• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Why the hype for The Messenger? I've gotten Spare Change.25 like 4 times, and it's basically the same gun, arguably better. TM has a little more stability, and the .25 has slightly better range/reload/aim assist. Everything else is identical.

For some reason I play ten times better in final game.

E#%$@@@% Gave me my 4th arc messenger.

Got my 4th Solar Jewel today.

I hate the repeat drops. Especially with Mercury chest. I'd even take an arc or void jewel, but the same one 4 times in a row is maddening.

I played sooo bad yesterday on the Cauldron. So many doors! Got swarmed by error codes as well (caterpillar, quail, newt...).
Hopefully it is like last week, where we scrubbed it up on Friday and dominated over the weekend.
Might only go for the Warlock helmet and then sit this one out and play some of the Witcher 3 (just started it).

You get the 9-0?

zewone

Why the hype for The Messenger? I've gotten Spare Change.25 like 4 times, and it's basically the same gun, arguably better. TM has a little more stability, and the .25 has slightly better range/reload/aim assist. Everything else is identical.
I don't think they're anywhere near the same. The Messenger is top tier.

Nope sitting on a 3-0 after restarting twice + a lot of error codes. Might try again today but don't care much about Mercury this week.
All I'm going for now is fun and the Warlock helmet. If I lose the fun, it might be better to sit this one out.

Had a nice run with Xplicit and Hellgast. They got to Mercury, and I went 9-1. Didn't start with the mercy and we lost the 2nd match. Rattled off all wins after that. Hunter is full King Tut mode now.

rNilla

dtlq5yt.gif

Gammacide

Just wanted to post a quick note before bed thanking everyone I raided with and ran PoE with and ran Nightfalls with this week. You were all amazing and nice and understanding and talented. Helped me get Fatebringer and Black Hammer and Song of Ir Yut finally. Still looking for Vision of Confluence, Vex Mythoclast, Abyss Defiant, Fang of Ir Yut, Word of Crota, and Gjallarhorn, but I am confident they'll come eventually. This community is the best.

rpmvEhW.png

This is a good map. Zoba's callouts I think.

Personally, when my group runs trials we usually use A, B, C, Heavy, Specials, and simple callouts like, left, middle, right and "our flank"/"behind us".

Still a good map though.

Dude, I've been wanting a solar jewel for months, as have most people.

Solar jewel is nothing special at all. It's a PvP only gun so the burn doesn't matter, I'll never use it over VoC on solar burns. It'd be a different story if it had extended mag like the Messenger, which is great in PvE.

But that raises a question: Which elemental ToO primaries are worth keeping? My votes:

-Arc Summoner
-Solar Jewel
-Void Scholar
-Solar and Void Messenger

Covers every element missing from raid weapons for each weapon class (since the PoE weapons are so bad). Snagged an arc summoner today so I've got all these and will probably keep my arc scholar as well since I like that gun.

Ken

Solar jewel is nothing special at all. It's a PvP only gun so the burn doesn't matter, I'll never use it over VoC on solar burns. It'd be a different story if it had extended mag like the Messenger, which is great in PvE.

But that raises a question: Which elemental ToO primaries are worth keeping? My votes:

-Arc Summoner
-Solar Jewel
-Void Scholar
-Solar and Void Messenger

Covers every element missing from raid weapons for each weapon class (since the PoE weapons are so bad). Snagged an arc summoner today so I've got all these and will probably keep my arc scholar as well since I like that gun.

Messenger's clip size is too small for PVE. :<

Scholar too, compared to field scout VoC and Fang.

Top Bottom