• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

dB Viper

Forever No Swordbreaker.

Been running NM x3 since launch, and the weapon will just not drop for me. Only thing I need. I've gotten atleast 5 of every single weapon from that raid (well, minus 5 crux's).

But [Eye of Sol is] so beautiful :(!

Honestly, that's why I'm trying to convince myself to use it more. Same with No Land Beyond. Those are my two favorite snipers from a visual standpoint.

Forever No Swordbreaker.

Been running NM x3 since launch, and the weapon will just not drop for me. Only thing I need. I've gotten atleast 5 of every single weapon from that raid.

Will be a great moment when it finally drops, and then you realize how underwhelming it is and roll a better PVE void shottie in 10 seconds at the Gunsmith.

So is Vault of glass still worth doing? I just got back into the game after about a 5 months break.
Ive got the dark below and house of wolves expansion.

Trying to find people who already has all the circles except the last to help you will be even more frustrating, IMO.

This is why a little weekly progress card for all activities would be useful. They should have it where you can simply hover over someone's tag on your friend's list, select "Weekly Progress", and it pops up a screen.

Ex:

MrGreencastle Progress:

lJfMBhb.png

Along with:

Daily Heroic
Daily Crucible
Trials of Osiris

Would make things so much easier if I could tell what someone has completed in-game. You can already do this on B.net, but ingame would be 150% better.

dB Viper

Honestly, that's why I'm trying to convince myself to use it more. Same with No Land Beyond. Those are my two favorite snipers from a visual standpoint.

Will be a great moment when it finally drops, and then you realize how underwhelming it is and roll a better PVE void shottie in 10 seconds at the Gunsmith.

But it doesn't have the Increased damage to Hive Majors perk! :D

Langy

Hey GAF!

So i have a friend of mine who has never ran a raid before, so i thought i'll try and gather a few people who would want to come through it with us. It will need to be VoG as he doesnt have the expansion yet.

What i was thinking is if anyone has not run it before and they want to join, that would be a good experience and i could guide through what is required. Or if you know what you are doing and dont mind carrying some less experienced people through then that would be good also.

looking to start at 7pm GMT, so about 50 mins from now.

Send me a FR to Langoit on psn, and message if you have or havent done this before and we'll see how it goes. also put your name below aswell incase we get too full!

1. Me (langoit)
2. my friend

Will decide difficulty when we know who has or hasn't done it before!

ocean

Banned
Wait so Datto says a bit after 9 minutes into this video that "unflinching" does almost nothing on a sniper:

http://youtu.be/a8XKORpmguU

True? False? Evidence?
Depends on the sights. It's less pronounced on low zoom sights, which happen to be the most popular ones. In my completely unscientific observations, it does nothing with ambush, a little with Shortgaze and then some noticeable stuff with the long zoom stuff.

Frostburn

Anyone interested in doing Atheon hard mode x3? We would have to start at gate keepers the first time.

Looking to get started in about 20 min.

1. US_Frostburn
2. Ikkarus
3. wearthemada
4. Da_1_hated_tito

Quote and add yourself

noomi

Went home for lunch and finally got to try Her Benev with all the perks unlocked for the first time.... dude.... I normally am not that great at sniping but that aim assist is really helping me out.

Will play with it more tonight

datto once said armor and agility didn't matter in PvP

I've been waiting for the chance to ask you about this.

Someone told me at some point I should go full recovery for both PVE and PVP and shift agility/armor depending on situation and play-style.

That has changed somehow? I should go for lowest recovery on PVP?

Z, so Nghtly uses a Black Hammer in Trials. What's with that? Because of Mulligan?

That bugs the hell out of me too. What's up with that?

Z, so Nghtly uses a Black Hammer in Trials. What's with that? Because of Mulligan?

he uses a white Hieracon LR2. only reason he switched to black hammer is because his hieracon is underpowered in Trials and he doesn't have any other high impact sniper

he doesnt care about sniper perks

Deku Tree

Watching his stream today it looks like Nghtly got a HB queens sniper and re-rolled it with a good roll that he's using today.

He had been saying on his stream for the past two weeks that he really wanted that sniper too.

Nightly prefers snapshot over the other more popular perks though.

Sorry, but next time can you not quote the 66MB .gif?

