...
I noticed that too. Too much of a coincidence? 343 aren't exactly masters of creativity.

Since there's so much Sniper talk, I'll go into a little more detail. I'll list Snipers in descending order by base aim assist with a little commentary for each:

Prudence II: 74 AA. 13 impact: extremely low (below LGH, no revive kill), no longer obtainable in-game. If you have an old one with good perks it might be worth testing but it's probably not even a 2 body shot kill. It's got higher impact that a Subtle Nudge (10) but lower than LGH, don't have one to test. Still, you'd have to rely on having gotten one, not dismantled it and it having dropped with good perks randomly.

Shadow of Veils (PoE): 69 AA. High impact (31), enough for revive spawn kill. Comes with Shortgaze and Perfect Balance, but can't be re rolled. Instead of Hidden Hand and Unflinching you're stuck with a fixed Replenish (recover ammo on Super activation) and a random Fallen perk like Shank Burn. Still a fantastic option with insane AA, good sights, high stability and great impact. Definitely top-tier despite not being re rollable.

The Supremacy: 63 AA. High impact (31), enough for revive spawn kill. It's the old Queen's sniper so no longer obtainable in game. Not re rollable, but if you have an old one with good perks it's a beast. Unflinching + Perfect Balance + Final Round for instance would be sex.

Eye of Sol: 61 AA. Low impact (13), not enough to get that revive shield kill in one headshot. Not re rollable (ToO drop) but has great perks - Army of One (Hidden Hand with this much AA would've been a waste tbh as there's probably a cap it would've hit anyways, though it's just my speculation), Unflinching...I yearn for it tragically.

Her Benevolence: 55 AA. High impact (31) so revive kill possible. Currently obtainable and also re rollable. The sweet spot. Love the Queen for giving you this, seriously.

Longbow Synthesis: 53 AA, 31 impact (revive kill possible). No longer obtainable, not re rollable. Keeper if you got good perks on it already though.

Low Grade Humility: 50 AA, 22 impact. No revive kill. Re rollable and obtainable as a random Crucible drop. It can kill in 2 to the body and fires quick, excellent choice for 6v6 where revive shields aren't present.

LDR 5001: 49 AA, 31 impact. Basically same deal as Longbow: not obtainable or re rollable but do ascend if you have good perks (that Final Round love...)

Subtle Nudge: 49 AA, 10 impact. Yes, 10. Won't kill in two shots to the body. This does Hand Cannon damage, just skip it.

AA takes a steep dive after that so I won't detail the rest.

My Benevolence is rolled for Void Skolas and is staying that way until I take him down.

So, since I already have Eye of Sol, going for a "perfect" roll on Low Grade Humility seems kind of a waste, since it's impact make it one tier below Her Benevolence, anyway.

That way I can keep my weapon parts for other things and just reroll Benevolence for PVP once I take down Skolas. Would you agree?

SgtCobra

You know, I caved in and spent all my 386 motes. Now I've got a sniper rifle with horrible perks and I'm broke as fuck.
It's over, it seriously killed my interest in the game, but hey, I knew what I was getting into when I was rolling the hell out of that weapon.

I better not start gambling IRL because I'd lose everything I have.

Hmm, I think it may be time for me to look for all those dead ghosts. I've played the game sincethe beta and I've never bothered to look for them since I saw it as a waste of time, but it might be time to change my attitude on that......

bookmark this site it makes ghost hunting a breeze. I used it to get the trophy, haven't bothered with the rest though
http://www.destinyghosthunter.net/

put your name (PSN/xbox) in the top upper right and it will list all the ghosts you are missing with text and youtube descriptions of how to get to them.

Well they make Skolas so dang crazy with the burns and constant ads and overlevel that sometimes a team can't finish it. Trying to find people who already has all the circles except the last to help you will be even more frustrating, IMO.

Well they make Skolas so dang crazy with the burns and constant ads and overlevel that sometimes a team can't finish it. Trying to find people who already has all the circles except the last to help you will be even more frustrating, IMO.
I don't get why we would even need the whole ToO card format. Just give us checkpoints the same way we have checkpoints for VoG and Crota. I don't see a difference between the two.

th3dude

Didnt know that site. I'll check it out later.

I usually can find ppl here tho. I avoid LFG as much as possible.

LFG is what is making me want to do this. Been having bad luck finding groups in the thread lately and falling into bad LFG groups.

I'm usually playing at pretty set times (i.e. 10pm) so it would be nice to have something scheduled ahead of time.

ocean

Banned
My Benevolence is rolled for Void Skolas and is staying that way until I take him down.

So, since I already have Eye of Sol, going for a "perfect" roll on Low Grade Humility seems kind of a waste, since it's impact make it one tier below Her Benevolence, anyway.

That way I can keep my weapon parts for other things and just reroll Benevolence for PVP once I take down Skolas. Would you agree?
I haven't really had enough experience with Hidden Hand to measure how big an effect it has, but even if you roll your LGH with HH it'll probably feel very similar to Eye of Sol which has significantly higher base AA. They otherwise both have the same impact/RoF class (LGH has better impact but will still not kill through shields or Bladedancers for example). So I'd agree that re rolling a "perfect" LGH is a waste if you already have a Eye of Sol.

I'd say Eye of Sol, or failing that, a good LGH would be the best options for 6v6. Her Benevolence and similar 31 impact snipers hold no advantage there and are actually at a disadvantage due to their lower rate of fire. So keep your Eye cherished.

