• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

nOoblet16

To hit 33 though all you need is a maxed exotic (42) and 3 pieces of 36 gear no?

Once you're 33 it's game on for getting groups for 34 PoE.

As for weapons, well you're right it is hard to get good stuff. It's taken many of us hundreds of raids to get the weapons we need/want. Doing 2,3,4 raids and expecting to have all the stuff isn't going to get you anywhere in Destiny im afraid.

Taking me as an example who has been playing since launch (Didn't really like the Crota raid so plaid crucible last expansion):

- took me 86 VoG HM's to get the Vex.
- Got my first Ballerhorn 2 days ago.
- Stll don't have Fatebringer after all those VOG runs.
- Still don't have the VoG helmet.
- Got HoPF in the second week of the game (sorry Todd)

The game unfortunately requires time and patience to progress. At least things are on the up in regards to rewards.

Getting things too quickly takes the fun out of it.

No you need 1 exotic and 1 etheric light

I love GAF and I love DGAF, but you have to know there is a bit of a "high school lunch table" popularity thing going on here. Not all of us can post a LFG post and instantly get people to join us.

Yes, I know I could put more effort into getting into groups as well, I'm not complaining about it. Just pointing out for some it's not as simple as posting on GAF and instantly getting into a group that will do PoE 34 and 35 X3 and get to Mercury over and over.
Sigh this is true. I use to spent a lot of time playing raids many times, join nightfalls if I see someone posting a few times with no response, pass out gorgon checkpoints to help groups out. Disappointing this occurred. Nonetheless I am no longer able to help out much these days. I hope other people will be kind enough to help fellow gaffers out. But recently things have been negative.

Lima

Iron Banner sucks and is useless as expected. Just play ToO to get 3 Etheric light in a fraction of the time it takes to reach rank 3 IB.

Anyway completed 3 Elder Cipher today. All done with PoE for the week. Got all 3 weapons and already leveled up Bow and Lord of Wolves completely. Dreg's Promise just straight up sucks. Can't believe how some people were actually recommending that as the best of the bunch.

Bow is where it's at.

Shito

Here we go. First ever iron banner. I'm gonna get owned.
Nah, you'll do fine.
I'm a (really) crappy PVP player, and managed to get to rank 5 playing (badly) some 2 hours of it for 5 days the only time I did it. The buffs and the easy bounties (10'000 points, control points capped and melee kills) do a great part of the work, and by the time I finished I was actually starting to enjoy crucible a bit... ^^

Fehyd

Banned
To hit 33 though all you need is a maxed exotic (42) and 3 pieces of 36 gear no?

Once you're 33 it's game on for getting groups for 34 PoE.

As for weapons, well you're right it is hard to get good stuff. It's taken many of us hundreds of raids to get the weapons we need/want. Doing 2,3,4 raids and expecting to have all the stuff isn't going to get you anywhere in Destiny im afraid.

Taking me as an example who has been playing since launch (Didn't really like the Crota raid so plaid crucible last expansion):

- took me 86 VoG HM's to get the Vex.
- Got my first Ballerhorn 2 days ago.
- Stll don't have Fatebringer after all those VOG runs.
- Still don't have the VoG helmet.
- Got HoPF in the second week of the game (sorry Todd)

The game unfortunately requires time and patience to progress. At least things are on the up in regards to rewards.

Getting things too quickly takes the fun out of it.

The issue is that you guys ran the raids many times when they were pretty hot ticket items. Nowadays trying to get someone to run old content is like pulling teeth. It's an inherent flaw in the game that basically locks out players, as there's little to no incentive for many players to go back and do that content again, especially of they have everything they want from it, and newer players or players who might have missed content are basically told "oh hey go grind for a few months and you'll be able to play with us!"

And this is coming from someone who played day 1.

MmQRGMx.jpg

Guardian Lord! Woo! Terrible photo since I wasn't expecting to get the last trophy then.

The fact that this is my first platinum trophy is very a much a testament to how great the DGaf here is. I never would have stuck this long with a game otherwise.

Though getting the trophy is no big deal now, it does represent a culmination of some of my favorite moments in gaming.

Running as a newbie in one of Hawkians raids to being in his fireteam for the group's first HM Crota kill. Running sword for our flawless run (Thanks flawless team!). Witnessing the amazing skills of players like Unstabled first hand on the Mercury Trains. Asking for and always receiving help from such generous players as Ruthless, Drizzay, iRawr etc.. And of course having an awesome group of regulars to run raids with every Tuesday.

Thanks all!

Well the level 34 boss this week is cool. I think now that that sheer output of damage on Qodron has been turned down it should be a much more enjoyable fight on 34 as well.

noomi

MmQRGMx.jpg

Guardian Lord! Woo! Terrible photo since I wasn't expecting to get the last trophy then.

The fact that this is my first platinum trophy is very a much a testament to how great the DGaf here is. I never would have stuck this long with a game otherwise.

Though getting the trophy is no big deal now, it does represent a culmination of some of my favorite moments in gaming.

