• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

nOoblet16

12?

From where?

I got one for each PoE 34 (Only did 35 once for a 4th Etheric Light) where did the rest come from?

Ok not 12 but 11 (considering you couldn't have gotten your third character to level 34 in first week unless you played ToO or got lucky with nightfall)

PoE34 gives you one, PoE35 gives you another * 3 characters each week and you can get 6 guaranteed etheric light each week without playing ToO or relying on Nightfalls.

Kyne

Basically this.

Skolas is tricky to do, that's fine.

But the 34s aren't really that bad so if you actually looked for groups here you should have gotten 9 Etheric lights just from PoE (including this week). Just because you do not have the material does not mean they are being stringent with them. They are dropping like candy.

what? Last week this thread was filled with people who were livid about the 34 PoE saying things like "I'm never touching it again if it's going to be this hard."

I have all of 2 Etheric Lights because of ToO this weekend, and even that took everything I had. I'm not 34 yet so I don't feel comfortable running PoE 34/35 and dragging someone else down. I can finally get 34 so this might be the first week I attempt PoE 34.

I am by no means drowning in EL's :(

edit: I also don't have 3 characters. I barely have time to gear 2.

Fehyd

Banned
The ranges on the handcannons are a bit much, ttk I guess I can live with, but I shouldn't be having sniper battles with handcannons.

Hoodbury

I don't know, "Most of" seems pretty broad in terms of statistics, I'm more inclined to think the majority of players aren't swimming in etheric light, let alone drowning in it. I personally don't have that many at all, perhaps three or four at the moment. Maybe I am the minority though. I still agree however that the gear from IB being lvl 36 is alright the way it is, especially with the etherics available right there.
Yep, I agree, my post above didn't mention that but IB gear being 36 but two guarantee's to get Etheric Light to make the gear 42 is perfectly fine. I was just pointing out that at least some of us aren't 'drowning' in Etheric light.

lt519

Ive tried to group for 34 PoE here on GAF, and we weren't able to make it, in part because I need an etheric light to hit 34.

I realize I'm in a thread with a bunch of hardcore Destiny players, but don't suggest that the rest of us have etheric light falling all over us.

To be fair we did 3 level 34 PoEs the first week with entire groups of level 33's and only using exotics with 365 damage. Last weeks was brutal if you weren't ready but the first week was ripe for the taking. Uurox was a joke.

The ranges on the handcannons are a bit much, ttk I guess I can live with, but I shouldn't be having sniper battles with handcannons.

But it's actually fun..

nOoblet16

GUYS GUYS GUISE!

My brother in law just text me this picture! My birthday is coming up soon and he took it upon himself to make me something very special.....something many of you know I wanted for a loooong time....something...awesome!

Can you guess what it is?!

Itshappening.gif

3D printed cheese?

Zocano

I realize I'm in a thread with a bunch of hardcore Destiny players, but don't suggest that the rest of us have etheric light falling all over us.

That's why I said most of. The majority of regulars here have been running the raids consistently and we had all the gear necessary to take on PoE 32. The first PoE 32 finish gave us a 33 character (with exotic upgrade). The first week's PoE 34 was fairly easy and doable as a group of 33s. A good amount of us did that multiple times so we had multiple Etheric Lights to devote to a single character and letting us hit 34 quickly. It snowballs from there.

Of course there are people who don't play as much as some of us. I was not suggesting everyone should be in my situation.

lt519

That's why I said most of. The majority of regulars here have been running the raids consistently and we had all the gear necessary to take on PoE 32. The first PoE 32 finish gave us a 33 character (with exotic upgrade). The first week's PoE 34 was fairly easy and doable as a group of 33s. A good amount of us did that multiple times so we had multiple Etheric Lights to devote to a single character and letting us hit 34 quickly. It snowballs from there.

Of course there are people who don't play as much as some of us. I was not suggesting everyone should be in my situation.

This is exactly how it went down, I had a buddy that missed the first week and he has only gotten one etheric light since because he couldn't get to 34. It snowballed fast if you got one character to 34 the first week.

How about no horns or hungers?

The better method is actually sniping since you don't have to wait for cooldowns if you fail. Non-ascended Black Hammer does 8k damage and that's how much we did during the Arc Burn. People just didn't realize it at the time, because you know, easy button.

Zocano

what? Last week this thread was filled with people who were livid about the 34 PoE saying things like "I'm never touching it again if it's going to be this hard."

It was actually not that hard if you took the time to approach the fight cautiously and figure out where the Eye tends to go and where you should bunker down and all that jazz. It really is not a hard fight. PoE 34 Urrox was absurdly easier and this week's is not very difficult either.

I just have an issue with 'most'

I obviously realize that all the things you said are possible to accomplish. Just not everyone goes that far.

nOoblet16

How about no horns or hungers?

