• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Mindlog

The ultimate in cheesy spam super hell ridden standoffs.
These two Guardians got a little upset that I started playing it safe to ensure myself an Unbroken medal. Who wins?
Warlock Super & Golden Gun vs The Truth
BEdpebl.jpg
It was close, but we killed each other. My first rocket got the Hunter and second got the Warlock that killed me. Killed me a tick after the match ended.
Black Hammer is a great sniper rifle. I've plunged a lot of resources into getting other top tier weapons to compare, but something about BH clicks with me.
Should I save etheric light for a piece of armor that fits my character better or should I use it now to upgrade in order to get better gear faster?
I would get to 34 as quickly as possible. After that Etheric Light starts coming in pretty fast.

I'll be on later going to actually try and play The WItcher, I'll be wanting to another 32+34+35 run tonight if anyone is still up around midnight central time.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is the 12 hour buff you can buy to increase iron banner rep real time or in-game time?

Yea but I don't get many kills when I play with others and it's hard to play it solo due to the need to get close, plus those Hobgoblins make sure that I make a trip back to orbit. I've got like 25 kills on it from an entire run.

It'd be easy to do this on Omnigul with solar.

Start NF and take your Mythoclast to the library area where u first meet the vex. Then the area where simiks is and the start of the nexus strike. Rinse n repeat.

Frenden

Banned
Is it super-absorbent to soak up all my tears?

RNG is supposed to be random. The fact I don't have a horn goes against statistical law.
That was me until today.

I was just telling a friend that I resolved to pretend it didn't exist. One week later, blammo.

Hoodbury

This thread is incredibly cliquey. Makes sense as people play with the same people over and over but it can get kind of annoying. Not that I have trouble finding people to play with but sometimes the tone of the thread doesn't feel so...inclusive. Not sure how else to put it.
You've helped me out a lot. Probably wouldn't have half the gear I have if it wasn't for your CP sharing, raid invites and general kindness.

And just to be clear on my end, again, I'm not complaining, there is nothing wrong with people wanting to play with friends they've made or people they recognize/play with more often. There is nothing wrong with that.

Heh, I was just trying to point out not all of us are swimming in Etheric light yet due to not doing PoE 34 and 35 yet. Some of us play at a slower pace than what some might consider the norm or majority.

I've made some really good friends on DGaf and enjoy playing with them whenever I can.

Yoooo, I'm over here goofing off in Control trying to finish off this FR bounty I've had on my Warlock for a while with the Vex and this thing sucks. Omg how do people main this crap in ToO is beyond me.

I was also straight scrubbing it up in IB on my Warlock. 2.0 games where the exception, not the norm. Even had a game where I pulled a 0.75 lol.

Finished all the IB bounties on my Lock, jump on my Hunter and go 25-0. Seriously Hunters are the PVP GOATs. Jesus. It was like night and day. And the full set of ToO gear with the old IB cloak is so swaggy.

Anyone else getting hit with baboons errors? I keep getting disconnected every 5-10 minites. :(.

If this doesn't start working soon I'm gonna go play fucking Splatoon

iron banner has been intense so far. very fast paced and competitive matches.

its basically only thorn and the last word though. without these guns, i cant even imagine being able to keep up with all the players blinking around and popping supers

theres simply too many people on maps that are too cramped and increasing TTK is a bad idea.

Do the items that drop from the Queen's chest in PoE differ depending on level? I guess I"m asking if it is a waste to use a key on a low level PoE.

I got...I've lost the drive to play Destiny. I mean HoW started out great, but it's become...a bore? I think one major thing is the weapon rerolling. Sure it's great, but most of the perks end up being useless, and getting new types of a weapon(IE new scout rifle) is boring because if you already rerolled one perfectly, the new one is automatically discarded. Sure it may have different stats but those don't really make a huge difference when you already have the perfect perk roll.

Then the PoE weapons are...boring and weak as shit. The new armor...you can buy certain types, and judgements chance sucks because it rolls the weak ass weapons into it. Trials is the best thing they did, but the weapons again, fall short because you can't reroll them-Why use the Jewel when you've rerolled another hand cannon with better perks? Sure you can argue 'It's for PvP!' But there are good perks for PvP other than the ones the weapons come rolled with.

