• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

blackflag

^I'll run PoE 34 and/or 35 w you Sunday afternoon or evening if you're around casmith.

Scholar is a PvE-only gun, but a very nice one I think. Summoner is also really nice... for an auto rifle ;_; Still keeping my arc one in case of an AR buff like EJ said. Agree that Jewel is so outclassed by the exotic HCs that it doesn't really have a purpose.

Outside primaries, Astral Horizon is nice to have a higher impact void shotgun than Swordbreaker for PvE even if the perks are meh. Fusion rifle Exile is a good PvP FR (so kinda useless). Sniper Eye of Sol is too low impact for PvE and has weak perks/not rollable for PvP. Rocket launcher Tomorrow's Answer is first rate in PvP although you can roll a comparable Rad Fury or Ash Factory. The machine gun is nice but blatantly outclassed by the rollable BTRD (even one with meh perks).

Edit: despite all that, I want to keep a full set of Trials weapons and armor for each class. I like the designs a lot plus they have a lot of utility. Not sure if I'll keep a single PoE weapon or armor piece.

That would be awesome. I should be around all day so I'll look out for you. I've done 34 before no problem but haven't tried 35 yet. I have 2 at level 34. Game won't let me on so I might as well sleep for now. Thanks!

Mindlog

Posting for new page.
I need a Hunter to join my game for two minutes. Anyone around?
Works in any pool of water. Very strange o_O

Another fun fact: shooting your own trip mine with Red Death triggers life regen. Not sure if it works w lightning grenades.
Can you shoot friendly (teammate) tripmines for health regen?
If so continue that line of thought.

Any Hunters around?

^nice to know DJ, figured it would.

Wonder if anyone is ever reported for being helpful....]

I reported Unstable and Wicked for Helpful, Friendly and Highly Skilled during our ToO runs today, haha. I actually do that for all my friends every so often when I remember it. Nice habit to get into, even if it doesn't do anything.

Edit: despite all that, I want to keep a full set of Trials weapons and armor for each class. I like the designs plus they have a lot of utility. Not sure if I'll keep a single PoE weapon or armor piece.

I'll keep my hammerhead shark Titan helmet around to give my FT a good laugh. So many times I've put it on during the ToO intro and got the "wtf are you wearing?!!" response :p

border

If anyone here just sent me a message on PSN, I didn't get it. I got a notification that said I received a message, but it is not showing up because I guess PSN is still screwed.

Is there an exploder box on their spawn? Throw swarm, switch to blade dancer real fast, watch swarm zero in on box and fill super?

Or... Throw swarm, switch to bd with lucky raspberry, use a grenade that counters swarm and proc quintencance or whatever.

exYle

Pretty disgusting and blatant. Forgot about the player reporting system. Hope more folks report this shit.

Bungie better act fast.

Wonder if anyone is ever reported for being helpful....

Edit: Top of Page

vMn3g5.gif

I love that this gif still keeps getting posted =)

Is there an exploder box on their spawn? Throw swarm, switch to blade dancer real fast, watch swarm zero in on box and fill super?

Or... Throw swarm, switch to bd with lucky raspberry, use a grenade that counters swarm and process quintencance or whatever.

Switching subclass resets your grenade and melee cool downs and LR only charges on respawns/revives unless I'm missing something. I've never tried to switch to BD with LR for a fast grenade so who knows. No idea how those guys did it.

The perk is "ashes to assets" btw.

Edit1: DGAF tricked me into this double post. Thread was humming along just a second ago...

I love that this gif still keeps getting posted =)

That gif is the new DGAF spirit animal. I'd like to include it in the next OP but it'd be ideal if Gaffers could recreate it just so it would be all "Homemade" so to speak. I like to feature DGAFers as much as possible. You could even have two Warlocks die and respawns outside after the Pilot Servitor fight for double dancing. Should be easy enough and I'd do it myself but I'm out of town and this OT ain't gonna last until I get back.

Edit2: a-ha! Just like I said, 3 posts right there below me! Where were you 10 seconds ago when I needed you?

^I'll run PoE 34 and/or 35 w you Sunday afternoon or evening if you're around casmith.

Scholar is a PvE-only gun, but a very nice one I think. Summoner is also really nice... for an auto rifle ;_; Still keeping my arc one in case of an AR buff like EJ said. Agree that Jewel is so outclassed by the exotic HCs that it doesn't really have a purpose.

Outside primaries, Astral Horizon is nice to have a higher impact void shotgun than Swordbreaker for PvE even if the perks are meh. Fusion rifle Exile is a good PvP FR (so kinda useless). Sniper Eye of Sol is too low impact for PvE and has weak perks/not rollable for PvP. Rocket launcher Tomorrow's Answer is first rate in PvP although you can roll a comparable Rad Fury or Ash Factory. The machine gun is nice but blatantly outclassed by the rollable BTRD (even one with meh perks).