Running as a newbie in one of Hawkians raids to being in his fireteam for the group's first HM Crota kill. Running sword for our flawless run (Thanks flawless team!). Witnessing the amazing skills of players like Unstabled first hand omn the Mercury Trains. Asking for and always receiving help from such generous players as Ruthless, Drizzay, iRawr etc.. And of course having an awesome group of regulars to run raids with every Tuesday.

Thanks all!

Woo! Congrats buddy! Let's celebrate

Sigh this is true. I use to spent a lot of time playing raids many times, join nightfalls if I see someone posting a few times with no response, pass out gorgon checkpoints to help groups out. Disappointing this occurred. Nonetheless I am no longer able to help out much these days. I hope other people will be kind enough to help fellow gaffers out. But recently things have been negative.

I dunno, I can't say for sur done way or another.

I mean sure there are some people who always play together and there are people who others want to play with but never get the chance to.

I'm hardly one of the more 'popular' people on here bu I've made quite a few groups over the past week or so for various things and they've filled relatively quickly and everyone has been really awesome players who Know their shit or are willing to listen and learn.

I'm so more than happy to run stuff to help out if I've got the time to and that's important I feel to allow more people to be in a position to help even more people out.

It's a good community here for sure, I'd hate to see that part of it disappear.

The issue is that you guys ran the raids many times when they were pretty hot ticket items. Nowadays trying to get someone to run old content is like pulling teeth. It's an inherent flaw in the game that basically locks out players, as there's little to no incentive for many players to go back and do that content again, especially of they have everything they want from it, and newer players or players who might have missed content are basically told "oh hey go grind for a few months and you'll be able to play with us!"

And this is coming from someone who played day 1.

There is though. Especially with the changes to allow us to upgrade all hear to max level. It makes everything valuable and worthwhile pursuing. For the most part anyway.

There's many people in this very thread who still run VoG normal and HM, myself included, due to needing items or whatever. (Still need my flawless run god damnit)

Same goes for Crota too.

Sure, some people may not be interested in helping out but there's plenty that do.

So you'd rather stay where it's at? Hand cannons (Thorn) being the dominant weapon people use? I'm just getting sick and tired of getting killed by them.

The maps just need to be bigger without boxes everywhere. I don't think people would get into "sniper battles with a HC" if everyone wasn't all up on each other all of the time. Any less range and a shotty will be able to close on you without a chance of stopping him before getting into range.

At least TLW. I don't roll HM or Thorn.

joecanada

Never tried FB in pvp but I am assuming it won't beat out the top 3 hand cannons.

nah it doesnt beat the top 3 but I get sick of using thorn in every single pvp match... so I wondered if anyone else ever used fatebringer...

same two weapons is boring and I don't have hawkmoon.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Nah, you'll do fine.
I'm a (really) crappy PVP player, and managed to get to rank 5 playing (badly) some 2 hours of it for 5 days the only time I did it. The buffs and the easy bounties (10'000 points, control points capped and melee kills) do a great part of the work, and by the time I finished I was actually starting to enjoy crucible a bit... ^^

What a game! Won by 10 points!

I got a 9 kill streak. My k/d was 1.83. Total luck!

That was awesome though. Really felt like something was at stake.

I was similar, I never used to enjoy crucible that much, but now I think it's my favourite part of the game, right up there with the raids.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Here we go. First ever iron banner. I'm gonna get owned.

I just did my first game. We lost, but I was in first place on my team. Best worst!

I gotta let my PS4 controller charge for a bit, but in an hour or so I would love to do some GAF iron banner.

phen0m24

MmQRGMx.jpg

Running as a newbie in one of Hawkians raids to being in his fireteam for the group's first HM Crota kill. Running sword for our flawless run (Thanks flawless team!). Witnessing the amazing skills of players like Unstabled first hand on the Mercury Trains. Asking for and always receiving help from such generous players as Ruthless, Drizzay, iRawr etc.. And of course having an awesome group of regulars to run raids with every Tuesday.

Thanks all!

Major Grats!!! :)

Pretty sure they took out the "forbidden" perks like FR and hammer forged on shotguns. I rolled a Spear 25+ times and never saw FR once. Although the rest of the perks will pull from the old pool, like you can still get Field Scout, won't get replenish or Icarus etc. Maybe I was just unlucky but I don't think it can happen. If someone can confirm to the contrary that would be great.
You can look up the new versions of the guns on destinydb.com and see exactly what you can get. No more final round and firefly/outlaw are now in the same column.

joecanada

Iron Banner sucks and is useless as expected. Just play ToO to get 3 Etheric light in a fraction of the time it takes to reach rank 3 IB.

Anyway completed 3 Elder Cipher today. All done with PoE for the week. Got all 3 weapons and already leveled up Bow and Lord of Wolves completely. Dreg's Promise just straight up sucks. Can't believe how some people were actually recommending that as the best of the bunch.

Bow is where it's at.

ToO is far from guaranteed though... even the 8 win streak is out of reach for some. Is there a lower reward?

Top Bottom