• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Iceman829

Thanks man :)
Hope renewed.

Plus she'll have the buffs from her 33 warlock and Titan sisters. :)

Even better with the additional buffs. The game isn't designed to make players into Superman. They will hit you harder and you will hit for less, but blending in with other players reduces your risk of dying. It's always luck of the draw in IB, but if you put enough time into it you will always rank up, especially with the bounties.

Jinjo

I usually rock the similar set of legs that go with it too. Really glad I kept those.

I did this by complete accident after coming back from dinner. Very happy about it though, I can finally get some hunter gear this time.
That said, who will have me on their IB team?

Hnnnnng, so coooooool.

So how does the IB rep glitch work now? You have to be logged into Destiny (orbit?) from before reset or just before IB goes live and then head towards the tower?

shame efrideet's spear isn't one the weapons you can buy from IB this week. only thing I'm now interested in is reaching Rank 3 to get the Etheric light

th3dude

I just want the Vex to be left alone =/. It's a treasured gun.

Well, the intent was that it should have been left alone since February. The problem was that the February changes were inadvertently rolled back, and now have been put back into place.

lt519

How's everyone feel about the 34 PoE rotating to the 32 PoE with the exact same modifiers? Not a huge fan. Was hoping they'd change the modifiers on the earlier rounds of 35 PoE as well. Man I'm negative today, still salty about that Qodron adjustment.

Jinjo

Sharded it all lol?

I did. Even my hard-fought Titan & Warlock IB gear :( Never competed for chest & helm. really regret that now. Only thing that remains is my full Titan VoG set but you can farm that back on other characters thankfully.

I do still have my Epitaph & TDYK, so there's that thank god.

They should really throw that stuff back in the loot/vendor pool.

Hnnnnng, so coooooool.

So how does the IB rep glitch work now? You have to be logged into Destiny (orbit?) from before reset or just before IB goes live and then head towards the tower?

Be in orbit before IB goes live and head to the tower afterwards, yeah. You'll get the message "requirements not met" if you try to select the tower, but changing into some low level gear will allow you to go there anyway.

ich00

yea i'm not a fan of the shower curtain design the cloaks for this expansion have. the collars and hoods look goofy.

Wow, that's a perfect description: shower curtain. I'm not a big fan of the design either, kinda bummed a lot of them look that way now.

th3dude

ahq0Gj8.png

https://twitter.com/_mantis_/status/605798262465949696

E92 M3

Well, the intent was that it should have been left alone since February. The problem was that the February changes were inadvertently rolled back, and now have been put back into place.

They had to manually fix the Vex. That's where it still stands now, right?

I did. Even my hard-fought Titan & Warlock IB gear :( Never competed for chest & helm. really regret that now. Only thing that remains is my full Titan VoG set but you can farm that back on other characters thankfully.

I do still have my Epitaph & TDYK, so there's that thank god.

They should really throw that stuff back in the loot/vendor pool.

By The Taken King you will forget about it lol.

noomi

I want to play iron banner, but adult responsibilities are calling. Hopefully I can get in on some tonight.

Sigh, missed out on armor during the first ToO. I have 4 weeks/1 month to get all of the armor for it now. Hoping I can find people to help carry me.

M3Rocket

Something positive, hooray! Those were really fun runs and you carried us the first match for sure. Two free wins from quitters was icing on the cake. I wish I'd gotten online earlier so that we would've had time to finish M3Rocket's Flawless run but at least he got some boots and would've had another ELight except the Passage cards reset right at the weekly reset. :-/

Thanx so much to you and YzeNup for that--all I really wanted was the boots, and we got it in just in time. Other stuff would simply have been bonus. Thank You for managing this thread and enduring the arrows that are shot your way for silly things like the thread title.

I'm also not comfortable with stuff like "Fuck Bungie!" Bungie is not just a bunch of office buildings, computers, et al. if it weren't for the people that work there, there would be no Bungie, no Destiny. Fuck Bungie to me means fuck the people that work there. I understand some people need to vent, but that is simply uncalled for. And how is that conducive to encouraging any dialog with the creators and makers of the game? How are we to affect any positive change for something we love/hate and spend a lot of our time playing?

Fuck Trickle Qodron and his cowardly Eye! Now that I can get onboard with...

stb

It sounds like folks are keen on ironing some banners tonight to chase that sweet etheric light.

As such, rather than post a suggested itinerary of raid-related activities, I'll just use this post as a roll call for who wants to team up for IB, and ask you to respond with:
- if you can play tonight
- confirm your desired start time (8:30 PM Eastern or 9:30 PM Eastern)
- if you want to run NFs 1/2/3 times before starting IB

Also, if anyone has strong feelings about wanting to run raid stuff tonight, please speak up. There may be enough people between the two usual teams + alts for a raid group to form.

Draft Itinerary:
- nightfalls (Do people want to do these at the start? Before we technical start the IB trains at 8:30? At all?)
- iron banner

Team 1 - 8:30 PM Eastern
1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) [I could go either way on the nightfalls]
2) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)
3) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
4) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
5) captscience (PSN captscience)
6) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)

Team 2 - no specified time this week
[Team 2 appears to be MIA this week - if anyone from the Alts list below *or anyone else* is around tonight, please quote and let me know what time you'll be on, your PSN ID, and what you're looking to do]

Doing other stuff, then around for IB late
1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) [running NF 3x at 9:30 Eastern, then up for IB]
2) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) [running POE35 at 8:45 Eastern, then up for IB]
3) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) [running POE35 at 8:45 Eastern, then up for IB]

Alts
1) LkPr (PSN LkPr) ??
2) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
3) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
4) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??
5) T-44 (PSN T-44) ??
6) Lnkn52 (PSN Lnkn52) ??
7) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) ??
8) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo) ??
9) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??

Unable to play tonight
x) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Can't wait to log on. So much to do...droooool

I think first will be getting a couple of treasure keys and doing the prison.

Hooray for this game!

Posted this on Reddit a bit ago:
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/389149/do_the_ahamkara_live_through_death/

I was standing in the reef watching a hunter friend of mine try on some armor and a slight bit of movement caught my eye. It's very faint, but if you look very closely at the spine of Ahamkara, you will notice that it moves.

Specifically, it moves independent of the Hunter arm. It's almost like it's trying to wag it's tail.

This makes me wonder if death as we know it is just another state for the Ahamkara to live on through. After all, the Ahamkara being extinct is exactly what an Ahamkara would want us to believe.

Uploaded a video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i95wZcbld4

Pay close attention at :01 mark, :13 mark, :20 mark, and :33 mark.

TL;DR version is Spine of Ahamkara moves by itself on the Hunter's arm. Which would indicate the spine and/or creature is still in fact alive.

Top Bottom