• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

ethomaz

Banned
You can brute force your way through the last boss of POE 34, basically his add and ether consume phase don't reset but instead are sequential - he will do it at 90%, 75%, 50%, 25%, etc (and regen back to full if you don't kill enough adds). But the level "remembers" when it happened last so when you get him to 50% he won't do the next add phase until 25%, ie you can go from 100 to 25 without adds.

We were screwing around with an ammo run and just kept letting him regen to full hp and killing a new wave of adds, and ended up just killing the boss from 100 to lower every add phase. It took like 8 minutes but basically no real strat, just attack boss, when adds spawn run around and kill as many as you can, rinse and repeat. Kill the critical add when it spawns (save rockets and heavy for that). If anyone dies just stop DPSing the boss, his add phase is based on his HP not a timer so you can spend 1 minute just wandering around waiting to rez.
Can you brute Ghorn him?

Jinjo

Praise RNGesus
7faf6XT.jpg

Shoulda just bought that one a couple weeks ago when Xur had it. ;)

why are we talking about old armors? something I'm missing or do people just like the way they look

Cause they're still the best looking armors, and now you can upgrade them to max level people (me) are regretting sharding all the good looking stuff.

I thought people said that thing stunk!

Can't wait to try mine out!!!

It does stink, don't listen to Marvel. As soon as the shiny newness wears off.

It's usually pretty painful.

That brings me back to IB 1.0, grinded the shit out of that by just playing with randoms lol. You would only get rep on wins back then.

Can you brute Ghorn him?

Thats what we wanted to do at first but we couldn't decide upon a good spot, so many stealth adds spawn that the doorway wasn't a good spot for us and we wiped first try.

While we were wandering around on an ammo run we ended up just killing him on our second try just brute forcing him down, we used our gallahorns on adds and were using primary and sniper on boss (after all adds dead).

No one in my group got a bounty from 34 boss kill but we all got a treasure key from side chest and crappy weapons from big chest.

SkylineRKR

That brings me back to IB 1.0, grinded the shit out of that by just playing with randoms lol. You would only get rep on wins back then.

That was so painful. I quit after Rank 2 or so. Half the team would leave when the score was 2000 down.

Homeboyd

Nightfall #1: Etheric Light
Nightfall #2: Etheric Light
Nightfall #3: Eternal Warrior Exotic Helm (didn't have it)

/deej out

GhaleonEB

Used to get shards and energies as well but they took them out.

It's progress, but etheric light should have replaced shards, energies and coins on the drop tables. Plenty of coins in the economy with PoE chests, engrams and the weekly Heroic. It's so disappointing to run a NF and get coins from it. :(

joecanada

last week the PoE dude was selling chest piece for armour core... is it different this week? I want some arms so I can alternate between exotic pieces...

PuMa

I just won 5 games in a row with randoms

Granted I did assume the mantle of Lord of Wolves and led my team to victory

I usually get the bottom of the barrel on my team when I play with randoms. I'll constantly be the only player on the team with a positive KDR, and the team gets steamrolled. I get the teammates that flip us to A spawn on Blind Watch.

stb

I'm in for some an 8:30 IB session. It'll be fun the play with a full fireteam of our regulars.

Yeah, it's a good compromise of folks wanting to play more PVP, but do so as a group and work toward etheric.

I'm still looking for some armor for my Hunter so I wouldn't mind a quick run through the beginning of CE if anyone was interested.

Abyss? Abyss/Bridge?

Prior to 8:30, or at 8:30, then run IB?

My wife has requested that I grill tonight for dinner since this is the first week in over a month it hasn't rained every day, so I probably won't be able to do anything before the 8:30 start (7:30 my time).

Anyone else wanna join science for a CE appetizer before the IB main course?

It's progress, but etheric light should have replaced shards, energies and coins on the drop tables. Plenty of coins in the economy with PoE chests, engrams and the weekly Heroic. It's so disappointing to run a NF and get coins from it. :(

Agreed. Coins are the new shards \ energies now that they are removed.

I cannot IB anymore, I was expecting to be revived.
First map was Pantheon than Anomaly 3/4 times with some taste of Exodus Blue, all good fun.

SkylineRKR

So,

I got an NL Shadow 701x. Which was my second one. But the match after I got Split Shifter Pro. It rolled with Accellerated Coils, Range Finder and something else that was decent.

IB delivers so far, lol.

I hate Exodus Blue.

Sill4

I haven't seen any ether light at all. It drops from poe 34, but I need it to level up from 33.

It's like when companies won't hire you due to lack of experience, but you need the job to get experience.

cakely

Three weekly nightfalls, zero etheric light.

I'm officially irritated. If the drop rate is going to be this low, don't even bother putting it in.

I haven't seen any ether light at all. It drops from poe 34, but I need it to level up from 33.

It's like when companies won't hire you due to lack of experience, but you need the job to get experience.

"entry level position"

"minimum 3 years experience"

SkylineRKR

I had a game with all 6 laggers on the opposing team, I just lol'd. Reported them all. Dunno if it does anything... but I always do it.

Three weekly nightfalls, zero etheric light.

I'm officially irritated. If the drop rate is going to be this low, don't even bother putting it in.

I've done three NFs every week since the launch. No etheric light.

In fact I haven't been able to get a single etheric light yet.

Top Bottom