• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Personally, when my group runs trials we usually use A, B, C, Heavy, Specials, and simple callouts like, left, middle, right and "our flank"/"behind us"

Yeah that's a bit much for callouts imo, stuff like "B Lower C" is pretty convoluted. Your team should be grouped up and/or on the same page enough that simpler callouts convey the same information. I'd also be sure to call them alpha and bravo spawn instead of A/B since Bravo especially is nowhere near B point. Regardless, it's critical that all teammates know and use the same callouts no matter what names they use. Still a good map like you said.

Solar jewel is nothing special at all. It's a PvP only gun so the burn doesn't matter, I'll never use it over VoC on solar burns. It'd be a different story if it had extended mag like the Messenger, which is great in PvE.

But that raises a question: Which elemental ToO primaries are worth keeping? My votes:

-Arc Summoner
-Solar Jewel
-Void Scholar
-Solar and Void Messenger

Covers every element missing from raid weapons for each weapon class (since the PoE weapons are so bad). Snagged an arc summoner today so I've got all these and will probably keep my arc scholar as well since I like that gun.

Agree with your list, Summoner feels pretty good for an AR so I might keep that one around in case of an AR buff. I kept a Solar and Void Jewel, mainly because a Solar hand cannon is quite unique (still prefer my Solar Messenger/VoC) and the Void one just feels better than WoC, but perk-wise they're not that great. Also, I don't have a Void Scholar so that's why I'll hold onto a Void Jewel. What are the perks on the Scholar, that's one gun that refuses to drop for me :p

Ugh. I can use PSN fine (friends list, party chat, etc) but Destiny keeps telling me I'm not connected to PSN

I got a 6-1 card I need to finish up here!!!

I don't think it raises it that high at least still not enough for pve without a fast reload perk.

33 is plenty for a high impact PR. Give it a spin in PoE sometime, it's great. Head seeker especially is really nice.

And Scholar only has 13 but it's a very high impact SR with Outlaw so you can reload at super speed which then gives bonus damage to get another critical shot kill which feeds outlaw which feeds reactive reload etc. I like it a lot, although VoC is still king. I know Fang is good but I've just never taken a shine to it.

Agree with your list, Summoner feels pretty good for an AR so I might keep that one around in case of an AR buff. I kept a Solar and Void Jewel, mainly because a Solar hand cannon is quite unique (still prefer my Solar Messenger/VoC) and the Void one just feels better than WoC, but perk-wise they're not that great. Also, I don't have a Void Scholar so that's why I'll hold onto a Void Jewel. What are the perks on the Scholar, that's one gun that refuses to drop for me :p

It has Outlaw and Reactive Reload.

I personally find most of the ToO underwhelming. The only one that is extremely good is Messenger. Jewel could be great, but it's outclassed by the exotic Handcannons so there's no point in using it really.

Had a nice run with Xplicit and Hellgast. They got to Mercury, and I went 9-1. Didn't start with the mercy and we lost the 2nd match. Rattled off all wins after that. Hunter is full King Tut mode now.

Nice Grim! Look at you growing up and leaving the house already ;)
Maybe I can hop on your back later on.

I personally find most of the ToO underwhelming. The only one that is extremely good is Messenger. Jewel could be great, but it's outclassed by the exotic Handcannons so there's no point in using it really.

Thanks, sounds pretty ok then!
Yeah totally agree, it is such a trade off: elemental damage but PvP perks...
Only two ToO weapons that I use somewhat frequently are the Void Jewel (until I get a Void Messenger/Scholar) and a Solar Messenger.

Can't be the golden gun glitch. They've got supers immediately and it doesn't even seem like they could've chained enough orbs to get supers every round after that. Cheaters who also t-bag the orbs? I seriously hope Bungie permanently bans their accounts, whatever they're doing is as bad as lag switching.

Solar jewel is nothing special at all. It's a PvP only gun so the burn doesn't matter, I'll never use it over VoC on solar burns. It'd be a different story if it had extended mag like the Messenger, which is great in PvE.

But that raises a question: Which elemental ToO primaries are worth keeping? My votes:

-Arc Summoner
-Solar Jewel
-Void Scholar
-Solar and Void Messenger

Covers every element missing from raid weapons for each weapon class (since the PoE weapons are so bad). Snagged an arc summoner today so I've got all these and will probably keep my arc scholar as well since I like that gun.

Yeah I don't care about solar jewel anymore, would like a void messenger though.

Loving the messenger in crucible, void one would make the Thorn bounty so much easier.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Can't be the golden gun glitch. They've got supers immediately and it doesn't even seem like they could've chained enough orbs to get supers every round after that. Cheaters who also t-bag the orbs? I seriously hope Bungie permanently bans their accounts, whatever they're doing is as bad as lag switching.
Agreed. Having your Super in fucking Round 1 is utter bollocks.

ethomaz

Banned
Just came back from 4-1 to take it. Whew.
I loose after winning from 4-1 two times in a row... it was terrible.

The next matches we got 4-1 again and we were like "Ohhhhhh 4-1... play safe... not get nervous" lol

I'm glad I didn't loose after 4-1 anymore after that :D

SnakeEyes

Banned
Kids who enjoy cheating and winning an unfair fight (and then teabagging like they're good) are bollocks. You won an unlevel playing field, good for you?
Exactly. People need to report that shit repeatedly, and get them permabanned.

Just watched the entire video, that Jadem fucker has 4 Supers in 4 rounds - Blade Dancer in 1, and Golden Gun in 2, 3, and 4. What the actual fuck.

Pretty disgusting and blatant. Forgot about the player reporting system. Hope more folks report this shit.

Bungie better act fast.

Wonder if anyone is ever reported for being helpful....

Edit: Top of Page

vMn3g5.gif

^I'll run PoE 34 and/or 35 w you Sunday afternoon or evening if you're around casmith.

Scholar is a PvE-only gun, but a very nice one I think. Summoner is also really nice... for an auto rifle ;_; Still keeping my arc one in case of an AR buff like EJ said. Agree that Jewel is so outclassed by the exotic HCs that it doesn't really have a purpose.

Outside primaries, Astral Horizon is nice to have a higher impact void shotgun than Swordbreaker for PvE even if the perks are meh. Fusion rifle Exile is a good PvP FR (so kinda useless). Sniper Eye of Sol is too low impact for PvE and has weak perks/not rollable for PvP. Rocket launcher Tomorrow's Answer is first rate in PvP although you can roll a comparable Rad Fury or Ash Factory. The machine gun is nice but blatantly outclassed by the rollable BTRD (even one with meh perks).

Edit: despite all that, I want to keep a full set of Trials weapons and armor for each class. I like the designs plus they have a lot of utility. Not sure if I'll keep a single PoE weapon or armor piece.

Top Bottom