• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

phen0m24

Guys, I am at Skolas now. My other two random LFGers have bailed on me before we could complete (damn mines!). I need two who's available now to jump in and let me complete it. I don't have my mic at the minute but will be able to listen. Preferably a couple of you who are experts!

I have all the gear to do it - is there another 34 with 365 solar weapons?

34 Titan

PSN ColonelOCorn

Ken

Rolled Radegast's Fury with Tripod and Clusterbomb. I know it's not Horsehoes and Grenades but is it close enough? *rimshot*

No seriously, is that keepable?

No.

You want the proximity detonation especially when trying to hit airborne targets where clusters will detonate harmlessly against the wall behind them.

Cool. I'll add you two. My PSN is ToVenusAndBack and back. As I said, no mic at the moment but listening. Just let me know when you're ready to join and I'll wipe.

Ken

Is H&G more important than Tripod?

With a standard 2 in the tube rocket like The Fear iirc, you could definitely live without tripod. Mine has clown cartridge and that works, However radagast has 1 in the tube iirc so that's rough cause you don't want to be caught reloading after every shot.

Agent

G&H is the most important perk on a PvP launcher, followed by Tripod. Middle tree you want something to complement Velocity or Blast Radius.

Clown Cartridge is also good. I have that on my Radegast and it procs fairly frequently. I've had 4 rounds turn into 6. Of course, with 1 round and slow reload it isn't for everyone.

Namikaze1

We gonna stream later on today the "Get Zoba Flawless Raider" raid run. Todd, Fig, and myself are going. Don't know yet about Math. Haven't heard from LiK.

LiK

We gonna stream later on today the "Get Zoba Flawless Raider" raid run. Todd, Fig, and myself are going. Don't know yet about Math. Haven't heard from LiK.

Nah, I need ToO Titan helm and I'm done for the day. Currently grinding normal PVP to level up this gear.

ocean

Banned
What are some really good legendary primaries for PvP since I love to run Icebreaker

High impact Pulse Rifles like The Messenger, followed by mid-impact Hand Cannons like Jewel of Osiris/Red Hand IX (the high impact ones like Timur's Lash and Ill Will are not as effective in my experience, too slow). Depending on the map and your play style, a high impact Scout like The Scholar or Ghaelon's Demise (3 headshot kill) are not bad, but a lot less versatile. You'd need a shotgun for close quarters and since you're running sniper, Scouts are a bad complement. Auto Rifles are universally bad right now, don't even bother.

That said, PvP is where Primaries deserve the exotic slot. The gap between Exotic and Legendary primaries is far higher than the gap between Exotic and Legendary secondaries. Meaning, there are plenty of legendary snipers as good (and a lot better, in fact) than Ice Breaker, whereas no legendary primary can compete with The Last Word or Thorn.

Ice Breaker is high impact and has very good aim assist. It suffers, however, from extremely strong recoil so it's impossible to land a follow-up shot if you miss a headshot. LDR 5001 and Her Benevolence have the same impact/RoF while boasting FAR better stability. Her Benevolence has the additional benefits of actually having even higher aim assistance than Iron Banner and also being re rollable (you can get better sights, Hidden Hand, Unflinching and maybe an additional boost to stability or magazine size).

Having re generating Sniper ammo is super nice, but the tradeoffs are too many. Ultimately, I'd suggest you try out top-tier legendary Snipers instead of playing with legendary primaries for the most part.

Top Bottom