• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Drizz, I asked before but...

Can anyone confirm when re-rolling an old iron banner weapon, that the perks are selected from the old perk tree?

Ie, rolling a spear, now, can still give final round.

Pretty sure they took out the "forbidden" perks like FR and hammer forged on shotguns. I rolled a Spear 25+ times and never saw FR once. Although the rest of the perks will pull from the old pool, like you can still get Field Scout, won't get replenish or Icarus etc. Maybe I was just unlucky but I don't think it can happen. If someone can confirm to the contrary that would be great.

Trakan

Pretty sure they took out the "forbidden" perks like FR and hammer forged on shotguns. I rolled a Spear 25+ times and never saw FR once. Although the rest of the perks will pull from the old pool, like you can still get Field Scout, won't get replenish or Icarus etc. Maybe I was just unlucky but I don't think it can happen. If someone can confirm to the contrary that would be great.

Everywhere I've read is old gun = old perks, new gun = new perks.

Oh man, Destiny: The Wild West Edition is soooooo much fun! Everyone is using hand cannons!

I mean seriously, when is the next balance patch so a new weapon type can be dominant?

ocean

Banned
Everywhere I've read is old gun = old perks, new gun = new perks.
I think it can't take new perks but can't take the old removed ones either. I rolled a spare Felwinter's a loooot an never saw Hammer Forged. Not conclusive evidence but still.

noomi

stb

Reposting the lists for tonight in case we can get a second full team formed up, since it looks like Team 2 either didn't respond or is doing other stuff before raids/IB tonight.

Draft Itinerary:
- nightfalls (Do people want to do these at the start? Before we technical start the IB trains at 8:30? At all?)
- iron banner

Team 1 - 8:30 PM Eastern
1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) [I could go either way on the nightfalls]
2) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)
3) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
4) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
5) captscience (PSN captscience)
6) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)

Team 2 - no specified time this week
[Team 2 appears to be MIA this week - if anyone from the Alts list below *or anyone else* is around tonight, please quote and let me know what time you'll be on, your PSN ID, and what you're looking to do]

Doing other stuff, then around for IB late
1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) [running NF 3x at 9:30 Eastern, then up for IB]
2) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) [running POE35 at 8:45 Eastern, then up for IB]
3) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) [running POE35 at 8:45 Eastern, then up for IB]

Alts
1) LkPr (PSN LkPr) ??
2) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
3) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
4) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??
5) T-44 (PSN T-44) ??
6) Lnkn52 (PSN Lnkn52) ??
7) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) ??
8) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo) ??
9) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??

Unable to play tonight
x) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)

ocean

Banned
ARs need to be buffed back to being useable.
Scouts were useless. Pulse were trash. Scouts got fixed quick, Pulse took a while. A good AR buff will make all classes viable at last. I still think good HCs will keep reigning supreme in this game though.

ocean

Banned
New Iron Banner armor being Light 36 is such a pain in the ass.
By the time you buy both pieces you'll have earned the two Etherics they need. Don't see the problem really...

Would be strange to sell it at +42 like ToO and PoE gear since that's a higher tier no?

Zocano

New Iron Banner armor being Light 36 is such a pain in the ass.

I don't see the problem. Most of us are at the point where we're drowning in Etheric Light. Even with ToO wins, there is only so many things you can use it on before you just start stockpiling.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I just hope it's not Taken us $60 to play it.
Ugh... *slow clap*
tumblr_m7gc5fDac51rqlz5z.gif

It'll totally be US$60.

Ugh..that looks like a Hive logo :-/
"We've killed his son. Now Oryx is hunting Guardians for revenge!"

My money, take it, take it all!
Yeah, I'm in for Day 01 too.

exYle

I don't see the problem. Most of us are at the point where we're drowning in Etheric Light. Even with ToO wins, there is only so many things you can use it on before you just start stockpiling.

I have received a grand total of one etheric light. Who is 'most of us'?

Hoodbury

Hmm, I wonder what the actual statistic is. I still have yet to get 1 Etheric Light and the 2 guys I Played with last night who are both Gaffers also have not had 1 yet either.