It doesn't matter, because the argument isn't about whether you could get all of those possible etheric light each week. My original argument was that there is no way you could have just one etheric light or none at all 3 weeks into the DLC unless you haven't finished PoE34/35 even a single time.

Help me get better at PoE (please).

I play casually, but I have some extra time to play this week thanks to an emergency appendectomy. I consider myself self-sufficient, and had no problem in doing Nightfall and Weekly's with all three of my characters.

Then I tried PoE lvl 32 with some experienced guys. The bosses knocked me on my ass. The leader explained how the jailbreak system works, and was patient, and we eventually overcame, but the experience left me feeling like I definitely have some weak spots.

1. I don't have Gjallahorn. I think it really sucks that everyone demands this. I've put in nearly 500 hours, and don't really care if I get it, except that people will not invite me because of it. I actually wish that Bungie would make all bosses gain health when hit with wolfpack rounds for a week just to shake things up.

Still, I need a decent heavy weapon. I usually carry around a random 331 void or flame machine gun, but they weren't very helpful. Minus Gjally, what other rocket launchers can be effective against the bosses?

2. I don't have a decent shotgun. I usually go Fatebringer/VOC + Ice Breaker into most challenges, and I've become stuck on that formula. A guy on my team suggested that I switch to a shotgun for when those Axis Hobgoblins come around the corner, but I don't have anything worth a damn there. I have a bunch of shottys in my vault, sitting unleveled. Is invective any good?

Basically, I drug my team down. We beat it, but it was in spite of me, and I think it's because I've become lazy with all my gear.

Frostburn

Ok not 12 but 11 (considering you couldn't have gotten your third character to level 34 in first week unless you played ToO or got lucky with nightfall)

PoE34 gives you one, PoE35 gives you another * 3 characters each week and you can get 6 guaranteed etheric light each week without playing ToO or relying on Nightfalls.

Gotcha, thought you meant 12 a week! Also still no Ghorn so that basically ruled out week 1 PoE 35. I only just got all 3 to 34 in Week 2 so I've only gotten to ascend a few Legendary weapons (Fatebringer and VoC). Hoping this week I can do PoE 35 all 3 times and have some time to do PVP to gain a few more.

Fehyd

Banned
It doesn't matter, because the argument isn't about whether you could get all of those possible etheric light each week. My original argument was that there is no way you could have just one etheric light or none at all 3 weeks into the DLC unless you haven't finished PoE34/35 even a single time.

Exactly. And my point was many of us havent finished poe 34 and 35 once because we don't have the gear to do so.

Hoodbury

I love GAF and I love DGAF, but you have to know there is a bit of a "high school lunch table" popularity thing going on here. Not all of us can post a LFG post and instantly get people to join us.

Yes, I know I could put more effort into getting into groups as well, I'm not complaining about it. Just pointing out for some it's not as simple as posting on GAF and instantly getting into a group that will do PoE 34 and 35 X3 and get to Mercury over and over.

GUYS GUYS GUISE!

My brother in law just text me this picture! My birthday is coming up soon and he took it upon himself to make me something very special.....something many of you know I wanted for a loooong time....something...awesome!

Can you guess what it is?!

Itshappening.gif

You wanted cheese?

Zocano

Exactly. And my point was many of us havent finished poe 34 and 35 once because we don't have the gear to do so.

If you were at end game (32) at the start of the expansion and took your time. This is the week that you should be easily doing PoE 34 (and maybe 35). That's 3 weeks of armor cores that get you to 34 on potentially all 3 characters. Sure, all strength, whatever, but the level is more important either way.

Agent

Starting up a Nightfall run. Join in if you need it. PSN: phantom8324

I'm running it 3x if anyone also wanted to join multiple times.

Edit: full

PuMa

I have zero, as well. I have 3 toons, all 33.5 with their highest level gear. Done all the NFs, but haven't found a good group for the 34 PoE runs yet. Every group has flamed out/given out before I could get any EL.

Quite a few of us don't have horns or capable weapons for 34/35 atm.
Agreed. Not everyone has hardcore groups to run 34/35 with.

lt519

You don't need a horn, I don't have one. What is imperative is coordinating with your group to use specials to chain off each other. Titan bubble uses gift of the void to generate orbs for the hunter who then uses golden gun to generate orbs for the Titan to put up a new shield that generates more orbs, etc, etc, and then your warlock has enough super to resurrect if you all die.

Don't stay in the middle, you'll get hit from all sides, pick a side of the map and set up a defensive position. Most importantly clear all the adds before focusing on the boss, it'll give you time to snipe the boss. Use your Heavy on the adds (a Rocket Launcher with a big blast radius and proximity is amazing, Truth as an exotic or Admonisher III (re-rolled) are a good place to start) specials can do just as much damage to bosses.

