• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

ethomaz

Banned
I'm drunk.

So why not more ToO.

Anybody needs a new student of the TLW's arts? I'm close to be a cowboy.

Thanks ethomaz and McArkus for the great ToO run tonight!

7-3 wooo!

Got the Titan Helmet and the Machine Gun.

Pumped to try and get the Helmet on my Warlock tomorrow.

Good night DGAF!
Thank you too... it was a really fun run ;)

M3Rocket

I wasn't standing in a pool of water though. I killed someone and kept shooting him when he's dead but also shooting myself in the foot.

I'll make a video.

Well that's strange.

Thought so too, but yesterday we tried to do that in the pool of water in the Hive PoE room and it wouldn't work. Game glitched and wouldn't complete the round so we had to kill ourselves. Ended up having to rocket suicide.

There's a LOT of strange things that happen in that Hive arena!

I think they also fixed the bug where if you sit on top of the spawn door to the right, the major adds wouldn't spawn. Tried it a couple of times to check on Tuesday, and the wizards and boomers came streaming out of the other doors. Although nothing came out of the door I was sitting on.

I suspect the random teleport also occurs because somehow in certain places, you are considered outside of the arena. If the fireteam stays away from the very edges of the arena, no one gets teleported.

Thanks for the runs Cat and MS. Three lighthouse runs in a night. I would've been happy with one.

That's how we do. :p You carried the day a few times, so you don't need to thank us. And you put up with me constantly running my mouth. They were fun games, that's all I really want from Trials. Well...

The Eye of Sol would be nice too...

There's a LOT of strange things that happen in that Hive arena!

I think they also fixed the bug where if you sit on top of the spawn door to the right, the major adds wouldn't spawn. Tried it a couple of times to check on Tuesday, and the wizards and boomers came streaming out of the other doors. Although nothing came out of the door I was sitting on.

I suspect the random teleport also occurs because somehow in certain places, you are considered outside of the arena. If the fireteam stays away from the very edges of the arena, no one gets teleported.

One thing I saw in the Hive room in Round 4 of the Urrox challenge ,which is the Arc Burn and Mine Dismantle round, we took the time to activate/clear out all the red "Slow" mines or grenades in the room before completing the first wave so they wouldn't be a hinderance since that Round is already fairly challenging with so many arc enemies.

Funny thing was, Wave 2 started and only a couple of thralls came in and nothing else. We dismantled the mines in an empty room but the round wouldn't complete. When one of us approached a door, then all the other enemies poured out and we killed them. Same thing happened for the 3rd wave.

Wondering if this was just a one off thing. We tried it again on subsequent playthroughs on Round 4 of Urrox and it happened again. It was a repeatable glitch and made the round absurdly easy.

Makes me wonder if something similar happens elsewhere if you clear out all the red mines first.

Mindlog

Well Bad Juju Shadow stacking works on Swarm Nades if you have the aim.
In the video you can clearly hear two swarms and some final rounds? being shot off.

Swarm survives after switching to Bladedancer from Gunslinger. Just missing the third element to kick the party off. Probably something dumb like standing in water room and hurting yourself.

M3Rocket

One thing I saw in the Hive room in Round 4 of the Urrox challenge ,which is the Arc Burn and Mine Dismantle round, we took the time to activate/clear out all the red "Slow" mines or grenades in the room before completing the first wave so they wouldn't be a hinderance since that Round is already fairly challenging with so many arc enemies.

Funny thing was, Wave 2 started and only a couple of thralls came in and nothing else. We dismantled the mines in an empty room but the round wouldn't complete. When one of us approached a door, then all the other enemies poured out and we killed them. Same thing happened for the 3rd wave.

Wondering if this was just a one off thing. We tried it again on subsequent playthroughs on Round 4 of Urrox and it happened again. It was a repeatable glitch and made the round absurdly easy.

That also happened to us last week! We don't know why since none of us were trying to do the door glitch then. But trying the door glitch this week, and it didn't work. Although it's not that hard to clear it anyway now that everyone in the team is 34.

OT22 lasted 11 days. E3 starts on the 15th. This one will probably not last much longer than that.

Not sure if Ghaleon is around but I have a dilemma... There's no way this OT will last until Sunday, let alone E3 or later. In fact, there's only ~300 posts left and it took about 3.5 hours for the last 300 to be made. I know 3-7am EST is the slowest posting time but I really don't think this OT will last if I go to sleep now.