I don't understand why people post them in the first place. It's a massive fuck you to people browsing on mobile, people with data caps and people with slow Internet. Even Chrome still struggles to render something THAT large.

Ugh.

//rant

FYI: Gaf has options you can select so that gifs aren't automatically displayed, to avoid issues like this. Even so, I try to be aware that this is still a problem for some people. I try to post low res gifs and it's also why the TLord post will be a thread with a warning in the title.
Timed release with Taken King. Kappa

PuMa

He's just really good. I asked him when I was playing with him and he was like, "why do people keep asking me?". Didn't really get a real answer, but I know he likes the high impact.

Edit: and what Zoba said. The rest of us be scrubbin

Soup Bar

Anyone interested in doing Atheon hard mode x3? We would have to start at gate keepers the first time.

Looking to get started in about 20 min.

1. US_Frostburn
2. Ikkarus
3. wearthemada
4. Da_1_hated_tito
5. Priestfact

Quote and add yourself

May I join with a level 31 Titan?

The loot system in HoW is complete trash, and Ciphers are the worst of the worst. Every person in my PoE group has had over 3 Ciphers drop, and every person has received more Ciphers than elemental primaries. There are 3 unique exotic weapons and 12 permutations of the fallen primaries which doesn't even include the fallen perks, so I'm not sure what is up with how backward the drop rates are.

On top of all that, I just got the glitch where a stupid Cipher dropped that I don't want or need since I have all 3 weapons already. However, I can't discard it or turn it in. Even if you don't complete Skolas 3 times every week, Ciphers are going to quickly become nothing but an annoyance until Bungie fixes the glitches associated with them.

And I haven't even touched on the awful Judgment's Chance system. The structure of the loot in HoW is a real step back, and I hope we get another contrite but misleading 'we learned from our mistakes' post before the next DLC so I can have at least some false hope that Bungie listens to the community in this regard.

Qwell

Sure, if you need exotics. Also, it is the best raid experience still.
Screw the exotics, its worth it for the weapons, Fatebringer, VoC, Corrective Measure, all still fantastic when ascended to 365. Plus I want the chest armor for my characters since it provides blanket "special ammo" increase instead of only selective ammo increases that Crota and HoW armor has.

Deku Tree

Nghtly just got a HB queens sniper with shorgaze and ambush, hidden hand, snapshot, and unflinching.

Said he likes snapshot the best.

Maybe he'll stop using his BHam in Trials?

I've been waiting for the chance to ask you about this.

Someone told me at some point I should go full recovery for both PVE and PVP and shift agility/armor depending on situation and play-style.

That has changed somehow? I should go for lowest recovery on PVP?

That bugs the hell out of me too. What's up with that?

3v3 armor first. always.
agility next for 1v1s. if you are fighting thorns, dont engage in 1v1s and use recovery instead (you dont have to though)

6v6 depends. recovery obviously helps since you are more likely to be caught with your pants down

also about nghtly, you will see him spec agility and recovery and completely ignore armor unless its a serious game

noomi

The loot system in HoW is complete trash, and Ciphers are the worst of the worst. Every person in my PoE group has had over 3 Ciphers drop, and every person has received more Ciphers than elemental primaries. There are 3 unique exotic weapons and 12 permutations of the fallen primaries which doesn't even include the fallen perks, so I'm not sure what is up with how backward the drop rates are.

On top of all that, I just got the glitch where a stupid Cipher dropped that I don't want or need since I have all 3 weapons already. However, I can't discard it or turn it in. Even if you don't complete Skolas 3 times every week, Ciphers are going to quickly become nothing but an annoyance until Bungie fixes the glitches associated with them.

And I haven't even touched on the awful Judgment's Chance system. The structure of the loot in HoW is a real step back, and I hope we get another contrite but misleading 'we learned from our mistakes' post before the next DLC so I can have at least some false hope that Bungie listens to the community in this regard.

My biggest issue lies with getting nothing from Skolas kills. For what's supposed to be "end-game content" the reward/loot for killing the final boss doesn't feel up to par.

Sure you can get goodies from the chest, but you get the same loot from 32 and 34 PoE's... I just feel like the Skolas drop rate/quality needs to be improved.

Here...

RNG #1 - Does Skolas drop anything?
RNG #2 - Does he drop the weapon you want?
RNG #3 - Does the weapon have the elemental damage you are looking for?
RNG #4 - Does the weapon have the random perk you were hoping for?

