• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Something with a dope sax beat, perhaps?

cW689QX.gif

Edit1: I love the class warfare. :p

I'm thinking about farming for VIP patrol kills tomorrow around lunch time (1 EST)..

I'd be down if I'm around then. Everything's fun in a group, even Grimoire farming. Maybe some day I'll bother with Hydras and Ogres.

Edit2: I also need like 9 more strikes which I know you get 3x credit for if you run the planet selected strikes in a 3 person fire team. You could do Nexus in like 5 min flat.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Dang! I just finished a PoE 34 and had full bounties and wound up getting the Exotic Weapon bounty pop and I can't accept it.

This sucks

I'd be down if I'm around then. Everything's fun in a group, even Grimoire farming. Maybe some day I'll bother with Hydras and Ogres.

We kill a shit ton of them, but apparently Majors don't count or something? Somehow I am only at 67 Ogres killed with nearly 500 hours Active play.

We kill a shit ton of them, but apparently Majors don't count or something? Somehow I am only at 67 Ogres killed with nearly 500 hours Active play.

Only red bars, which happen to be very rare unless you are repeating low level story missions for some reason smh. I have like 110 kills, it's so silly. I know I could finish them in maybe an hour each but there's always something actually fun to do w friends whenever I log in.

exYle

Edit: lol exactly puma, the sax man is our soundtrack for everything.

You left out the part where he got immediatley stomped to death, lol. Now that's classic Cheeselock behavior!

I was thinking about leaving that in, but I decided to go for the fade loop because it looks so good.

Plus, this way you can imagine that it was a choreographed routine with Skolas =)

Are the VIPs the ones you need to wait for or the ones that are already there when you get to the zone?

VIPs are the beacons that have a circle with a star in them. They typically want you to go kill a single larger target, somewhere off the beaten path. They also give extra rep and XP for completion.

Edit2: I also need like 9 more strikes which I know you get 3x credit for if you run the planet selected strikes in a 3 person fire team. You could do Nexus in like 5 min flat.

Yay! Group fun.

Yes, strikes are super easy to rack up. You don't even need friends for that one, though. You get credit for everyone present at the end of the strike (friends or not) so matchmaking makes that one super easy.

noomi

Just got in, I'm down for some crucible/elimination today.

Should be ready in about 15min if anyone wants to team up :)

LTWood12

This thread is making me so happy today. So my wife went to the doctor and Lieutenant Jr. #2 could arrive in the next two weeks.

The doctor pointed out that the baby's back seemed particularly strong on the scans. All thanks to:

twitch.tv/unstablelive
&
twitch.tv/twilightgap

noomi

This thread is making me so happy today. So my wife went to the doctor and Lieutenant Jr. #2 could arrive in the next two weeks.

The doctor pointed out that the baby's back seemed particularly strong on the scans. All thanks to:

twitch.tv/unstablelive
&
twitch.tv/twilightgap

Oooo! congrats! A little guardian joining to be the destiny family in two weeks :)

Lnkn52

twitch.tv/unstablelive
&
twitch.tv/twilightgap
Congratulations!

Took some screenshots of my characters with some of my new shaders from Prison of Elders, Dead Orbit, Queen's Wrath, and Trials:

Revenant
8RtdCiW.jpg

I think they look cool :)

Pretty sure Revenant on my male hunter does not look like this. When I use it with that ToO gear you have on its missing the camo pattern sections on the leggings and arms. They are white (!) instead. I knew something looked off this whole time!

Why are shaders still not working properly on male characters? Bungle pls.

twitch.tv/unstablelive
&
twitch.tv/twilightgap
What, did one of those two knock your wife up?

M3Rocket

twitch.tv/unstablelive
&
twitch.tv/twilightgap

Congrats. Get the cigars ready.

ich00

twitch.tv/unstablelive
&
twitch.tv/twilightgap

Awesome news! Congrats LT! Sounds like you and t44 have a premade fireteam in the making of the new little ones.

Frostburn

Got my first Crux so now I've finally aquired Necrochasm! It's certainly no Gjallarhorn but nice to finally get one of the few missing exotic guns. Just 4th Horseman and Gjallarhorn to go!

twitch.tv/unstablelive
&
twitch.tv/twilightgap

ayy congrats! not sure what i did but that's awesome

What, did one of those two knock your wife up?

i dismantled my hard light so it wasn't me.

M3Rocket

Would be nice, especially since no one even bothers picking up the scorch cannon when it shows up. The sigh of dissapointment can be heard all around lol

When used properly, the Scorch Cannon can be used to "stun-lock" majors and bosses. Just sticky the grenade on the target and keep holding down the right trigger. The target usually cowers and stops using their weapons, etc. (unless Angry modifier is on). That is a good time for teammates to swarm the target and use their shotguns.

But I do think most people don't like the jarring third person perspective shift once it's equipped. It does require an adjustment just like picking up the sword or relic.

twitch.tv/unstablelive
&
twitch.tv/twilightgap
congrats on the healthy baby. :)

LTWood12

ayy congrats! not sure what i did but that's awesome

i dismantled my hard light so it wasn't me.

The joke was intended to imply that I'd been watching your streams in close proximity to the womb over the last three weeks, and that he somehow absorbed strength through osmosis.

edit: how i didn't forsee what it ACTUALLY implied (graciously pointed out by Macello) is beyond me. Brain must be fried today.

LTWood12

Got my first Crux so now I've finally aquired Necrochasm! It's certainly no Gjallarhorn but nice to finally get one of the few missing exotic guns. Just 4th Horseman and Gjallarhorn to go!

Just be glad you were missing the Crux and not the Husk! Apparently the drop rate on the former is much higher than the latter, at least in my experience.

M3Rocket

The loot system in HoW is complete trash, and Ciphers are the worst of the worst. Every person in my PoE group has had over 3 Ciphers drop, and every person has received more Ciphers than elemental primaries. There are 3 unique exotic weapons and 12 permutations of the fallen primaries which doesn't even include the fallen perks, so I'm not sure what is up with how backward the drop rates are.

On top of all that, I just got the glitch where a stupid Cipher dropped that I don't want or need since I have all 3 weapons already. However, I can't discard it or turn it in. Even if you don't complete Skolas 3 times every week, Ciphers are going to quickly become nothing but an annoyance until Bungie fixes the glitches associated with them.

And I haven't even touched on the awful Judgment's Chance system. The structure of the loot in HoW is a real step back, and I hope we get another contrite but misleading 'we learned from our mistakes' post before the next DLC so I can have at least some false hope that Bungie listens to the community in this regard.

I think that TDB and Crota's End specifically had the best weapon AND frequency drop system so far. Specific drops for armor and regular non-primary raid weapons at specific checkpoints. Want a Elemental Primary or Crux? Kill Crota on Hard. So easy to understand.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think that TDB and Crota's End specifically had the best weapon AND frequency drop system so far. Specific drops for armor and regular non-primary raid weapons at specific checkpoints. Want a Elemental Primary or Crux? Kill Crota on Hard. So easy to understand.
Elemental primaries are available from the Abyss and Bridge.

Top Bottom