I know a lot of you guys are 'drowning' in them, but I do still think there are also a lot like me who have yet to even get their first one.

nOoblet16

Uh even if you don't play PvP, you should have had 12 guaranteed etheric light until last week if you had three characters. 18 if you include the stuff today.
It's impossible to not have had a single one or just one unless you haven't even played PoE, in which case how do you expect to get upgrade material if you don't even play the new stuff ?

Zocano

Uh even if you don't play PvP, you should have had 12 guaranteed etheric light until last week if you had three characters. 18 if you include the stuff today.

Basically this.

Skolas is tricky to do, that's fine.

But the 34s aren't really that bad so if you actually looked for groups here you should have gotten 9 Etheric lights just from PoE (including this week). Just because you do not have the material does not mean they are being stringent with them. They are dropping like candy.

Frostburn

12?

From where?

I got one for each PoE 34 (Only did 35 once for a 4th Etheric Light) where did the rest come from?

lt519

My Void loadout for Skolas:

The Scholar (365, Void)
Efrideet's Spear (365)
Corrective Measure (365)

Let us know how Corrective Measure goes, I expect the same DPS output as Thunderlord last week (if not more with the 100 clip magazine). I'll probably bring a Praedyth's which is disappointing since it won't do as much damage as my LDR.

Edit: I've gotten 4 etheric light from trials, 5 from level 34 PoE, 2 from level 35 PoE, and 1 from NF over the last two weeks. That's 12 and I didn't even get etheric light from Trials this week.

shermas

I have zero, as well. I have 3 toons, all 33.5 with their highest level gear. Done all the NFs, but haven't found a good group for the 34 PoE runs yet. Every group has flamed out/given out before I could get any EL.

Dave_6

I'd focus on PvE, it's not a very good pvp sniper except for Final Round and that can't roll on the gun anymore so you're out of luck there. Most important PvE perk is Field Scout, and then lots of other things are good options. Surplus gives you more ammo for special and heavy for example, Rodeo is fine for less recoil, Outlaw and Firefly are always cool, etc. Mainly it's about getting the right element and Field Scout then you'll be set.

Drizz, I asked before but...

Can anyone confirm when re-rolling an old iron banner weapon, that the perks are selected from the old perk tree?

Ie, rolling a spear, now, can still give final round.

Yes, I actually attempted re-rolling on my Spear this past weekend and I had Final Round pop up two different times. I was unhappy with the other perks so I kept going though. :/

EDIT: To the mention of etheric light; I have yet to get one myself. I have NOT made it to Mercury, I have not received one from any of the 6 NFs I've completed and I have yet to clear a 34 or 35 PoE. Not all of us have had the time or means (or RNG) to get all that done yet.

Atone13

By the time you buy both pieces you'll have earned the two Etherics they need. Don't see the problem really...

Would be strange to sell it at +42 like ToO and PoE gear since that's a higher tier no?

I agree here, if you need those slots at 42 then the 2 etheric light that come with hitting rank 5 will take care of it for you.

I don't know, "Most of" seems pretty broad in terms of statistics, I'm more inclined to think the majority of players aren't swimming in etheric light, let alone drowning in it. I personally don't have that many at all, perhaps three or four at the moment. Maybe I am the minority though. I still agree however that the gear from IB being lvl 36 is alright the way it is, especially with the etherics available right there.

Basically this.

Skolas is tricky to do, that's fine.

But the 34s aren't really that bad so if you actually looked for groups here you should have gotten 9 Etheric lights just from PoE (including this week). Just because you do not have the material does not mean they are being stringent with them. They are dropping like candy.

Ive tried to group for 34 PoE here on GAF, and we weren't able to make it, in part because I need an etheric light to hit 34.

I realize I'm in a thread with a bunch of hardcore Destiny players, but don't suggest that the rest of us have etheric light falling all over us.

noomi

GUYS GUYS GUISE!

My brother in law just text me this picture! My birthday is coming up soon and he took it upon himself to make me something very special.....something many of you know I wanted for a loooong time....something...awesome!

Can you guess what it is?!

Itshappening.gif

Top Bottom