• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

FyreWulff

We had an odd situation with the Servitor boss this week. My team burned him down to 50%, triggering the target. Only, after the first waypoint appeared, he gorged on ether and regenerated. Since he was back over 50%, the target didn't come out, and we finished him off. Then, the target came out, solo, and began to run his circuit all alone. Finishing him off is how the round ended. It was hilarious.

I saved the clip of that - I should upload it.

Qwell

Ouch. You didn't have that locked?

I wish Legendaries had a slightly longer dismantle timer like Exotics. They are dismantled infrequently enough for that to not be a nuisance.
Yah I should probably start to lock weapons, first time I have ever done that, at least I have 2 others and I'm using destiny item manager now so its easy to switch. I just liked having one on everyone like fatebringer, its a great legendary heavy.

Ken

Yah I should probably start to lock weapons, first time I have ever done that, at least I have 2 others and I'm using destiny item manager now so its easy to switch. I just liked having one on everyone like fatebringer, its a great legendary heavy.

I just lock anything that I use and transfer around a lot.

I just dismantled my corrective measure on accident :(

that sucks. i don't think i've ever accidentally dismantled something (especially with locking), but i've dismantled a weapon or armor piece that i thought looked bad, only to regret it immediately afterwards because i didn't think about its potential uses long enough.

Trace

Banned
Has anyone gotten an Ill Will from crucible? I just got a revelator with braced frame/luck in the chamber/final around and it seems like Ill Will with that roll would make a great budget hawkmoon.

FyreWulff

We had an odd situation with the Servitor boss this week. My team burned him down to 50%, triggering the target. Only, after the first waypoint appeared, he gorged on ether and regenerated. Since he was back over 50%, the target didn't come out, and we finished him off. Then, the target came out, solo, and began to run his circuit all alone. Finishing him off is how the round ended. It was hilarious.

Alright, here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5m07785fQQ

Not sure if Ghaleon is around but I have a dilemma... There's no way this OT will last until Sunday, let alone E3 or later. In fact, there's only ~300 posts left and it took about 3.5 hours for the last 300 to be made. I know 3-7am EST is the slowest posting time but I really don't think this OT will last if I go to sleep now.

So... I could make the new one now-ish but don't want to break any rules (if they exist) or offend anyone sensitive to "DGAF OTs have inflated stats" criticisms like the "80% LFG" stuff. Or I could set an alarm. Or I could just not sleep for a while. Hmmm. Now I know why nobody else nominated themselves for this job...

Go to bed, I doubt we'll cross 300 posts in the next 5-6 hours.

Go to bed, I doubt we'll cross 300 posts in the next 5-6 hours.

DEkNXm8.jpg

Edit: also my problem is that I'll be super busy IRL once I get up, won't be near a computer for another 9+ hours if I don't do it now.

....fuck it, I'll do it now. Keep making Fig posts so it'll be closer to 20k by the time I'm done.

Has anyone gotten an Ill Will from crucible? I just got a revelator with braced frame/luck in the chamber/final around and it seems like Ill Will with that roll would make a great budget hawkmoon.

I have an Ill Will that I rolled for that exact perk set, 5 bullet clip... But the RoF is way too slow to be viable imo. Of course you can still use it and have fun, and the LiC/FR perks can stack (like HMoon) which gives 168 crit damage. I bust it out occasionally for a change of pace but the reload and RoF especially are brutal.

I'd say save your motes/glimmer/weapon parts for something else. Like an NL Shadow with auto fire. Shadow hype!

^lol Damn, sorry to hear that Colonel. Skolas can either be a cinch or a total pain sometimes, definitely takes some luck. I was gonna do a run to help Blackflag Sunday evening if you're around then.

Just to reach the new OP.

9th beer now.

Boom. Posts like this, beautiful. Pad those stats DGAF.

SonComet

So happy. Got my first flawless! Played with two awesome guys and I pulled out some 2v1s I didn't know I had in me :). Need the legs and chest to complete the armor set. And man, that was exhilarating.

So happy. Got my first flawless! Played with two awesome guys and I pulled out some 2v1s I didn't know I had in me :). Need the legs and chest to complete the armor set. And man, that was exhilarating.

Congrats! That first flawless is definitely the sweetest ;)
Did you get something nice from the Lighthouse chest?

Thanks! My heart was pounding on our last round. Got a solar summoner :|. Maybe someday they will buff autos again.

Ah ok, well it could've been an Arc Jewel ;)
The Summoner actually feels pretty good (like a Shadow Price/Vanquisher), so definitely keep it around in case of an AR buff as you said.

Zooooooooba.

I needs some master tips with TLW... like how to get better firing from the hip.

put tape on your tv marking the reticle location and hip fire through strikes until you get a feel of the range and recoil.

when it comes to shooting players, body shots around neck level will be devastating. i'm not really sure how to help you aim more consistently with it though - me especially since i suck and the gun is hit or miss when you're playing poorly.

Top Bottom