• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

nOoblet16

Yep that was exactly what I was looking for, preferably Injection Mold. I was doing pretty good with my old Efrideet's Spear in ToO so I guess it can only get better.

Not on Xbox, but it sure was laggy compared to ToO.
Guys disappearing and walking into walls, only to appear behind you.
Had some fun nonetheless with a GAF group.

And this is why I want connection based MM to remain, people who want a pure skill based MM will be the same people who will then complain about laggers and teleporters and lag switchers.

There can be a compromise in connection based MM in that it searches for players with similar skill in nearby areas first, then if it can't find any it increases the search radius etc etc. But then it comes down to the factor, how do you quantify skill ? A player with 1000+ matches and 1.4KDR can very well be a better player than a player with 100 matches and 2.5KDR. It's all very arbitrary...

Ganhyun

Good job making keys drop more. Also, good job making ammo stack in sets of 100.

Now, a question for those on GAF who grab the Gorgon checkpoint. Is this still something that can be looted for exotics on both normal and hard? Or is it just a one time loot now? I ask because I when I get home I need to grab this for a couple of friends and I need to know if they will be able to have 6 chances at exotics or just 3.

Re-posting for new page.

Obscured

So I'm watching Unstable's IB train stream and these games are really laggy. Like worse than normal.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Anyone on Xbox experiencing this?

I had a control point that stuck at neutralizing but that is the only oddity I've seen so far.

I feel like my RNG of landing on a good team in IB is fully in control of the cryptarch

nowai

Yep that was exactly what I was looking for, preferably Injection Mold. I was doing pretty good with my old Efrideet's Spear in ToO so I guess it can only get better.

Well, you know it will be the first roll on your next dropped gun.

Only after you have accepted what RNGesus has bestowed upon you, will he bless you with what you truly desire.

X-Frame

all the vanguard and crucible weapons are a mistake. theyre nothing but trash

What about factions? Which faction has the best weapons?

Off the top of my head maybe New Monarchy because of the Red Hand hand cannon and Judgment shotgun.

nOoblet16

Ahh I love the Trip-mine grenade. Sure it kills me occasionally but sticking people or random walls to get kills is so rewarding.

Easy kills in control, at the start of the match rush to their spawn side point and throw a tripmine in the middle of the point while it's being capped, minimum 2 people will get killed most of the time, then finish off anyone left (probably weak) with TLW. Not really possible on long maps like Pantheon though.

Good job making keys drop more. Also, good job making ammo stack in sets of 100.

Now, a question for those on GAF who grab the Gorgon checkpoint. Is this still something that can be looted for exotics on both normal and hard? Or is it just a one time loot now? I ask because I when I get home I need to grab this for a couple of friends and I need to know if they will be able to have 6 chances at exotics or just 3.
Former gorgon checkpoint master, so I believe I can guarantee the answer is yes. It is possible to get exotics from both normal and hard. However what are the chances? Only Rngesus Knows.

bitsurugi

Hmmm, the patch definitely did something:

killed Skolas 2 times after patch.. got 4 (!!) exotic bounties... now i have 2 too much :)

stb

Sounds fun to me! I won't be online until ~7 CST or a few mins after but I wouldn't mind trying to squeak in a NF or two before we start the IB train. If not and science needs a hand for part of CE, I'll help with that too.

Great, thanks for confirming!

doomquake

funny how the queen and faction package rewards are a throwback to the old school shitass rng... no guaranteed anything..juts some glimmer and materials...

Female Titans have terrible posture.

They have bad backs from all the carrying.

Easy kills in control, at the start of the match rush to their spawn side point and throw a tripmine in the middle of the point while it's being capped, minimum 2 people will get killed most of the time, then finish off anyone left (probably weak) with TLW. Not really possible on long maps like Pantheon though.

Yeah that works great. I've been loving it for Trials of Osiris too since you can get easy kills when you have a guy about to be revived.

Hmmm, the patch definitely did something:

killed Skolas 2 times after patch.. got 4 (!!) exotic bounties... now i have 2 too much :)

Niiiice, I hope I have the time to take him down this week.

What has been everyone's stat's with the void burn?

I am thinking Praedethy's 365 and Corrective Measure 365. Truth?

Ganhyun

Former gorgon checkpoint master, so I believe I can guarantee the answer is yes. It is possible to get exotics from both normal and hard. However what are the chances? Only Rngesus Knows.

Thanks! I am trying to help them get Gjallarhorns.

Now, anyone on the XBone or 360 have a gorgon checkpoint they can share?

What is a better void sniper?

I think I have an LDR void actually...

Ldr would be better especially if it has field scout and final round. A void Eff Spear w FS and FR would be ideal imo but even P's Revenge can get the job done fine, same as Patience and Time last week. Not ideal but it'll also be much easier to stay alive this week since the servitor doesn't even really attack you.

It sounds like folks are keen on ironing some banners tonight to chase that sweet etheric light.

As such, rather than post a suggested itinerary of raid-related activities, I'll just use this post as a roll call for who wants to team up for IB, and ask you to respond with:
- if you can play tonight
- confirm your desired start time (8:30 PM Eastern or 9:30 PM Eastern)
- if you want to run NFs 1/2/3 times before starting IB

Team 2
1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ??
2) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) ??
3) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
4) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
5) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??
6) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) ??

Alts/Team 3
1) T-44 (PSN T-44) ??
2) Lnkn52 (PSN Lnkn52) ??
3) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) ??
4) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo) ??
5) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??

Unable to play tonight
x) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)

i'll be doing PoE with Hawkian and LT around 8:45 this week. but definitely down for other activities after if anyone would like!!!

thanks again for organizing, STB!

stb

And this is why I want connection based MM to remain, people who want a pure skill based MM will be the same people who will then complain about laggers and teleporters and lag switchers.

There can be a compromise in connection based MM in that it searches for players with similar skill in nearby areas first, then if it can't find any it increases the search radius etc etc. But then it comes down to the factor, how do you quantify skill ? A player with 1000+ matches and 1.4KDR can very well be a better player than a player with 100 matches and 2.5KDR. It's all very arbitrary...

I'm not sure I've seen anyone advocate 100% skill based matchmaking. I've seen some references to "use skill based matchmaking", but that's more silent about what proportion of the formula it represents than actively saying it should be entirely skill based.

Atone13

Man that was a crazy laggy match just now, so many red bars. Also earned my first hatemail in a good long while in any game.

Top Bottom