So... I could make the new one now-ish but don't want to break any rules (if they exist) or offend anyone sensitive to "DGAF OTs have inflated stats" criticisms like the "80% LFG" stuff. Or I could set an alarm. Or I could just not sleep for a while. Hmmm. Now I know why nobody else nominated themselves for this job...

McArkus

I'm drunk.

So why not more ToO.

Anybody needs a new student of the TLW's arts? I'm close to be a cowboy.

Thank you too... it was a really fun run ;)

Yeah! Quite enjoyed those matches, some really close, also got the titan helmet, tomorrow will be the warlock one.

Qwell

Anyone want a low down and dirty hunter who wants to play with the GG stuff in their ToO or would everyone just want to spit on my face?

PS I kinda suck at pvp

Also, have there been any good OT title candidates in the last ~10 pages? Trying to get caught up now but doesn't seem like there've been a ton of suggestions this OT.

CLBridges

Dang, me, babyghost and bicep_curl just went on a rampage in ToO, things just clicked I guess. I think bicep got Mercury and babyghost would've if he had enough coins to buy the one loss boon. Either way, thanks for the matches guys, that was excellent fun.

Also, have there been any good OT title candidates in the last ~10 pages? Trying to get caught up now but doesn't seem like there've been a ton of suggestions this OT.

Very few suggestions. Kind of weird that there isn't some big "Gripe of the Week" type of thing to make fun of. Something transient like the Hunter swarm grenade abuse is hardly worth an OT. The only "news" we really have to go on is the Skolas "nerf".

Get the creative juices flowing GAF.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Dang, me, babyghost and bicep_curl just went on a rampage in ToO, things just clicked I guess. I think bicep got Mercury and babyghost would've if he had enough coins to buy the one loss boon. Either way, thanks for the matches guys, that was excellent fun.

Damn yes it was! Thanks guys that was a blast. We were like 2-3 on the first couple cards, then just went HAM lol. Was was praying for the helm and got mercury. That was a blast, feel free to hit me up anytime.

Special shout out for CLBridges there for being just nasty with the LastWord and being clutch when it was 1 on 1 with the score 4-4 on our last game. Mercy.

You could probably make a golden gun joke or something. But yeah, I'm not very creative.

"GG guys, and I don't mean good games!"

Something along those lines.

Exactly. People need to report that shit repeatedly, and get them permabanned.

Just watched the entire video, that Jadem fucker has 4 Supers in 4 rounds - Blade Dancer in 1, and Golden Gun in 2, 3, and 4. What the actual fuck.

byebitch.gif

i dont understand stupidity. everyone knows you will be banned and they do it anyway

GhaleonEB

Makes me wonder if something similar happens elsewhere if you clear out all the red mines first.
We had an odd situation with the Servitor boss this week. My team burned him down to 50%, triggering the target. Only, after the first waypoint appeared, he gorged on ether and regenerated. Since he was back over 50%, the target didn't come out, and we finished him off. Then, the target came out, solo, and began to run his circuit all alone. Finishing him off is how the round ended. It was hilarious.

phen0m24

Why does Skolas keep coming to the back so fast. Is the game glitchy? Seems like the targets would sprint right through the blinder bubble too. Weird

Future

Isn't that known to happen if someone stands on the tall rock. This is how I completed awhile back

Ken

We had an odd situation with the Servitor boss this week. My team burned him down to 50%, triggering the target. Only, after the first waypoint appeared, he gorged on ether and regenerated. Since he was back over 50%, the target didn't come out, and we finished him off. Then, the target came out, solo, and began to run his circuit all alone. Finishing him off is how the round ended. It was hilarious.

VIP AI is hilariously bad. Minotaur VIP will go aggro on Guardians and ignore the point completely. Captain VIPs sometimes forget their route and just stand still. Cabal is probably the most consistent in that he'll go for the target, in my experience.

Why does Skolas keep coming to the back so fast. Is the game glitchy? Seems like the targets would sprint right through the blinder bubble too. Weird
The vip target will haul ass through a titan bubble. He don't give a fuck. And apparently can still be an Olympic sprinter while he's blind and know exactly where he's going.

Top Bottom