For 3v3 and specially ToO, killing people with revive shields is a fairly important criteria. For this, you wanna step up to the higher impact class even if they fire more slowly. Shadow of Veils is a great contender - not re rollable but with that kind of AA you won't miss HH anyways. It's a shame you get Shank burn or whatever instead of Unflinching but it's still a top tier choice. Failing that, you'll either want to ascend a lucky drop from pre HoW (I've got a perfect LDR I'm in love with) or roll with Her Benevolence.

Carry Unstable's friend through his first Crota raid, guy hasn't played since ~October, he gets two armor pieces and a Black Hammer lol. RNGsus stays trolling.

I'll go. PSN RAIDERSfan_808

Will login in 5

Nvm. Full :(

Haha Sorry dude, we filled up basically as soon as I posted. Were you still planning to run some raids with us next reset? If so, how long would you be able to play and how many characters do you have? We all have 3 characters so we run the main raid checkpoints 3x each (typically do one full run through each raid first). If you only have one or two characters leveled enough for the raids (Lv30 would be the minimum to participate in everything) then you could definitely still do it and just hop out after we do each raid 1x.

Anyway, just let me know what works for you!

Daemul

bookmark this site it makes ghost hunting a breeze. I used it to get the trophy, haven't bothered with the rest though
http://www.destinyghosthunter.net/

put your name (PSN/xbox) in the top upper right and it will list all the ghosts you are missing with text and youtube descriptions of how to get to them.

Well what you know, I might actually get this shit done. I'll try and put aside a couple of hours for it if I ever decide to go through with the search.

LordofPwn

The Ambush hype is a lie. When you move side to side, the reticle sways from the center position. Shortgaze doesn't do this. When you're shot with Ambush - even with unflinching - the reticle jumps up and down all across the scope. Shortgaze jumps less without unflinching, and with it will jump consistently (usually upwards) and reset to center faster.

Shortgaze with unflinching is consistent and predictable. Ambush is a mistake; it's nothing but trash.

I mean it's a solid scope for sniping in close quarters, but I'd pick Shortgaze every single time.

I don't know about Longview though. Aim assist is always good, but it's heavier than Shortgaze and Ambush. I probably wouldn't be comfortable using it in CQB.

My favorite snipers are Praedyths Revenge and 13098v Incognito. i'll try my spear as shortgaze this weekend versus ambush and see if i like it more.

I haven't really had enough experience with Hidden Hand to measure how big an effect it has, but even if you roll your LGH with HH it'll probably feel very similar to Eye of Sol which has significantly higher base AA. They otherwise both have the same impact/RoF class (LGH has better impact but will still not kill through shields or Bladedancers for example). So I'd agree that re rolling a "perfect" LGH is a waste if you already have a Eye of Sol.

I'd say Eye of Sol, or failing that, a good LGH would be the best options for 6v6. Her Benevolence and similar 31 impact snipers hold no advantage there and are actually at a disadvantage due to their lower rate of fire. So keep your Eye cherished.

For 3v3 and specially ToO, killing people with revive shields is a fairly important criteria. For this, you wanna step up to the higher impact class even if they fire more slowly. Shadow of Veils is a great contender - not re rollable but with that kind of AA you won't miss HH anyways. It's a shame you get Shank burn or whatever instead of Unflinching but it's still a top tier choice. Failing that, you'll either want to ascend a lucky drop from pre HoW (I've got a perfect LDR I'm in love with) or roll with Her Benevolence.

Cool. I have an LDR that I ascended: Shortgaze, Unfliching, Perfect Balance, Firefly. Wish it had Final Round, but it will be good enough for 3v3 until I reroll my Benevolence. Thanks!!!

Shito

Carry Unstable's friend through his first Crota raid, guy hasn't played since ~October, he gets two armor pieces and a Black Hammer lol. RNGsus stays trolling.
Saw the end of the stream, and damn!
Didn't have the sound but it looked like unstable raged-quit the game immediately after that... ^^

Rubenov

ocran, Eye of Sol has horrible stability, it kicks so hard it hurts. That's bad for a low impact sniper.

I'm all for a checkpoint system, but I don't think Level 32 or 34 PoE needs it, and I don't think the checkpoint should be immediately before Skolas.

Put the Checkpoint just before Round 4, maybe Round 5. That way you can leave and come back the next day and still have some progress, but you also aren't passing checkpoints around for people who don't deserve to be at Skolas' front door.

Dying of course, would not put you back before the current round you are on.

That's it.

That's all that would need to be done. Anything else is too coddling in my opinion.

AaronMT86

But you have to use all gjally shots (and wait for synths), no? We used the sniper method and it worked great

Someone inevitably always eats a scorch or he teleports up close. Rock at back protects you from both. It’s just silly unintentional terrain protection.

Frostburn

Anyone interested in doing Atheon hard mode x3? We would have to start at gate keepers the first time.

Looking to get started in about 30 min.

1. US_Frostburn

Quote and add yourself

ocean

Banned
ocran, Eye of Sol has horrible stability, it kicks so hard it hurts. That's bad for a low impact sniper.
But it's so beautiful :(

Out of the Snipers I listed, I don't have Prudence, Shadow of Veils or Eye of Sol so I was going by quick number comparisons. I did not look at stability though, which I probably should have. Seeing it's got low stability and no way to roll the middle tree perk into something that fixes it does seem like a big setback. I'd have to play around with it though...LGH may just win out. It's got the same base Stability and lower AA, but you can roll perks to fix both of those shortcomings, and it also has better impact.

So much data to consider!

Ikkarus

Anyone interested in doing Atheon hard mode x3? We would have to start at gate keepers the first time.

Looking to get started in about 30 min.

1. US_Frostburn
2. Ikkarus
3. wearthemada
4. Da_1_hated_tito

Quote and add yourself
Sign me up! PSN is the same as my name.

Top Bottom