Edit: despite all that, I want to keep a full set of Trials weapons and armor for each class. I like the designs plus they have a lot of utility. Not sure if I'll keep a single PoE weapon or armor piece.

I already have weapons that outclass them all, that's probably why I don't care for them much. I have a void Felwinter with the prefect roll. FR is a FR like you said, so whatever. I don't snipe much in pvp, plus it has average perks. Tomorrow's Answer is actually pretty good, but I already have a Fury (Tracking and Clown Cartridge) and an Ash (Tripod and Horseshoes), so it's no use to me really. Plus I have a BTRD.

One thing I will say is I do like the design and color of them.

That gif is the new DGAF spirit animal. I'd like to include it in the next OP but it'd be ideal if Gaffers could recreate it just so it would be all "Homemade" so to speak. I like to feature DGAFers as much as possible. You could even have two Warlocks die and respawns outside after the Pilot Servitor fight for double dancing. Should be easy enough and I'd do it myself but I'm out of town and this OT ain't gonna last until I get back.

Going to be hard to recreate. Even if you get a Warlock to kill themselves out there at the right time. You get 1 shot to get the position and orientation right. Good Luck.

Would be even more fun with 2 cheeselocks, but 1 is sufficient.

Lima

Or... Throw swarm, switch to bd with lucky raspberry, use a grenade that counters swarm and proc quintencance or whatever.

Well you can hear that they are doing something in their spawn with the swarm grenades. Looks like they figured out a way to trigger the super energy from grenades by not killing anything.

grief

Sorry again. I'm just so mad at myself for wasting mine and yours time on that broken fight.

No worries dude, it's so frustrating. We ended up getting him after another 40 minutes of playing the same game with him. Thanks a lot ichabod for jumping in to help and for helping me inadvertently get the Raiding Party trophy!

I guess I should do a flawless raid now and become legend.....

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think that works ANYWHERE. If you're standing in a pool of water, you can commit suicide by shooting at your foot.

I wasn't standing in a pool of water though. I killed someone and kept shooting him when he's dead but also shooting myself in the foot.

I'll make a video.

hEist

finally, we made it yesterday to 9:0.
First card was 8:1, second 9:1 and third was our welcome-ticket to the mercury (first time for me). jesus, so intense sometimes.
And kinda like this map, not so much camping/sniping, although some people tried (Room of C or spawn point of team B, next to the stairs)

also matched one team, where hunter used gg glitch, just warned my team cause they didn't about it until then. Pretty disgusting and hope bungie will drop the hammer.

got only the messenger (solar) out of the chest. But it's definitely easier on friday rather than playing on saturdays/sundays.

I think that works ANYWHERE. If you're standing in a pool of water, you can commit suicide by shooting at your foot.

Thought so too, but yesterday we tried to do that in the pool of water in the Hive PoE room and it wouldn't work. Game glitched and wouldn't complete the round so we had to kill ourselves. Ended up having to rocket suicide.

I already have weapons that outclass them all, that's probably why I don't care for them much. I have a void Felwinter with the prefect roll. FR is a FR like you said, so whatever. I don't snipe much in pvp, plus it has average perks. Tomorrow's Answer is actually pretty good, but I already have a Fury (tracking and clown cartridge) and an Ash (Tripod and Horseshoes), so it's no use to me really. Plus I have a BTRD.

One thing I will say is I also do like the design and color of them.

Yeah I totally understand what you're saying. I just get bored of using only the very best of each weapon class all the time, especially in PvP. For sweaty matches/Trials I'll use TLW almost exclusively but I've had a lot of fun this week messing around with an NL Shadow I rolled to have auto fire and high stability. Shoots so fast it's almost like a decent AR, although it obviously still doesn't compete with top tier Crucible primaries.

It's also nice to have decent weapons of each element of all 3 characters just for variety during NFall burns, raids, w/e.

Ken

Yeah I totally understand what you're saying. I just get bored of using only the very best of each weapon class all the time, especially in PvP. For sweaty matches/Trials I'll use TLW almost exclusively but I've had a lot of fun this week messing around with an NL Shadow I rolled to have auto fire and high stability. Shoots so fast it's almost like a decent AR, although it obviously still doesn't compete with top tier Crucible primaries.

It's also nice to have decent weapons of each element of all 3 characters just for variety during NFall burns, raids, w/e.

THE SHADOW.

Thanks ethomaz and McArkus for the great ToO run tonight!

7-3 wooo!

Got the Titan Helmet and the Machine Gun.

Pumped to try and get the Helmet on my Warlock tomorrow.

Good night DGAF!

Top Bottom