Best part was when I asked why he had a white Deacon rocket launcher. He was like, I don't really care I don't use heavy weapons anyways.

#1 ranked ToO PS4 player, doesn't use heavy.

You can just imagine how scrubby I felt :p

"Give him the Deacon" is an official Devil joke

The loot system in HoW is complete trash, and Ciphers are the worst of the worst.

I posted yesterday about how little I cared for the Elder Cipher bounties, and I think most everyone agrees the PoE loot leaves a lot to be desired (the systems and the actual armor/weapons). But the ToO loot is pretty fantasitc all around imo. Some great weapons, slick armor, the ceremonial Mercury trip, very generous drops for good players while still offering attainable and valuable drops for less MLG teams. You can even get some decent armor drops from the matches, like INT/DIS gauntlets with HC reload and grenade throw distance. I like everything about it except the lack of Passage Coin drops during matches and not enough coins in blue packages (to encourage less skilled teams to keep trying).

ocean

Banned
Nghtly just got a HB queens sniper with shorgaze and ambush, hidden hand, snapshot, and unflinching.

Said he likes snapshot the best.

Maybe he'll stop using his BHam in Trials?
I got Shortgaze, Hidden Hand, QuickDraw and Unflinching on mine. Need to level it up though, haven't gotten around to it.

SOa re treasure keys just cnances to get HB now, or is thiere something you can actually get from the big chests that are worth grinding keys for?

PuMa

Best part was when I asked why he had a white Deacon rocket launcher. He was like, I don't really care I don't use heavy weapons anyways.

#1 ranked ToO PS4 player, doesn't use heavy.

You can just imagine how scrubby I felt :p

Lol, I remember watching that. "I don't use heavy"

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
So, I was in a 34 PoE the other day with some friends and we got to discussing the gifts that Variks presents during the rounds. We were thinking that a couple of the gifts that show up should be the Relic from Vault of Glass and the Sword from Crota's End.

It would give people a chance to practice with them in a bit of a lower pressure setting. I'm thinking that would be a welcome change from the Scorch Cannon.

Full disclosure: I miss using the Relic.

My biggest issue lies with getting nothing from Skolas kills. For what's supposed to be "end-game content" the reward/loot for killing the final boss doesn't feel up to par.

Sure you can get goodies from the chest, but you get the same loot from 32 and 34 PoE's... I just feel like the Skolas drop rate/quality needs to be improved.

Here...

RNG #1 - Does Skolas drop anything?
RNG #2 - Does he drop the weapon you want?
RNG #3 - Does the weapon have the elemental damage you are looking for?
RNG #4 - Does the weapon have the random perk you were hoping for?

It wouldn't be so bad if RNG #1 was 100%. Even if it were 100%, you'd still be lucky to get a gun worth using, so it just highlights how awful the actual system is.

And the armor system is even worse - 1/13 chance at a particular piece of armor, RNG on the stat rolls, RNG on the race rolls.

You will get 3 characters to 30 using only VoG runs before you get close to 1 character having useful Kell armor.

nOoblet16

Can confirm back rock strategy for 35 Skolas works flawlessly. Game changer for this shitty boss fight.

Kadey went there for pilot servitor and it killed her.
We tried going there for Skolas and dude teleported in front of us and killed us.

The biggest problem is getting Skolas near you and get him down on health enough to break the bonds in the 15 seconds you have.

Lothars

So, I was in a 34 PoE the other day with some friends and we got to discussing the gifts that Variks presents during the rounds. We were thinking that a couple of the gifts that show up should be the Relic from Vault of Glass and the Sword from Crota's End.

It would give people a chance to practice with them in a bit of a lower pressure setting. I'm thinking that would be a welcome change from the Scorch Cannon.

Full disclosure: I miss using the Relic.
Me to, I also miss the sword. Both are great mechanics.

SOa re treasure keys just cnances to get HB now, or is thiere something you can actually get from the big chests that are worth grinding keys for?

Nope.

Queens weapons. I think the only one worth the trouble is the sniper. I have that. I hear the RL is good too. I also have it.
Old Exotics. I have all of those.
Class items. I have all 3.

I really don't know what's the point of the big chest.

Top Bottom