HoW has stagnated progression, IMO. The rerolling of weapons makes getting new weapons not very exciting, the stats between weapons from the same class aren't different enough to make it feel like you got something better, and the armor...aside from the PoE/ToO armor, alot of the armor are just reskins. The weapons are the biggest thing for me, first day I got the Dead Orbit Scout rifle and I feel like...why the hell would I need another scout rifle? I have full auto, firefly, explosive ammo, literally the best roll for the scout rifle, so any other Scout Rifle I get is trashed immediately. The progression simply isn't that great, there aren't alot of options.

Before, when you got a legendary drop, it would roll random perks(Unless you brought it form a vendor), meaning it was exciting to get drops because maybe it'll have a great roll or something. Now it's like....'I'll just spend 10 minutes rerolling getting the perfect roll.'. It's stagnated progression for me. The PoE gear is so mediocre that I don't feel a drive to do the Arenas, the cores don't interest me. It sucks.

I still enjoy the gameplay, but I don't feel a drive to play it. I've been doing PvP, but I was never one who enjoyed the pvp for being pvp.

deafmedal

I don't post *stuff* here often, sometimes I'll write something up then promptly delete it! I dunno, I don't have the time to play much more than ~15-20 hours a week of which a decent amount of time is spent in orbit trying to get a group together for whatever activity I'd like to run. So HoW rolls around and now there is more stuff to do but here's the rub: as a primarily PvE player I have a guaranteed 6 e-lights per week available to me... first week I did 3x 34 and 1x 35. Last week I did 3x 34. 7 total e-lights, 5 of which went to armor to get my characters to 34 and 1 that bumped VoC up (sitting on the last one for now).

So I have 1 upgraded weapon, and 3-4 that have dropped at 365 plus my exotics. At 34 I could take out Quadron's detain in 2-3 shots with 4th Horseman or 3-4 with the Queen's sniper rifle (only 365 purple secondary) with/without the buff. As a 33, I could not break the field without the buff and would die every fucking time. Not fun, and as I saw this weekend not uncommon. Everyone who has ran ToO 9-0 3 times, twice, has what? 18 e-lights plus maybe 12 from PoE. So that's a bunch of e-light (30 if all were grabbed). I bet that 365 FV wrecks and so on and so on.

Should players like me who will most likely never see Mercury, let alone 6 wins, not do what it takes to get our paltry e-lights? Sure the encounter may be fun or not that hard *with the right gear* but if I don't do the encounter I can't even get the right gear! You are damn right we burned his ass and everyone who did should not feel bad about it. So what if 3 Ghally's trivializes the content? Do you bother with Time's Vengeance during Atheon? That trivializes the encounter. Checkpoints to save time? Use any exotic (except NLB :p)? Hide during NFs?

I dunno, I hate reading elitist attitudes here as I have had soooo many good times with fellow gaffers and it seems a divide is starting to form (not necessarily cliqueyness, that's always been here lol) between those who play a lot and those of us who would maybe like to play more but can't. We want our e-lights too and aren't afraid to Wolfpack our way to them...

Kwakye94

Neo Member
2 hours later, Skolas is down, Elder cipher get, and the queenbreakers bow is on its way home! :). Also a guy I was running with got two ciphers at once O.O is that a thing?

Namikaze1

how long does it take to do PoE 35 this week? I have about 2 hours before bed, so I'm wondering if I should even bother today.
Thanks.
My run earlier took us an hour and 40 minutes. That's with several wipes. Can be done faster than that depending on if your team has the right gear.

Frenden

Banned
Re: inclusion/exclusion, I haven't seen any of that.

I've joined on tons of random GAF folks, had good runs and addeded new PSN friends.

No one ever booted me because I was new to a raid or didn't have a Gjally. Everyone has been super awesome.

Best game/community I've been a part of (and I'm old-balls and have been a part of quite a few).

Top Bottom