• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Ganhyun

Good job making keys drop more. Also, good job making ammo stack in sets of 100.

Now, a question for those on GAF who grab the Gorgon checkpoint. Is this still something that can be looted for exotics on both normal and hard? Or is it just a one time loot now? I ask because I when I get home I need to grab this for a couple of friends and I need to know if they will be able to have 6 chances at exotics or just 3.

IHaveIce

Banned
Odd got his hammer?

I still haven't got my gjally.. though I didn't try to do anything today except one NF.

I kinda feel for the first time there is a lot of stuff to do at reset and I can't do it all

Lunar FC

So i played my first round of IB ever, we lost but got one medallion. My second round of IB was the best I've ever played online in my life and now I have zero medallions. O_O

nowai

I've done three NFs every week since the launch. No etheric light.

In fact I haven't been able to get a single etheric light yet.

Are you doing the 34 PoE and trials? Both are doable at 33.

I am sitting on 20 light after upgrading lots of gear simply from the trials packages and 34/35 PoE chests.

M3Rocket

It's getting rank 3 in IB a realistic goal fur someone who has never done it and can only play an hour or two a night?

Absolutely! I played Iron Banner for the first time last month because of this guide on Reddit for IB noobs: Iron Banner Math, for those starting from scratch. I got to Rank 5 by Sunday on one character.

This week's IB makes it easier to get more than one character there. Something I hope to take advantage of.

Just spend about 80 motes rerolling my Low-Grade Humility, settled on Shortgaze, Hidden Hand, Quickdraw and Unflinching. Hope it is worth it, but according to the list it is a Tier 1 PvP sniper, in addition to the perks being Tier 1. Guess I have to give it a spin.

So i played my first round of IB ever, we lost but got one medallion. My second round of IB was the best I've ever played online in my life and now I have zero medallions. O_O

IB is all about rep gains.

If you win you get a base of +50 rep.

If you lose you get a medallion.

The medallion automatically is redeemed for a base of +40 rep on your next win, but cannot be stacked higher than 5.

This way people are encouraged to stick around for a loss (we used to have terrible drop out problems). The only thing you want to worry about is 6 losses in a row. Try to avoid that as much as possible because you are getting absolutely nothing out of your play time.

TheOddOne

Holy shit, IB is SO bad after playing nothing but ToO for the past two weeks.
Look at what I got on my first match:

screenshot-original19xk0h.png

:lol

ich00

It sounds like folks are keen on ironing some banners tonight to chase that sweet etheric light.

I'd like to run the nightfalls 3x's before jumping into IB tonight, so if anyone wants to join for that around 9:30 that would be awesome, after that I'll probably play some IB, not too much tonight tho, ToO and PoE tired me out this weekend, so it might be an early night.

nowai

Just spend about 80 motes rerolling my Low-Grade Humility, settled on Shortgaze, Hidden Hand, Quickdraw and Unflinching. Hope it is worth it, but according to the list it is a Tier 1 PvP sniper, in addition to the perks being Tier 1. Guess I have to give it a spin.

Settled?! I have spent over 200 motes trying to get hidden hand, unflinching and short gaze.

Grats on the monster roll man!

Feorax

Finally got a decent IB team after 3 games with utter shit, and get Baboon error and disconnected.

My connection stability on destiny has completely gone to shit since HoW launched. Whatever stability update they did made things a million times worse for me.

Finally got a decent IB team after 3 games with utter shit, and get Baboon error and disconnected.

My connection stability on destiny has completely gone to shit since HoW launched. Whatever stability update they did made things a million times worse for me.

Same here. I never had problems like I currently have. Really sucks.

Settled?! I have spent over 200 motes trying to get hidden hand, unflinching and short gaze.

Grats on the monster roll man!

Haha thanks, someone should stop me from rerolling
damn it Grim for being a fellow addict
, it is pretty addictive to search for that one and perfect combination of perks.
I even had to exchange ass shards for more motes and hand in over 100 axiomatic beads to fill up my glimmer. Glad that I got a pretty good combination though don't get me wrong ;)

PuMa

Yeah, you don't actually WANT medallions. Lol. You get more rep for the win up front.

Edit: What Kor said.

Lunar FC

IB is all about rep gains.

If you win you get a base of +50 rep.

If you lose you get a medallion.

The medallion automatically is redeemed for a base of +40 rep on your next win, but cannot be stacked higher than 5.

This way people are encouraged to stick around for a loss (we used to have terrible drop out problems). The only thing you want to worry about is 6 losses in a row. Try to avoid that as much as possible because you are getting absolutely nothing out of your play time.

Ah okay I see.

Oh snap, a whole new empty area in the crucible is open.

Top Bottom