• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

rNilla

Hahahaha how did they do that? That's hilarious

I got trapped in there once because I was crouched in the doorway when Variks summoned all guardians but I wasn't teleported. I speculate the game thought I was already in the room but when the door closed it pushed me backwards. Maybe they did something like this and just hung out in the middle until the rest of the team started the encounter.

Arrrammis

I was totally hoping for a gambling type system. Every round you finish increases the drop chance if you choose to open a chest and every time you wipe that chance decreases. Win all 5 without wiping it's 100%, win 4 but don't want to try 5 you get a 75% chance. Win 5 after wiping 10 times it's back down to 75%. It would of given the arena a fun risk/reward system instead of just banging your head against the wall for two hours on the last encounter and leaving with nothing to show for it. Maybe forgive two wipes or something.
I was hoping it would be something like the survival missions in Warframe. You complete 5 waves, then a reward pops up. You can choose to take the reward or you can keep fighting for rarer stuff. Once your team wipes, you get kicked back to orbit, and they get no rewards. There's no weekly cap to how many times you can run the mission. It forces the player to know their limits and know when to take the reward and when they can keep going. Some missions have modfiers like oxygen depletion (life support is cut, so you'll have to get oxygen tanks from certain enemies or points on the map), player health is cut in half, enemies move faster, players must be at a certain point at a certain time to survive, etc.. Pretty much something that is randomized every time you play through it, rather than just changed once a week.

Explanation is on the video description.

Basically the guy died at the end of round 4 on that middle plataform. Before he could be revived the other 2 were teleported by Variks to the airlock.

He used his self-rez as a dome closed around him and skolas appeared behind him.

Seems easy to replicate. lol

It's not particularly good or useful, but the main idea is just that it's occupying the perk slot that something both good and useful could be in. The standard is Hidden Hand.
Ah, I see. I've got that perk on a roll with Firefly, and I couldn't pass that one up.

rc213

Starting Atheon hard mode X3

1. US_Frostburn
2. Ikkarus
3. wearthemada
4. Da_1_hated_tito
5. Wheelhoss1
6. Soup

Going to start up a party chat now so free to join me and game if you're on my friends list already.

Got any room?

Or anyone else got a spot or Maybe Crota?

Krelian

Tried one more time and I think I'll settle for the following:

Scope:
Hawkeye SLR15, Longview SLR10, Tacsys SLS15

Perk 1:
Clown Cartridge

Perk 2:
Quickdraw, High Caliber Rounds, Reinforced Barrel

Perk 3:
Performance Bonus

It's not perfect but the best compromise I rolled so far. Bolded are the perks I'd choose.

Video description explains it. The cheese lock died during Pilot Servitor, others got teleported, then he self res'ed outside. He was standing on the Skolas platform when the phase activated and the dome formed around him with Skolas inside. So he just started dancing and the timing/camera angle worked out perfectly.

Classic Cheeselock behavior.

LordofPwn

Tried one more time and I think I'll settle for the following:

Scope:
Hawkeye SLR15, Longview SLR10, Tacsys SLS15

Perk 1:
Clown Cartridge

Perk 2:
Quickdraw, High Caliber Rounds, Reinforced Barrel

Perk 3:
Performance Bonus

It's not perfect but the best compromise I rolled so far. Bolded are the perks I'd choose.

eh... you should just keep re-rolling

LTWood12

Video description explains it. The cheese lock died during Pilot Servitor, others got teleported, then he self res'ed outside. He was standing on the Skolas platform when the phase activated and the dome formed around him with Skolas inside. So he just started dancing and the timing/camera angle worked out perfectly.

It really is.

PuMa

Bungie just tweeted that clip and said something about a sneak peek to their weekly update.

Yes. That's why we are the best.

exYle

vMn3g5.gif

Honestly, that's why I'm trying to convince myself to use it more. Same with No Land Beyond. Those are my two favorite snipers from a visual standpoint.

Will be a great moment when it finally drops, and then you realize how underwhelming it is and roll a better PVE void shottie in 10 seconds at the Gunsmith.

hmm I like my swordbreaker a lot. What shotgun/reforge would you recommend for void PVE?

Daemul

Best part was when I asked why he had a white Deacon rocket launcher. He was like, I don't really care I don't use heavy weapons anyways.

#1 ranked ToO PS4 player, doesn't use heavy.

You can just imagine how scrubby I felt :p

It was a nice surprise to hear from a person who doesn't use heavy, since I don't use it either. Whenever heavy ammo spawns in matches things always turn into a clusterfuck and people become stupid, so I just stay back and snipe anyone who is too busy trying to get to the heavy spawn to pay any attention to their surroundings.

I'm thinking about farming for VIP patrol kills tomorrow around lunch time (1 EST).

Would anyone else be interested in it?

Basically, 3 of us would load into the Moon Patrol. We'd all head out to a different zone to check for VIP beacons, and then complete them, or reload into the moon as necessary.

For those that don't know, you need 250 VIP kills for Grimoire, and that's all this is for, Grimoire score.

I'm thinking about farming for VIP patrol kills tomorrow around lunch time (1 EST).

Would anyone else be interested in it?

Basically, 3 of us would load into the Moon Patrol. We'd all head out to a different zone to check for VIP beacons, and then complete them, or reload into the moon as necessary.

For those that don't know, you need 250 VIP kills for Grimoire, and that's all this is for, Grimoire score.

Are the VIPs the ones you need to wait for or the ones that are already there when you get to the zone?

I'd be interested if I'm online Kor.

Makes me feel like a newb when I group with Gaffers and they have like 3500 grim and I'm at a measly 3250.

(I was at 2870 before I went ghost hunting solely for this reason :p)

Explanation is on the video description.

Basically the guy died at the end of round 4 on that middle plataform. Before he could be revived the other 2 were teleported by Variks to the airlock.

He used his self-rez as a dome closed around him and skolas appeared behind him.

Seems easy to replicate. lol

I got trapped in there once because I was crouched in the doorway when Variks summoned all guardians but I wasn't teleported. I speculate the game thought I was already in the room but when the door closed it pushed me backwards. Maybe they did something like this and just hung out in the middle until the rest of the team started the encounter.

Hahaha thanks guys. After a cringe-worthy meeting where I was basically disrespected, this video and gif has me laughing so hard again.

I like that idea a lot. Something I thought of was an earning of buffs in your favor as you progressed, which would stack as long as you didn't wipe. A wipe would clear out any buffs, adding a little more pressure to stay alive.

But PoE really has a poor loot system, really not sure why it devolved so badly from the raids.

What's bad about it, or is it just completely useless?

They do that in Warframe on defence missions and it works awesome.

The waves get progressively harder and there are more enemies too.

If Warframe was more like Destiny, and Destiny was more like Warframe, it would be perfect :I

Top Bottom