• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

SkylineRKR

Hmm, already Rank 2 in IB after an hour of playing. Prices are nice, 2000 for goldspiral now. 7000 for the weapons.

Anyone knows the RNG drops of this IB?

Sometimes my Exo's arm moves on its own unnaturally. I think my Exo was part Ahamkara.

Really?

Can you elaborate?

I love this detail on these gauntlets. The movement is easy to spot when you inspect it in the inventory screen.

The only reason I didn't show that in the video is because I noticed the spine would only move while the Hunter was readjusting her arm, and I didn't want people to think one was causing the other.

geordiemp

So how does IB work now

I thought second characters also got IB XP ?

Just got first to level 2 and nothing on my other characters ?

Should I be levelling 1 character at a time or 3 each day ?

So confused /

Ken

Really?

Can you elaborate?

Was a lame joke about a glitchy animation loop I found. In character gear screen his left arm would usually animate really unnaturally. Hard to describe but if you have a male Exo you can see it sometimes straighten out at the elbow in a weird way.

stb

I may be around. Currently planning to get Skolas for the first time around 8:45 Eastern w/ Hawkian & Rasengan.

I have to admit, I miss the Tuesday night six man stuff :(

I do, too. I liked that last week we went back to the normal raid stuff.

People are hot do IB, though, and we'd talked about the possibility of alternating weeks for raids and poe/non-raids, so it appears we're settling into that pattern.

I just like playing with the guys every week. At this point in the progression, it doesn't matter a whole lot what we play.

SkylineRKR

So how does IB work now

So confused /

I think that if you go to 5 on character 1, then character 2 gains much more.

So how does IB work now

So confused /

We don't have exact numbers but it works something like this

Character gets IB Rep of 50
+10% Emblem bonus
+10% Shader bonus
+10% Class item bonus
+ X% Highest Rank bonus

Where X is (10 * the highest IB rank you have on another character).

So if you have a Titan at Rank 5. You're Warlock or Hunter will get an extra 50% rep bonus. So in the example above, assuming you have all 3 bonuses, Instead of 50 rep, you'd actually get 100 rep (99.8).

AGAIN! The specific numbers used above are for demonstrative purposes. We do not currently know the extra % given at this time.

I've been playing a bit in short spans almost every day, but... I feel like I am missing something. I'm still at level 6 and I feel like I am the only person at this level, as Everybody seems to be between 20 and 34. Not funny when in patrol mode somebody decides to wipe every enemy for you.

I'm missing a group of friends to play, so beyond the story mode missions it does not feel particularly entertaining for me. I also tried the Crucible, but it was the same story. Everybody was at such a high level and had so much experience that it was barely impossible to last more than a few seconds (I haven't played team coop since years ago with TF2 before it started with the item craze).

What I seem to like in this kind of games is PvE, although unless I can find somebody to play with it or in the same levels, looks like I will have to wait until I level up more.

It sounds like folks are keen on ironing some banners tonight to chase that sweet etheric light.

Also, if anyone has strong feelings about wanting to run raid stuff tonight, please speak up. There may be enough people between the two usual teams + alts for a raid group to form.

Draft Itinerary:
- nightfalls (Do people want to do these at the start? Before we technical start the IB trains at 8:30? At all?)
- iron banner

Team 1
1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) [I could go either way on the nightfalls]
2) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)
3) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
4) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
5) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) ??
6) captscience (PSN captscience) ??)

I'm in for some an 8:30 IB session. It'll be fun the play with a full fireteam of our regulars.

I'm still looking for some armor for my Hunter so I wouldn't mind a quick run through the beginning of CE if anyone was interested.

SkylineRKR

IB solo isn't too bad. always leveled up to 5 without much problems. Last IB I went on an 11 streak or so on Sunday, going to rank 5 in one shot from wherever I was. With the medal I don't mind losing that much as long it doesn't exceed 5 in a row.

MrS

Banned
Praise RNGesus
7faf6XT.jpg

phen0m24

I've been playing a bit in short spans almost every day, but... I feel like I am missing something. I'm still at level 6 and I feel like I am the only person at this level, as Everybody seems to be between 20 and 34. Not funny when in patrol mode somebody decides to wipe every enemy for you.

I'm missing a group of friends to play, so beyond the story mode missions it does not feel particularly entertaining for me. I also tried the Crucible, but it was the same story. Everybody was at such a high level and had so much experience that it was barely impossible to last more than a few seconds (I haven't played team coop since years ago with TF2 before it started with the item craze).

What I seem to like in this kind of games is PvE, although unless I can find somebody to play with it or in the same levels, looks like I will have to wait until I level up more.

Take bounties and level up vanguard and then you can level up quickly by buying gear. Quick trip to 32. :)

Namikaze1

So I just got a Void Judgement with Final Round, Smallbore (increases range and stability at the cost of speed reload and reduced magazine size), Accurized Ballistics for more range and impact but increased recoil, Aggresive Ballistics, and Grave Robber. I can do without Grave Robber.

Posted this on Reddit a bit ago:
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/389149/do_the_ahamkara_live_through_death/

TL;DR version is Spine of Ahamkara moves by itself on the Hunter's arm. Which would indicate the spine and/or creature is still in fact alive.
I love this detail on these gauntlets. The movement is easy to spot when you inspect it in the inventory screen.
That's what I was going to post. It's easy to see like that.

You can brute force your way through the last boss of POE 34, basically his add and ether consume phase don't reset but instead are sequential - he will do it at 90%, 75%, 50%, 25%, etc (and regen back to full if you don't kill enough adds). But the level "remembers" when it happened last so when you get him to 50% he won't do the next add phase until 25%, ie you can go from 100 to 25 without adds.

We were screwing around with an ammo run and just kept letting him regen to full hp and killing a new wave of adds, and ended up just killing the boss from 100 to lower every add phase. It took like 8 minutes but basically no real strat, just attack boss, when adds spawn run around and kill as many as you can, rinse and repeat. Kill the critical add when it spawns (save rockets and heavy for that). If anyone dies just stop DPSing the boss, his add phase is based on his HP not a timer so you can spend 1 minute just wandering around waiting to rez.

Top Bottom