For dismantling mines use invincibility as a hunter, Resurrection as a warlock, and bubble as a titan. For VIP rounds find out where he spawns and launch everything you have at him until he gets moving. For bosses it is all about team work.

As far as gear goes, just be at equivalent level as the enemies, and then if you are playing level 34 you should be using exotics at 365 or legendaries at 365. Hand Cannons rule the world for primaries and shotguns are great for Cabal and Vex when they get near you. For Hive and Fallen I typically stick with my primaries.

Invective is phenomenal for killing Cabal and it regenerates ammo. For the record I never use shot guns, you don't need everyone on your team running one. You can help in other ways like DPS the boss, rocket the adds that are sniping far away, snipe the adds far away, etc. That Qoron fight people forget there are Hobgoblins sitting in the middle ready to snipe you out.

I love GAF and I love DGAF, but you have to know there is a bit of a "high school lunch table" popularity thing going on here. Not all of us can post a LFG post and instantly get people to join us.

Yes, I know I could put more effort into getting into groups as well, I'm not complaining about it. Just pointing out for some it's not as simple as posting on GAF and instantly getting into a group that will do PoE 34 and 35 X3 and get to Mercury over and over.

The high school lunch table is basically the ppl who are here the most. i don't see a problem with that. I've certanly never felt left out of something because someone else had preference over me.

I really like it here.

joecanada

You don't need a horn, I don't have one. What is imperative is coordinating with your group to use specials to chain off each other. Titan bubble uses gift of the void to generate orbs for the hunter who then uses golden gun to generate orbs for the Titan to put up a new shield that generates more orbs, etc, etc, and then your warlock has enough super to resurrect if you all die.

Don't stay in the middle, you'll get hit from all sides, pick a side of the map and set up a defensive position. Most importantly clear all the adds before focusing on the boss, it'll give you time to snipe the boss. Use your Heavy on the adds, specials can do just as much damage to bosses.

For dismantling mines use invincibility as a hunter, Resurrection as a warlock, and bubble as a titan. For VIP rounds find out where he spawns and launch everything you have at him until he gets moving. For bosses it is all about team work.

As far as gear goes, just be at equivalent level as the enemies, and then if you are playing level 34 you should be using exotics at 365 or legendaries at 365. Hand Cannons rule the world form primaries.

I didn't do any 34/35 PoE but I went 8-3 in ToO so I'm not saying that's for everyone but that's how I got to level 34

Deku Tree

My teams PoE 34 boss "easy" strategy:

1) Damage boss slightly but not much just hit him once or twice.
2) kill all adds until none are left and wait for giant named pilot servitor boss to absorb the essence
3) burn the servitor down to half health at which point a target appears
4) focus on killing the target
5) burn monster servitor down to its death.

That's it.

Don't stay in the middle, you'll get hit from all sides, pick a side of the map and set up a defensive position. Most importantly clear all the adds before focusing on the boss, it'll give you time to snipe the boss. Use your Heavy on the adds, specials can do just as much damage to bosses.

As far as gear goes, just be at equivalent level as the enemies, and then if you are playing level 34 you should be using exotics at 365 or legendaries at 365. Hand Cannons rule the world form primaries.

I found out pretty quick about the middle thing. I guess I should level up my newly acquired Hawkmoon pretty quick. I want to use my etheric light to level up, so I'm stuck with a 300 fatebringer for awhile, but I know I could do more damage with the HM.

It seemed like I was doing decent damage against the boss with my fully leveled Ice Breaker, but I found more situations where I could have used a shotgun instead. Especially with our team all huddled in one spot where the adds would appear in close quarters.

I'm glad you said the thing about using your heavy on the adds. I did that a couple of times, and it gave us more breathing room than simply knocking off another sliver off the boss's health.

Guys you really don't need to be 3 full 34s to do the 34 PoE. Last weeks was difficult I agree but it's all about co-ordination more than anything.

I ran 34 PoE last week twice with 33s in my group. (One group had 1 and the other had 2) and yes it was difficult and took a good few wipes but we got there.

I'll be on tomorrow night, once I've ran my 35 PoE I'm more than willing to run some people through 32/34 PoE if we can get a group going.

nOoblet16

Well then why do you need etheric light ? The only content that requires level 34 is PoE and since even if you get an Etheric light to level up you won't be able to play PoE since according to you, you lack the gear needed to do so. In which case aren't you better off running old content to get those gear ? Those old gear is what everyone used to beat the new content afterall.

And what kind of gear exactly? If it's just a Gjallarhorn then you aren't the only one without it. I got my first just 2 weeks ago after like 700 hours of game time. All Gjallarhorn does is make things easy mode lol

I feel like Hawkmoon should be the only Handcannon with long range viability due to the power and the recoil. Thorn absolutely shouldn't have the range it has. I also feel like maybe the direct damage should be lower with the dot being higher maybe?

Top Bottom